2023 Grand Prix de France Women's Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France Women's Short Program

midori green

On the Ice
Does anyone else find Isabeau's winks at the judges strange? The past two competitions I saw it on the move before her double axel. Today, I saw it at the end. It just throws me off.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
While I do like the armography and the music for Nastya, I do think that program could have more moves and steps in between the elements. So I tend to agree with YuBluByMe that many skaters tonight had better composition than her.
I agree with the fact that the programme is a bit 'empty', but for example, i don't definitely agree with judge no 2 who gave her 6.25 for CO, and gave Janna 6.50, Kimmi 7.25 and Wakaba 8 in comparison.

Last edited:

Rebecca Moose

toots
On the Ice
Country
United-States
This was a shit event.(hopefully that language is allowed)

Isabeau should get a proper edge call for the flutz, but even if that was called, she'd still deserve to lead. Clearly the best program and performance here.

I refuse to believe Lori Nichol choreographed that weird Haein Lee program. No way. And she's lucky the toe was only called as <.

Gubanova was fine, I enjoyed her more than usual. Probably helped skating after Repond.

Belgian girl was nice, but the jumps were small. I liked the dress.

Wakaba started on fire but the last half of the program really died out. Generic program.

Bin the rest. I think I can definitely skip the first group tomorrow.

Louis Pu

Spectator
Haein Lee's score should be lower... Both of her triple flip and lutz should be given a "!". Gubanova's performance is on the top in my mind, but I can't understand why her pcs is extremely low. Are you kidding me with the 29 pcs of Gubanova?

Skating91

Medalist
Protocols are up already.

Nastya's combo didn't end up downgraded or anything, it was called clean with +1.59 GOE.

Isabeau got a ! on her lutz which is correct, but I'm pretty sure that 3T was at least q....
Isabeau-3-T.jpg

It was. Out of six jump elements across two program, there have been big problems with the landings in three of them but zero called by the judges. It gives a massive advantage when a skater know they can make errors on half their jump elements but for it to have little effect on their score. Puts opponents under massive pressure because they have to be perfect to keep up.

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
No man has ever been related to this particular plant in this way, o to any other. Men too have had their fair share of reverse sexism (like when they have to be "masculine" no matter what. Like when they can't express their feeling to not be deemed as not men enough or worse gay. Etc.) Also we refer to a non consistent skater as a cactus regardless of the gender, so don't make comparison that don't have reason to exist only because you got triggered by the Word sexist
Elektra, if look back into the thread you may notice that it was actually you getting triggered by the word "roses" and responding with the aggressive claim that this word is to be considered sexist. I would like to know where you got that idea from and what your definition of sexism is based on at all. But maybe we continue this discussion in a pm if you like, and not ruin the competition thread.

Louis Pu

Spectator
And I don't think Isabeau is overscored today. Her triple lutz has been given a "!" so her TES has lowered from 39 to 38. As for her PCS, her Composition is the highest without any doubt because her program is the most complex among all programs today; her Presentation and Skating Skill are still equal to her performance. I don't know why there are many people saying Isabeau is overscored.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I’m at the event - during the warmup Kimmie was whipping around the rink with no regard for anyone. It was disrespectful and showed signs of immaturity. And I was rooting for her.
As ye sow, etc. Didn't help her much, did it? Thanks for that, Bord. Enjoy the event!

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
I’m at the event - during the warmup Kimmie was whipping around the rink with no regard for anyone. It was disrespectful and showed signs of immaturity. And I was rooting for her.
She was probably just very stressed and im the zone, no need to crucify her right away.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Napped during the LSP - and eek are my predictions in trouble already. Mone & Kimmy - yikes.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Isabeau-3-T.jpg

It was. Out of six jump elements across two program, there have been big problems with the landings in three of them but zero called by the judges. It gives a massive advantage when a skater know they can make errors on half their jump elements but for it to have little effect on their score. Puts opponents under massive pressure because they have to be perfect to keep up.

I don’t really think these screenshots are proving any points and I think you’re intentionally misleading…

If you’re very strict, maybe this is a Q.

But, she only got +0.17 GOE on this combo. -1s through +1s. Gubanova (rightfully) got more points with her 3F3T combo (+1.59 GOE) . However, Gubanova had issues with levels.

And let’s not be obtuse, this was certainly a lot more rotated than Haein’s <, which should’ve been called <<. Haein has scored much higher than Isabeau in the past, and could still do so with more rotated jumps.

The issue isn’t Isabeau’s calls. If other skaters skate clean, they can obviously beat her, just like they have in the past.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, I was busy with customer requests and only saw bits and pieces of the women.

I think I saw one "Judge Pit Stop" in this competition, were there others I missed? LOL

Skating91

Medalist
I don’t really think these screenshots are proving any points and I think you’re intentionally misleading…

If you’re very strict, maybe this is a Q.

But, she only got +0.17 GOE on this combo. -1s through +1s. Gubanova (rightfully) got more points with her 3F3T combo (+1.59 GOE) . However, Gubanova had issues with levels.

And let’s not be obtuse, this was certainly a lot more rotated than Haein’s <, which should’ve been called <<. Haein has scored much higher than Isabeau in the past, and could still do so with more rotated jumps.

The issue isn’t Isabeau’s calls. If other skaters skate clean, they can obviously beat her, just like they have in the past.
She was probably lucky that the lutz wasn't an edge call
lutz-take-off.jpg

This is the take off of the second toe jump
take-off.jpg

Then the rest
Isabeau-3-T.jpg

You will just have to trust that I didn't get on photoshop and manipulate it in such a way to show an underrotation. At best on the q for her. GOE of 0 or 1 is not correct for this combo when her jumps aren't the most beautiful as she bends over and slows down before she the jump, plus if it's not an underrotation or on the q, she's definitely cheated on the landing, then you have the not clear edge.

No question Haein Lee was underrotated, they were tough on quite a few.

yyzskater

On the Ice
She was probably just very stressed and im the zone, no need to crucify her right away.
I'm sure all the skaters are stressed and in their own zone, but her poor sportsmanship was evident. A disappointing surprise.

(Perhaps sportsmanship is not the right word but I can't think of what else to call it)