Shock and Dismay: Worst Programs Evah | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Shock and Dismay: Worst Programs Evah

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Well..for a deliberately "bad program"...Debbie Thomas's exhibition as "Wanda Beasel." I'm sure she ment well, (and I admire her greatly),but I always thought it kind of mean for someone of that level to "poke fun" at beginner skaters. Ditto for the commentators. (Sounds like Scott Hamilton).

I didn't see that at all. Geez, people need to lighten up sometimes. I thought it was charming and hilarious, and it could easily be her poking fun at herself or how every skater has to start out. She wasn't mocking anyone, she was putting on a show and entertaining an audience, and as National and World Champion wasn't afraid to risk bringing herself down, so to speak, in order to do it.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
... And as stated before, she probably didn't realize that a great fluff program to kick off the season would fall apart as her phyical issues became more serious...

IMO, Kwan's "Bolero" is like Irina's skate at Worlds of 2004 -- a triumph of mind over body. When I think of "worst evah", I don't think of programs that were skated by ill or injured skaters.

I also agree with Tonichelle -- I liked Urmanov's "Phantom" also!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
whether or not she was injured is not where I take issue with Bolero... the fact that it got watered down and even more watered down for whatever reason annoys me lol

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
whether or not she was injured is not where I take issue with Bolero... the fact that it got watered down and even more watered down for whatever reason annoys me lol

The most watered down program ever IMO was Sasha Cohen's Swan Lake FS after Robin Wagner took over mid-season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, I guess everyone's tastes are different for sure. Kristi had that program for one of the longest years of my skate-fandom. I still can't stand it, particularly the parts where she wipes her nose on her skirt and does all that shushing.

Here's some pretty bad dance routines. The polka often brings out the worst in some teams:

This one is unintentionally hilarious. The stiff tutu she's wearing takes on a strange life of it's own.
Petr & Janoschak 1992 Olympics OD Anvil Chorus Polka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr_rJXMtEB8

Same couple previous year. Choreo and costumes by Toller in one of his stranger phases of the moon. This would be better if they played it for laughs, but they are dead serious.

Petr & Janoschak 1991 Worlds FD PeeWee's Big Adventure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRgLOWLrJGE

Beiers 2007 OD Like a Virgin Polka Nebelhorn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh2_Ns_JfnY

~tapdancer

On the Ice
My vote for worst eveh men's..has to be the Plushenko program...I couldn't bear to even watch it all the way through...horrible, indeed.

And the Pee-Wee Program (Petr/Janoshak)? *shivers*...just too weird for words.

Off-topic but just had to say that when watching the Pee-Wee program, it made me realize how happy I am with ice dance under the CoP. At least now I feel like the couples are moving on the ice...sometimes with older dance programs, it seems like they are standing still half the time and so dang slow across the ice! And the holds seem boring, overall, it just looks too simple sometimes. All the stops and posing and whatever that went on. Of course I've loved ice dance for years (early 80s) and have many, many programs I love and appreciate but I just have to say that this year I just felt like ice dance has entered a new realm and it's exciting and interesting and I'm really glad about that.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Rotflmao @ the Plushenko baby program!! I'd never seen this!! It's really bad but it's so hilarious and now I can't stop watching it!! lol

I think the Debi Thomas one is stupid though. It wasn't even funny. She took it too far not getting off the ice and wrecking the flowers.

Last edited by a moderator:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
What's everyone got against Plushenko's Sex Bomb? I thought it was funny, espacially as Plush always looks so seroius!

I do agree about Plush's "Only You" Program - that was awful!

Mafke

Medalist
What's everyone got against Plushenko's Sex Bomb? I thought it was funny, espacially as Plush always looks so seroius!
I do agree about Plush's "Only You" Program - that was awful!

It's not the generic sex bomb program he's done a few times.

This one he starts out in a baby carriage and then climbs out and is dressed like a baby and does babyish things and then (while still in the character of the baby) rips off the baby clothes to show a ripped muscleman body (while still maintaining baby body language as much as possible) and starts doing pelvic thrusts ... words just fail me, you have to see it for yourself (if you can stand it - warning it has the power to sap your will to live as one poster here put it).

The only way I can think of it as funny is if Plushenko has an adult baby fetish and finally found the perfect way to publicly indulge in it or to imagine his horror when he finds out that a) there are people with an adult baby fetish and b) he's just given them a new source for self-gratification.

escaflowne9282

Rinkside
The only way I can think of it as funny is if Plushenko has an adult baby fetish and finally found the perfect way to publicly indulge in it or to imagine his horror when he finds out that a) there are people with an adult baby fetish and b) he's just given them a new source for self-gratification.

there's an adult baby fetish? OMG ...wow...:rofl: that just ....:rofl:, I learned something new today.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I can't say I liked most of them. But they never quite reached the level of Worst Evah except for that Baby Sex Bomb program. After all, mostly his jumps were very special.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
why is it called BAby Sex Bomb? He's skating to a very odd version of Hit Me Baby One More Time

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I thought it was a cover version of Britney Spears "Oops I did it again."

Another sign of tastelessness, for sure.

However, after he takes of the baby clothers, they start playing Sex Bomb so Baby-Sex Bomb is a reasonable designation.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you're right, I am sleep deprived and that was the song playing on the TV lol

oh and I didn't watch the whole thing so that makes sense...