2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Free Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Free Dance

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't love that dress on her. The dress yes but the cut and her hair makes it look as though it's photo shopped with someone else's body.
She has a really big face

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
they appear to be Igor's strongest team now. Wonder why teams keep leaving him - even D/S
On top of the choreography issue, which has gotten worse and worse over the last few seasons, there's been some implications (as far as I know no outright statements) that Igor tends to be, shall we say, one of the less supportive coaches particularly towards skaters who don't already come to him with remarkable gifts and have a more talented partner. And it's abundantly clear that he always has a Favorite Team and then everyone else. Not surprising that the unfavorites get fed up with receiving crumbs and keep leaving, or that top teams get frustrated with the stale programs.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Not to rise to Igor’s defense, but he does get it right occasionally. Example—

I also liked the Rach 2 Chock/Bates ended up with at Worlds 2016 and both their programs in 2016-17, plus he does a mean flamenco. But he hasn't been properly inspired since at least PyeongChang IMO.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
wasn't Emilia a single skater until like 5 minutes ago?
She skated for Cyprus in singles at the first Cranberry comp in Norwood. I fell in love, bought a Cyprus flag, and then she switched to ice dance for the US. I think it’s astonishing she’s picked it up so quickly but what do I know? But now I have a Cyprus flag with no one to fly it for. I threw my emergency stuffie to her (the one I couldn’t throw in Norwood) and it’s the first one since I got here that’s made it all the way to the ice. I got mild applause from the crowd and made the v for victory sign

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also liked the Rach 2 Chock/Bates ended up with at Worlds 2016 and both their programs in 2016-17, plus he does a mean flamenco. But he hasn't been properly inspired since at least PyeongChang IMO.
I don’t mean to pick at Igor either. He was one of my first dance coaches when he first came to the states and was a great teacher and very kind to a beginner adult dancer.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She skated for Cyprus in singles at the first Cranberry comp in Norwood. I fell in love, bought a Cyprus flag, and then she switched to ice dance for the US. I think it’s astonishing she’s picked it up so quickly but what do I know? But now I have a Cyprus flag with no one to fly it for. I threw my emergency stuffie to her (the one I couldn’t throw in Norwood) and it’s the first one since I got here that’s made it all the way to the ice. I got mild applause from the crowd and made the v for victory sign
Only mild applause?

Do those people not know who you are?

Your support of skaters is so admirable, you deserve a standing ovation every time you enter an arena!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Cyprus still has a really good Junior dance team, and MarIlena Kitromilis. Don’t put away that flag just yet!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Congrats to Madi and Evan! They were sublime! :love: I don't know how they do it, but every year I start out rather unsure about their free dance (yes, including snake dance and alien & astronaut) and midway through the season they make me fall in love with it. I like the changes they made even if it means reusing some moves.

Congrats to the rest of the podium! Green and Parsons - I enjoyed that much more than the beginning of the season too. Really really strong skate in a pressure situation. Carreira & Ponomarenko - so improved this year. And an amazing debut for Zingas & Kolesnik!

Also happy Wolfkostin and Chen got a redemption free dance... but sad to see Pate & Bye and Flores & Desyatov have big issues. Really love American ice dance and I hope Hawayek & Baker are back competing soon too!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Madi and Evan! They were sublime! :love: I don't know how they do it, but every year I start out rather unsure about their free dance (yes, including snake dance and alien & astronaut) and midway through the season they make me fall in love with it. I like the changes they made even if it means reusing some moves.

Congrats to the rest of the podium! Green and Parsons - I enjoyed that much more than the beginning of the season too. Really really strong skate in a pressure situation. Carreira & Ponomarenko - so improved this year. And an amazing debut for Zingas & Kolesnik!

Also happy Wolfkostin and Chen got a redemption free dance... but sad to see Pate & Bye and Flores & Desyatov have big issues. Really love American ice dance and I hope Hawayek & Baker are back competing soon too!
At least those with issues were fluke mishaps and not lingering deficiencies. Easily forgotten.