2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
SOI Teams are still together and listed together in cast, it has nothing to do with fun group numbers. Audrey and Misha are NOT listed together, she's listed in ladies singles and he and new partner in pairs teams on cast roster for show as I posted link above. And I'm adding it again to this post. https://www.aneveningwithchampions.org/cast.html
Hope Audrey gets to find a new partner soon. I'm so surprised, especially after winning 4CC together!

Oh really? I used to like Drodz but he always seems to drop partners just like that. I had really hoped he and Abachkina would work out. If Shevchenko and Eremenko split, I would love to see Liza and Eremenko as a pair. What a shame about U/N. So much drama going on with all these young Russian teams. S/A unfortunately really do nothing for me, so I’m not very invested in their partnership….yeah it is a shame that K/C and T/K are missing out on Junior worlds 😣 I don’t speak Russian so please if you read/hear anymore about any of the new partnerships, keep us posted 🙏
Sure! Although I rely heavily on Translate :giggle:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think so. IceRabbit is an insider, so if they post something as a fact, it is a fact.
Wasn't someone speculating about a Lu/Mitrofanov split somewhere earlier, about a month or so ago? I can't remember now.

Yikes, a few more changes, and the OP will be as long as a fanfest OP... Well, it's the Olympic season. :shrug:
Yes. If @Ic3Rabbit says it you can take it to the bank.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Reading comments online I learned Audrey got accepted into UCLA (yay Bruins - my alma mater!) So maybe she's decided to study full time? I'm sure we'll hear more later. At any rate, I'm sad to hear of the Lu/Mitrofanov split, but I wish them both the best.

Bord

Rinkside
always disappointing when a couple with potential ends a partnership, but i always felt they had technical skills but zippo chemistry. sort of checking off the skills robotically. just my opinion.
i like the partnership of emily chan and spencer howe...

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn't someone speculating about a Lu/Mitrofanov split somewhere earlier, about a month or so ago? I can't remember now.

Yes, that was me. Elena Bechke had said on TSL that there was a rumor about the "3rd US pair" splitting. I thought it likely that she meant Lu/Mitrofanov, not Calalang/Johnson as some postulated. My thought was met with incredulity, if not "hey, that's preposterous!"

I really hope that the main reason for the split is Audrey's acceptance to UCLA and her prioritizing her academic career. Everything I've gleaned about her would seem to point to that. It seems weird to fans, because L/M were on the rise this year and getting noticed. But it could even be that she felt her skating goals had been fulfilled -- although it's certainly more than possible that there were also other factors involved. It reminds me of when Felicia Zhang retired at age 19 when she and Nate B. had just competed at their first Worlds. Felicia wanted to pursue her nurse's degree.

I wish Audrey the best in whatever she pursues. I wish Misha and Hazel the best in their new partnership.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Reading comments online I learned Audrey got accepted into UCLA (yay Bruins - my alma mater!) So maybe she's decided to study full time? I'm sure we'll hear more later. At any rate, I'm sad to hear of the Lu/Mitrofanov split, but I wish them both the best.
She's skating ladies singles so, doubt that's the reason.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's skating ladies singles so, doubt that's the reason.
Oh. I thought maybe she was only skating in singles for that particular event in Boston. If she's continuing to compete further, I guess we can disregard my post just above yours. LOL. It was my attempt at a reasonable explanation ... but hope and speculation nonetheless.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What do we know about Hazel Collier?

I was curious about her too, so I went investigating.

Hazel is from the Boston club, and is currently competing in Junior Ladies. She was 15th in each segment at Nationals in January, but by some quirk finished 17th and last overall. However, she was on the podium in both of the Championship Series rounds that she competed at in the autumn. (3rd in Norwood and 2nd in Alpharetta).

Here is her Rink Results page:

http://www.rinkresults.com/skater?skater_id=11276

Hope this helps to shed a little light on her

CaroLiza_fan

gold12345

Medalist
always disappointing when a couple with potential ends a partnership, but i always felt they had technical skills but zippo chemistry. sort of checking off the skills robotically. just my opinion.

Yes Lu/Mitrofanov kind of lack expression. It's been said before that one or both of them are really into academics and this split rumor has been out there for a while, so I'm not that surprised by a split, but still surprised.

Despite their technical improvements over the years, they had some persistent lifting issues after 6 years together. Audrey grew to be relatively tall for a pair skater (about 5'4") and they were managing it, but only they know what training was like on a daily basis. Audrey originally came from singles and maybe she wants to continue it until college (which would typically start in the summer), who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.