2019 World Championships Free Dance | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Free Dance

oly2018

Final Flight
That program is two programs spliced together. Kind of like H/D's. I hope some of these teams are feeling more inspired next season...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
:scratch3: I liked it, I mean it's not my favourite, but I wouldn't call it a Trainwreck

Why does this keep happening to me?!!

It's a good thing, you can stay away from the negative emotions people like me feel

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That really did not do it for me either. The first part was so snoozy and 'try hard' ("Look at us being artsy and sensitive"), and the second part seemed very disjointed - both within itself and compared to the first part. That said, I do feel that they are stronger skaters than S/B.

Yossalu

On the Ice
Madi & Zach really opened the door this season with a dog of a program. The SinKats never really do it for me, maybe because I don't like him personally, but there's a benefit to being the top Russian team. H/D could have solidified their position as undisputed #2 this year but I think they missed an opportunity.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
Music: Suite in D "Air" by Johann Sebastian Bach; Praeludium and Allegro (In the Style of Pugnani) by Fritz Kreisler
Choreography by: Sergei Petukhov
Costumes: White with beige sheer overlay lingerie dress for her; basic black for him. Simplicity is elegance, so good for them.

Program Layout:

Steps into
Twizzles - Multidirectional with interconnecting steps. Level 4 for both, 3.15 goe
Sl Lift - toss with catch, drop down into her cantileverd on his two footed squat; Level 4, 1.38 goe
Serp St Seq - very little of which is actually done in hold (killians yes, full dance hold, no) Level 4, 3.55 goe
Stationary Lift - to one foot. Nice variation in that he goes from squat to her on his shoulder and down again. Impressive. Level 4, 1.61 goe
NT St Seq - Level 4 for both, 2.78 goe
Steps into
Dance Spin - with nice cartwheel entry. BUT it was slow and practically petered out. Level 4, 1.44 and that's way too high.
And finally! Finally! A tempo change!
Rotational Lift - to over the shoulder position for her. Level 4, 1.44 goe
Choreo Dance Lift - to one knee. 3.15 goe
Chor Char Step Seq - Bringing The Drama Right Into Your Living Rooms! With added eurotrash beats! At least they ditched the ridiculously idiotic scratching. 2.96 goe
Choreo Spinning Move - nice position 3.32 goe
to end pose (which I find unbelievably irritating and condescending).

Well, it's not Mush. At all. And yes, it's the best FD they've had: a fine synthesis of the traditional High Russian Style with The New Lyrically Lyrical Lyricism. But almost all of it is done to a tempo one might charitably call Plodding Moderato (and I love love love Bach). But I think this program (along with Gibson and Fear's Disco Extravaganza) illustrates how the new rules are changing ID, particularly the new (over)emphasis on GOE and particulary the choreographic moves (which, we should remember, are not scored at all by the tech panel). But let's leave that thorny debate for the off-season, shall we? It's a very good program. Is it one of the 3 or 5 best of the season? The judges think so apparently. I don't. Plodding Moderato.

But much credit where credit is muchly due: S/K have finally gelled and are now a serious podium threat. Each and every time they compete.

Score: 127.82 and a SB

and they beat H/D. Well I said they were vulnerable the whole second half of the season.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
3After all these years not getting the 13 points at most, this year Russiand couples will have only 6 points :drama: Russian Fed drama in ID next year is coming.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hmm, slightly better dress for Gabriella Papadakis

oly2018

Final Flight
Madi & Zach really opened the door this season with a dog of a program. The SinKats never really do it for me, maybe because I don't like him personally, but there's a benefit to being the top Russian team. H/D could have solidified their position as undisputed #2 this year but I think they missed an opportunity.

Totally agree. Everyone said it was no big deal because they were still scoring well, but now S/K get the silver here and S/B are only 2 points back.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Imo S/K weren’t that good, I’d put them in 3rd maybe. But I’m not a judge so whatever[emoji849]

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This isn’t me ganging up on the two Russian teams, I swear... but I’m just not seeing the justification for their sudden rise in the standings since last season. I don’t get it. :confused2:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Five seconds of P/C and you feel everything that's missing in the performance of S/K but present in S/B.