Ladies LP | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

yunaddiction

Rinkside
OOOPS, It seems like my post made some Yu-na fan a little upset. I am sorry if I did. I know her double axel probably is as good as triple loop with plus GOE. And her lutz is the best among female skaters now. I just wanted to make a point that as good as Yu-na is, I hope Yu-na will fix her flip and perfect loop and maybe try loop combo to make her program more versatile. That is all. I know she can do it.
For example Yuna had 3F(with !). three 2A, two 3Lz and 2S(supposed to be 3S)
Miki had two 3Lz, 2A,3S,3Lo(ur), 3T
Rochette had two 3Lz, 3F,2Lo(supposed to be 3Lo), 3T and 3S
Mao did 2 3A(1 fell and ur),two 3F, 3Lo, 3T and 2A
They put different kind of triples (I am not counting the second jump in combo) in their program. I know with new judging system, what Yu-na is doing is the wisest thing to do to win by accumulating points.,She has the best triple toe combo. but I am sure she can win by showing us that she can perfect different jumps as well. That is all. I am not trying to offend anyone!!

Yuna's flip is technically pure & perfect and she won't change the current way of doing it.
Who should think again is not Yuna but judges.
All TV commentators over the world praise Yuna's Flip.
But never mind. Yuna won't change it anyway.:)

She show a great 3Loop in COR 2007 of the highest score ever for lady's LP.
She recently has a problem on it but she still can do it well during practice.
Yuna herself mentioned about it as the psycological matter.
Team Yuna decided not to try 3Loop in the competition until the Vancouver Olympic.
So you may able to enjoy her 3Loop after VC if she still skate then.
I think she doesn't need to do it now at all.

Currently her best weapon is 3F-3T and she is now preparing 3Lz-3T so maybe...you can ejoy her new combo in the next season.
Personally, I think again she does not really nead this new weapon seriously.

All she need to do is just enjoying her own skating.
That's it:yes:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm a regular visitor to Carolina Kostner's site and I just find it somewhat amusing that they haven't updated her site after her disastrous LP...they're usually right on top of things, I wonder what happened :)

Chipotle88

Spectator
gourry, sorry I confused you. And thanks for understanding my strange way of looking at the program. So if Yu-na adds 3 loop,good 3F, 3lz and let's say 3S then she can show us her ability of 4 different kind of triples,l, And if she could put 3 toe combination and 3 loop combination , she can show us her ability of being able to do 2 different kind of combos.. Maybe it is not strategically the best thing, but I just want not only Yu-na but everyone to show they can do different kind of jumps in their program. Sorry if I confused you again......

I don't understand how a great skater is determined by how many different triples one can do. To me, that is just one small aspect of being a great skater. I'd rather want Yu-na to put more time in working with music and developing artistry, (which she already is pretty darn good) rather than focusing too much on technical aspects and end up making a program of a jump show. I think Yu-na's technique is already among the best in the world. What really separates her from the rest of the field is her musicality and artistry on the ice, rather than her ability to do a huge 3-3 combination jump. I saw one post regarding her spiral sequence wondering how it had the most GOE. Yes her position might not be the best, but her sprial really goes perfectly with music, and it always does something interesting within the choreography and program, not to mention its amazing ice coverage and speed. However, Mao's spiral might seem to have a good stretch but it lacks the connection with music, and I personally think it's too slow to feel anything when watching live. And it seems that the judges have to agree with me on this.

I really don't care if Mao's going for all five triples which shows her mindset of challenging herself, what I see on the ice is a worried skater who is focused too much on perfecting technical elements, not being able to really show what she has through the choreography and feel of the music. And THAT, I wouldn't call a great skater.

shine

Record Breaker
Yuna's flip is technically pure & perfect and she won't change the current way of doing it.
Who should think again is not Yuna but judges.
Wow, I think this is the most arrogant statement of the year.
I think you can simplify all your posts down to four words: "Yuna Kim is perfect", if you feel the need to post. That would save both yourself and the readers a lot of time.
I try really hard to like Yuna, but her many obsessed fans just turn me off completely the next second. I don't think figure skating has witnessed such extreme fanaticism ever. Not even from the Kwan fans.

Last edited:

lovecompletion

Rinkside
Looks like mao ubers got angery because yu-na won!

I think you can simplify all your posts down to four words: "Yuna Kim is perfect", if you feel the need to post. That would save both yourself and the readers a lot of time.
I try really hard to like Yuna, but her many obsessed fans just turn me off completely the next second. I don't think figure skating has witnessed such extreme fanaticism ever. Not even from the Kwan fans.

Well, nobody cares EXCEPT you if yu-na's fan goes crazy or not. If you want to fight, go someplace else, grab Korean and fight.

ps. sorry for poor English

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't think figure skating has witnessed such extreme fanaticism ever. Not even from the Kwan fans.

I was thinking the SAME thing. Although the Kwanfan situation often got personal, I think I'm much more annoyed by these Yu Na ubers. I mean, whatever dude :indiff:

quikrush

Rinkside
You know what, I've always been a Yuna fan and after her fabulous performances this season I love her more than ever, but those people...I seriously came to wonder if they are truly fans of Yuna Kim or some versatile kind of Yuna-haters determined to make her fans look bad.

yunaddiction

Rinkside

'Yuna Kim's flip is perfect.' It is an opinion by Kristi Yamaguchi after watching this Worlds.
She strongly disagreed with attention on the flip.
And what about Ito Midori ?
She said on TV that Yuna's flip looks no problem for her in COC 2007.
And what about Euro ESPN Comentator?
Do you need more?

And for your information, Yuna herself said that she won't change her flip.
Simply she doesn't care. and why should I?

And please don't TRY HARD to like Yuna.
I am afraid It is kind of obssession.
Just enjoy it or not. It's up to your feeling.
I think enjoying your own favorite ( whoever) is quite enough.

Last edited:

Morning Glory

On the Ice
And what about Ito Midori ?
She said on TV that Yuna's flip looks no problem for her in COC 2007.
First, I'm not trying to offend you nor to say Yuna is a liper.

Though I do love Midori as a skater and as a person, sometimes I have questions about Midori's comments. At GPF, Midori miscounted Miki's 4S. She said watching slow-mo "1,2,3, yes she did 3S but it was UR":eek:. Midori also said one skater's (sorry, forgot her name,maybe Calorina) perfect outside lutz(it was obviously for me as a layman) as a flutz..... and this skater didn't get "e" nor "!".

I just want to say, even an experienced skater sometimes has difficulties to judge. This is a problem IMO. This season, I heard so many times the comentators said " I think this jump is fully rotated, but I have to wait the judge's decison".

yunaddiction

Rinkside
First, I'm not trying to offend you nor to say Yuna is a liper.

Though I do love Midori as a skater and as a person, sometimes I have questions about Midori's comments. At GPF, Midori miscounted Miki's 4S. She said watching slow-mo "1,2,3, yes she did 3S but it was UR":eek:. Midori also said one skater's (sorry, forgot her name,maybe Calorina) perfect outside lutz(it was obviously for me as a layman) as a flutz..... and this skater didn't get "e" nor "!".

I just want to say, even an experienced skater sometimes has difficulties to judge. This is a problem IMO. This season, I heard so many times the comentators said " I think this jump is fully rotated, but I have to wait the judge's decison".

So imagine what happen if UN-Experienced or Biased judges make any "e", "!" or UR improperly or if they did not when they had to.;)
What I'm saying is "!" on Yuna's flip is quite disputable and she has the right to ignore it if she want & if she can. Isn't it?

And what is wrong if I say her flip is best or if her skating is best in the world?
I really really loved Yuna's Lark Ascending in 2007 World Campionship even with 2 falls.
And now... how could I ask anything more about her skating after watching the Worlds this time?
She already accomplished the class of her own.:clap::clap::clap:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
As long as ISU rule allowing ladies to do three 2A, most ladies will keep doing them coz they are easy and skaters are able to get good GOE and the jump end up worth as much as 3T or 3S average. So there goes one triple.

Maybe ISU should change the rule back to only 2A jump and forcing skater to attempt/learn other triple jumps. In this case skater who cannot to do consistant 3Lo have no choice but to do it or take risk with 3F or 3Lz hoping there will be no 'e" deduction. Maybe it's the hip thing, but seem like most ladies cannot or lose 3Lo once they get older. Number top skaters like Nakano, Kim, Sarah Mier, cannot do consistant 3Lo.

gourry

Final Flight
millions of people can change they're face to a music -___-. Artistry is not stupid faces.

In a perfect world, yes, millions of people can change their face to music. In a real world, not so many. If it's that easy, why would some get praised with it and some won't?
Of course artistry is not all about facial expression. There are glances, finger movement, arm movemet, every subtle bodiy movements...
However, facial expression sure is very important and basic in not just figure skating but in EVERY kinds of performances-all kind of dances, play, mime, and what not. Have you ever seen any 'artistic' performer with stone face?? I can't think of any ballerina who danced with worried, nervous, frown looks... unless the music demands it. Can you?

One more thing. Why do you think performers wear heavy makeup? Isn't it to emphasize their facial expression? 'Stupid faces' doesn't really explain it I guess.
Don't insult them, please.

Last edited:

Fae

Rinkside
omg...

Yes, Yuna is a kick-*** skater who lots of people clearly love. But there's *ALWAYS* room for improvement!!
All this Yunadoration and Asadadulation drives me crazy.

On a side note, my friend who's half Korean, made her first trip to Korea not too long ago and came back mock-complaining: "That skatergirl is EVERYWHERE!!!" (My friend doesn't dig skating...so hence "skatergirl" :p Apparently she even has some sort of pastry/breadthing named after her. LOL!!)

I have to say, I like the over-the-top fans of individual skaters. :)

Just like there are many different kinds of skaters, there are many different kinds of fans.

Some like to argue about whether Davis and White deserved an extra hundredth of a point deduction because Charlie came out of his last twizzle a split second too soon.

Others just dig the boy's hair. :yes:

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I was thinking the SAME thing. Although the Kwanfan situation often got personal, I think I'm much more annoyed by these Yu Na ubers. I mean, whatever dude :indiff:

I beg your pardon... Kwan ubers are a diginified, respectful group of intellengent skating experts who were working hard to educate our skating breathern with accurate, fair and and logical reasons as to Michelle Kwan's superior abilities.

So up your nose, with a rubber hose pal:p

(and no, Yuna is not perfect. and I suggest to her ubers to calm down until AFTER she wins the OGM... Kwan Nation has learned this the hard way... sigh)

shine

Record Breaker
Well, nobody cares EXCEPT you if yu-na's fan goes crazy or not. If you want to fight, go someplace else, grab Korean and fight.

ps. sorry for poor English
WTF?

I'm sorry, Mathman. Fanaticism is not a new word. But some of these Yu-Na fans seriously gave it a whole new definition.