Daria Usacheva 80.84
Alexandra Trusova 77.86
Maiia Khromykh 75.05
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 70.38

Last edited:

bubblecherry

Final Flight
This is a travesty! :dbana:
Edit: It's all in good fun though, so I'll calmly walk away from it.
How? :dbana:

Their transitions and jumps are nearly the same quality (Daria executes her transitions slightly better, Sasha has slightly better technique, both have edge issues on different jumps). While Daria has much better skating skills— edges/ice coverage/turns/posture, interpretation, performance, spins, and musicality. So, yes, Daria comes out ahead of Sasha. Both were wonderful, regardless.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kamila 😍! Wow! That 3A was amazing! Anna though is the one I feel performs the best and I love myself a 3-3Lo combo. I thought the placements were fair in all the categories. Looking forward to the free skates tomorrow. Elizaveta is finally adding triple triple combos that allow her to be competitive with this group. Good for her.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
This is a travesty! :dbana:
Edit: It's all in good fun though, so I'll calmly walk away from it.
Yeah there were some questionable scoring (surprise! 😑) but this is all for fun and a bit of extra into the pockets of participants, so who cares... it was good to see them stress-free, being playful and smiling 🥰 although the omni-present Yagudin and Trankov (especially Yagudin!) were rather irritating :palmf:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel like this event took place in an alternate universe COVID wise but it was entertaining and some great skates were had (T/M, M/G, Valieva, Kolyada, and some of the younger Russian men). I'm rooting for team MedBear (my name for what ever Evgenia's team is named - what does Time of Firsts mean?) - was hoping that Liza would hit her 3A, her score would have been around 80 with it. (Yes, some of the scoring was questionable and favors Team Eteri, but it's Russia.)

Ted Barton should have a Russian speaking co-host for these types of events, b/c clearly kept saying he needs Google translate or asked viewers to email him with what they were saying. I will admit to having a love/hate relationship with Ted. I like that he is bringing these events to us on YouTube but he's so clearly brown-nosing the RusFed and doesn't make any critical remarks about the COVID protocols (or lack thereof). I also wish he would find another word besides "charming" to describe some of the skaters. If I took a shot of alcohol every time he said that word today, I would be really drunk.

Also is 1MM rubles really only worth about $6,000 US Dollars? For the whole team?

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah there were some questionable scoring (surprise! 😑) but this is all for fun and a bit of extra into the pockets of participants, so who cares... it was good to see them stress-free, being playful and smiling 🥰 although the omni-present Yagudin and Trankov (especially Yagudin!) were rather irritating :palmf:
There is a video meme going around of Alina giving him some serious side eye and giving him a smack so she agrees with you. Amazing that she is half his age and has more maturity.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel like this event took place in an alternate universe COVID wise but it was entertaining and some great skates were had (T/M, M/G, Valieva, Kolyada, and some of the younger Russian men). I'm rooting for team MedBear (my name for what ever Evgenia's team is named) - was hoping that Liza would hit her 3A, her score would have been around 80 with it. (Yes, some of the scoring was questionable and favors Team Eteri, but it's Russia.)

Ted Barton should have a Russian speaking co-host for these types of events, b/c clearly kept saying he needs Google translate or asked viewers to email him with what they were saying. I will admit to having a love/hate relationship with Ted. I like that he is bringing these events to us on YouTube but he's so clearly brown-nosing the RusFed and doesn't make any critical remarks about the COVID protocols (or lack thereof). I also wish he would find another word besides "charming" to describe some of the skaters. If I took a shot of alcohol every time he said that word today, I would be really drunk.

Also is 1MM rubles really only worth about $6,000 US Dollars? For the whole team?
The 1M rubles was for the jumping competition that the 4 girls won. All total it's about $130,000.00 in prize money .

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 1M rubles was for the jumping competition that the 4 girls won. All total it's about $130,000.00 in prize money .
Huh, I thought Ted said $6K for the whole competition, I must have misheard him.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I feel like this event took place in an alternate universe COVID wise but it was entertaining and some great skates were had (T/M, M/G, Valieva, Kolyada, and some of the younger Russian men). I'm rooting for team MedBear (my name for what ever Evgenia's team is named - what does Time of Firsts mean?) - was hoping that Liza would hit her 3A, her score would have been around 80 with it. (Yes, some of the scoring was questionable and favors Team Eteri, but it's Russia.)

1000000 Russian rubles are about 13500 US dollars.

Amei

Record Breaker
(my name for what ever Evgenia's team is named - what does Time of Firsts mean?)

I believe the "time of firsts" given the astronaut/cosmonaut costume and the rocket ship is in honor the Soviet space program - first man to go to space and safely return was Yuri Gagarin (or as a sarcastic meme put it the first human being to strap himself to a missile get shot into space and live to tell about it) and the Soviet space program had some other firsts, Gagarin is the most famous though.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
DANCE RD
Stepanova/Bukin 90.75
Zagorski/Guerreiro 85.76
Skoptcova/Aleshin 81.42
Morozov/Bagin 80.54
Khudaberdieva/Bazin 79.13
Shevchenko/Eremenko 79.04

PAIRS SP
Tarasova/Morozov 83.61
Mishina/Galiamov 80.24
Boikova/Kozlovski 77.80
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin 75.73

MEN SP
Mikhail Kolyada 105.42
Makar Ignatov 99.81
Mark Kondratyuk 96.89
Dmitri Aliev 93.72
Andrei Mozalev 79.13
Alexander Samarin 78.07

LADIES SP
Kamila Valieva 90.25
Anna Shcherbakova 82.89
Daria Usacheva 80.84
Alexandra Trusova 77.86
Maiia Khromykh 75.05
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 70.38
Congratulation to all participants ❤️

brakes

On the Ice
I understand:
- Russian men don't deliver when it counts,
- it irritates fans/experts/commentators,
- they're being considered mentally 'soft' and ppl want them to toughen up,
- great champion like Yagudin is especially rattled by all of above,
- he's generally a good guy who cares about those boys and Russian men's skating,
BUT tournament like this and position which he was put in (supporting live K&C commentator) is not the place and time to behave like he did.

I don't care about Russian guys much, but felt uncomfortable and sorry for them watching Alexei's behaviour. :frown:(n)

readernick

Medalist
I understand:
- Russian men don't deliver when it counts,
- it irritates fans/experts/commentators,
- they're being considered mentally 'soft' and ppl want them to toughen up,
- great champion like Yagudin is especially rattled by all of above,
- he's generally a good guy who cares about those boys and Russian men's skating,
BUT tournament like this and position which he was put in (supporting live K&C commentator) is not the place and time to behave like he did.

I don't care about Russian guys much, but felt uncomfortable and sorry for them watching Alexei's behaviour. :frown:(n)
Yagudin while once upon a time one of my favorite skaters, is not considered a good guy by anyone who listens to his commentary about any male skater who isn't masculine enough to suit him, or by those who learned of his inappropriate comments toward a teenage girl with whom he was co-hosting a show. He was a great skater, as a human (n):poop:

Last edited:

Dogo

On the Ice
So Happy for the precious girls performances, very hopeful for the boys tomorrow, and completely disgusted by Yagudin. I'm fed up by that narcissistic clown Yagudin with a meme face. And can't really take seriously people who stand for him as a person.

Ugh, even Alina, technically still a teenager, had to stop him, an adult (stuck in the mentality of a bratty 10 year old), from making insulting jokes during Dima's program (who is still injured, same as Samarin).

I can digest Trankov, Plushenko, and even the theatrics of Tarasova. But Yagudin's stupid comments (and obsession with pointing out if someone is "masculine" enough in Figure skating or in life) really pisses me off and it only reveals his own insecurities.

Orlov

Medalist
First, Yagudin didn't insulting "jokes" during Dima's program. He said "Просто скотина!" ( direct trnsl - "he's just animal!", literary transl - "oh, you're douche bag!", or "he's real prick!"). It's hard to call it a "joke".

Second, it's wrong to demand from Alina that she stop him at that moment - first of all, it is clear that all her attention is devoted to the Dima' skate. But the most important thing is their age difference - Alina said on the evening show that since she was brought up in a Muslim family, she has a very strong respect for age and it's even difficult for her to address Yagudin simply by his first name without adding a patronymic (in English analogue address with "sir"). Therefore, for Alina, it would be simply psychologically impossible to directly reprimand him. And you can't demand it from her.

Yagudin, of course, annoyed Alina too. Неre, when he bothers Mozalev, Alina tries to calm Yagudin down and gets up the courage to actually tell him "go away!", of course, trying to soften it with smiles and playfulness.

Y: I would like to stand up and shout " bravo!", but unfortunately we can't do it. Let's face reality..
A: Everything was great! Why are you... slandering him? (Alina, to soften the expressions, uses the older version of this word - "наговаривать" which is more literary and soft than "клеветать"/"slander", but my English is primitive and I don't know how to adequately translate this nuance)
Y: I'm not slandering. I am only evaluating what our player has demonstrated now. Unfortunately, we saw the failure of the first, very difficult jump, 4F. There was a slight UR and this failure happened. And then... and then something happened that no one could have imagined - a fall on his favorite jump, 4T..
A: Come on, everything was great! Just.. go (Alina laugh and jokingly pushes Yagudin in the direction of K&C)
Y: For you, Alina, everything is always "great" for some reason.
A: All right...
Y: No, it wasn't "great" And now we will deal with what happened.
A: I say this because the athlete fought to the very end..
Y: So what! He still had no choice - even if he stopped skating, no one would let him out of the rink until the time was up (this is supposed to be joke)

Alexey, of course, was unbearable here. For me, Yagudin is quite a normal guy who often says sensible things and behaves with dignity. But not here. He always measures everything by himself - everyone must heroically overcome and go to kill themselves against the wall if they are not the first. And problems with impropriety. And with childishness. Thank God that Ted Barton doesn't know Russian - I felt Spanish shame all the time from the thought "What if Ted understood what they were talking about here now?"

But you can't demand from 18-year-old Alina to calm down a 40-year-old man. Don't forget the cultural difference. This is not an American movie where teenagers are easily rude to their parents using the f-word.