Ladies LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

Andalusia

Final Flight
The first thing Caroline said in the kiss and cry was I couldn't have been worse if I tried, and she's right. Her technique on her jumps looked absolutely horrid tonight. She's going nowhere if she doesn't fix that pronto. The jumps were tiny. Even her spins didn't look that great this time around.

On the other hand, I'm over the moon about Fumie and Alissa! :clap: Fumie's jumps are looking better than I've seen in a long time and I saw true artistry and emoting from Alissa tonight. Her music is exquisite and I'm so glad that at least she stayed upright on her jumps.

Joannie...the rightful winner but I'm still pretty meh about the program. Maybe it's because of the overused music but the program might grow on me over time.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
My goodness.
Who would've thought Alissa would be the only US medalist in the ladies after the two competitions?

As much as I am happy to see her skate a good program,
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
BIG congratulations to Miss Joannie Rochette! I knew all along she could do it and she did not disappoint! :love::bow::love::bow:

McWicked

On the Ice
My goodness.
Who would've thought Alissa would be the only US medalist in the ladies after the two competitions?

As much as I am happy to see her skate a good program,
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Does Alyssa have another GP assigment???

persimmon

Rinkside
Joannie had 124 something I believe. On par with Yu-na at SA.
ETA: It's funny to think about how hyped all of the "up and comer" American girls were, when Alissa is the only one to have medalled and has the highest (?) score so far.

turtle

On the Ice
If Rochette's score from today is any indication, she might present a serious challenge to Mao and Yuna.:yes:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
CONGRATS to the Ladies. Joannie did not disappoint and Alyssa was second in the F.S. I am so happy she medaled, go girl. Fumie loved her program too.

R.D.

Record Breaker
If Rochette's score from today is any indication, she might present a serious challenge to Mao and Yuna.:yes:

She was seriously buoyed by her home crowd, though. And you don't want to peak early.

screech

Final Flight
Caroline Zhang has so many uggly techniques. she's not going any far with that.

The first thing Caroline said in the kiss and cry was I couldn't have been worse if I tried, and she's right. Her technique on her jumps looked absolutely horrid tonight. She's going nowhere if she doesn't fix that pronto. The jumps were tiny. Even her spins didn't look that great this time around.

Caroline's 3F technique is pretty bad. Huge kick up into the air - much more common to see that in peoples 3Lz, so it's odd she learned/taught herself that way.

And aside from that in her entrance to most jumps she scratches her toe into the ice to insanely decrease her speed and then push herself up to do the jump. Some skaters do that because the 'stand still' technique is easier and I noticed it very prevalently in her skate.

Also, no character at all in her performance. Having not seen her last year, I personally don't get any of the hype.

As for Fumie... kinda blah performance and I'm really hoping she got dinged on her flutz - not a huge one, but a COE on the entry nonetheless that I really noticed. (results page isn't working right now so I can't see the protocols to see if she did)

I loved Joannie's program. There wasn't a dull moment IMO and the 4 minutes went by way too fast. She was constantly performing and skating to the music, compared to most of the others who were skating on top of the music. Great performance for so early in the year. Plus, she always has the most gorgeous dresses and I love how the colour of her dress isn't one you would expect for that music but was absolutely stunning on her.

McWicked

On the Ice

No, Rochette had overscoring in both of her programs, though they were good, but c'mon, you cant compare hers to Yuna's. And Im not tryin to be mean or anything, I dont have anything against Joannie.

oleada

Record Breaker

Now, I really like Joannie, but I would wait until she can skate similar programs outside of Canada. Skate Canada scoring usually is very generous toward the Canadian skaters, and has been throughout the years.

That said, Joannie rocked tonight :rock: