2024 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Free Dance

zebobes

Final Flight
The song Loving You is from Sondheim's slightly controversial musical Passion. Now, it would be fascinating if someone ACTUALLY skated to Passion, and had the girl wearing ugly makeup looking hideous. The musical is about a creepy ugly woman who falls in love with a handsome officer, and eventually the officer does fall in love with her. I love this song, but it no longer has the original meaning of the song anymore.

Last edited:

Axel Rose

On the Ice
Is anybody a bit disturbed by the lyrics to Loving You? I’d never heard them before and they sound like the words of an unhealthy, infatuated couple. What an odd choice.

zebobes

Final Flight
Is anybody a bit disturbed by the lyrics to Loving You? I’d never heard them before and they sound like the words of an unhealthy, infatuated couple. What an odd choice.

It's from the musical Passion, and you are very perceptive, as this song is intended to make you feel uncomfortable. Which would be why it would be fascinating if a team actually portrayed the story of the musical, instead of this sappy romantic version.

slider11

Medalist
So disappointed for Caroline and Michael. There are so many nuances to this program; they are not flashy but technically very sound and so soulful in their interpretation. I like Marie-Jade and Romain's corpse bride but it's alot of flash and clever tricks but not in a competition, imo. I think Michael and Caroline were hurt skating right after them because those that like the schtik are not going to be as enthusiastic to a more refined dance. Or are the judges thinking, too many US teams, somebody's gotta go.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's from the musical Passion, and you are very perceptive, as this song is intended to make you feel uncomfortable. Which would be why it would be fascinating if a team actually portrayed the story of the musical, instead of this sappy romantic version.
Well that's awkward...it's like Every Breath You Take in that sense then?

Man, you'd think the choreographers would actually listen to the lyrics closely!