2023 Russian Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Despite her good results i can't see Tuktik on top. She always do well then in nats she finishes out of podium or even out of top 5. Her wins in cup stages were already short. It isn't like she has a big advantage over the others.
I gave her silver in my predictions, that's already optimistic.
Liza would be such a popular winner though.
But, it seems that however well the season was going, nationals always went the opposite. Whatever could go wrong, went wrong.

Got covid a few weeks before competition one year, was on fire last year heading into the event and ended up a disappointing 7th.

To be fair, last year nobody was catching Kamila. She left earth and was skating in another galaxy that evening, went to places nobody before had gone to (for my money, it’s the best FS in history), but 7th was tough.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Liza would be such a popular winner though.
But, it seems that however well the season was going, nationals always went the opposite. Whatever could go wrong, went wrong.

Got covid a few weeks before competition one year, was on fire last year heading into the event and ended up a disappointing 7th.

To be fair, last year nobody was catching Kamila. She left earth and was skating in another galaxy that evening, went to places nobody before had gone to (for my money, it’s the best FS in history), but 7th was tough.
A gold at that age with that competition, would be huge. She doesn't have the same luck than others who are praised for their longevity.

7th was definitely rough. Especially with some seniors out.

Azikin

Medalist
Trusova national champion this year? No chance lolol. Top 5 is unlikely even imo, unless the judges severely overscore her which is possible
Oh, we've seen at Russian GP what the judges are capable of, when it comes to their beloved Russian rocket.. ;)

DoubleBass

Rinkside
Ikr? Just the highest PCS score for the SP in her career, no big deal lol.

Sokolovskaya bonus is no joke haha

Reactions: DMS

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Luckily there is a local event this week to pass the time before the fireworks start next week.

And since we are making predictions:

G - Kamila
S - Akatieva
B - Samodelkina

With Anna out, a spot has opened up for someone to make a fan out of me. And not to brag, but I’m a good fan to have. Haha

Cherub721

On the Ice
Anyone brave enough to predict Liza to win?
To complete her career resurgence.

Will she go for the quad? That’s an intriguing subplot.

She is been as good as anyone this year.
It would be very cool to see Liza win TEN YEARS after her first. And it would be a very "Liza" thing to do, to win the year after the Olympics, when the Russians can't even compete internationally. Her timing is always off unfortunately. Now of course I don't think she'd win if the others go clean, but I've seen a ton of mistakes on the ultra C elements during the GP, so it is not out of the question if she's absolutely on fire. She has very good programs. I would normally look up the season's best scores, but I haven't seen any lists that include the Russians, so I could be way off on her chances.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It would be very cool to see Liza win TEN YEARS after her first. And it would be a very "Liza" thing to do, to win the year after the Olympics, when the Russians can't even compete internationally. Her timing is always off unfortunately. Now of course I don't think she'd win if the others go clean, but I've seen a ton of mistakes on the ultra C elements during the GP, so it is not out of the question if she's absolutely on fire. She has very good programs. I would normally look up the season's best scores, but I haven't seen any lists that include the Russians, so I could be way off on her chances.
“Very Liza” is such a great way to describe it. Love it.

Pairluv

Final Flight
Any news that this will be on You Tube as usual or will I need a VPN to watch Channel 1? I don't want to wait until 1:00 AM CST time Thursday morning to download a good VPN. LOL.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any news that this will be on You Tube as usual or will I need a VPN to watch Channel 1? I don't want to wait until 1:00 AM CST time Thursday morning to download a good VPN. LOL.
Their international channel on YouTube doesn’t have the links yet. But they usually put up the links on Tuesday or so.

But, it’s hard to believe that they showed the test skates live, the GP events live, all their All Russian competitions (like the one this weekend) live, and won’t show this live.

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just read the interview Liza gave to the fed’s website.

Nearly fell out of my chair when in mentioned that this will be her 15th National Championship. Jeez, she competed when a lot of her competitors wasn’t even born, or if they were, couldn’t even walk yet.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Just read the interview Liza gave to the fed’s website.

Nearly fell out of my chair when in mentioned that this will be her 15th National Championship. Jeez, she competed when a lot of her competitors wasn’t even born, or if they were, couldn’t even walk yet.
I wonder when and why fed decided that 12yo can't compete at senior nats anymore.
Sotnikova and her really started the new era when they won gold and silver at senior & juniors nats the same year.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

I wonder when and why fed decided that 12yo can't compete at senior nats anymore.
Sotnikova and her really started the new era when they won gold and silver at senior & juniors nats the same year.
Yes, Sotnikova has two golds that wouldn't be possible today. And Tuktamysheva has also 2 silver and 1 bronze.
Also Radionova and Lipnitskaya has 1 silver each.

I guess the new rules that you should be 14 came around the year 2014/15??

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yes, Sotnikova has two golds that wouldn't be possible today. And Tuktamysheva has also 2 silver and 1 bronze.
Also Radionova and Lipnitskaya has 1 silver each.

I guess the new rules that you should be 14 came around the year 2014/15??
Probably 2016/2017. Fedichkina was 13yo when she competed the first time.