Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 92 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

plushyta

On the Ice
Can you even jump a 4 jump combo in competition by the way?
:scratch:

No it was a russian song in exhibition, maybe the same as Rostel Gala?;)
Yes ... sorry - encore after Tosca :biggrin: ... I think :scratch: (I dont know :p) Well - Tosca costume :lol:
This? :rock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKoQ5c_3Atc

this is true or gossip?:unsure:
True - from "first hand" :cool:

thankfully everyone has gotten better on this thread and you all haven't posted back to back to back lately... keep up the good work :laugh:
We will do our best! :biggrin: ... until 2000 and BEYOND! :rofl:

Last edited:

plushyta

On the Ice
unless i come back next days and see the thread 1 meter shorter, aka 500 posts less!11e8daca7459f5b042e3039a423bfb41.gif
I like your bow in hair :rofl:

P.S. whether we have tonight to get to our target goal?
nails.gif

:biggrin:

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
what is the target goal?number of posts here?Lol..there is no goal, que sera sera..;) Enjoy the moment:laugh:

Rooting for the injured, meltdown king and mullet

Schiele i just saw this, :p who are they?Joub, Tomas and Plush respectively?
When I read this it reminded me of the good, the bad and the ugly movie!:laugh:

plushyta

On the Ice
what is the target goal?number of posts here?
I dont know :scratch: - I forgot in the meantime .... :sheesh:

... but since we have for what to look forward (just not to "lose" him ;)) - here's a reason for our "little" joy :rock:

http://www.kp.ru/online/news/587368/

The rumor about the operation which had Plushenko, turned out as mistake
In fact, a famous skater received an injection

We phoned up the wife of Evgeni's, Yana Rudkovskaya:
- "Actually, not was operation", - assured us Yana. - "Evgeni felt a pain in the knee, and he received an injection."

Alexey Mishin, commenting event, said that on the West such an injection called a "mini-operation". But the journalists, the word "mini" missed, and finally, because of this inaccuracy, harmless therapeutic manipulation "transformed" in the "operation".
MOJE_pijepivo.gif

Nadine

Record Breaker
http://news.mail.ru/sport/3155607
Plushenko is back on trainings, but he is not doing jumps.

Thanks, Ximena, I'm glad to read this. :) He mustn't overdo it, though he skates with the gods, he isn't a skate god yet! That will only happen when he passes on, which I hope is not for many many many many decades from now. And then that isn't even assured, as one must have the approval of the skate gods first. So in conclusion, he is only a mere mortal, for now. ;)

Im guessing the usual combination of nerves and risk aversion. Besides I don't think quads became a household jump (so to speak) until Elvis started landing them left and right, even in combination.
I may be wrong tho cos I was young at the time and can't remember it very well so feel free to correct me..

This is true, schiele, if it wasn't for the great Elvis Stojko, the real godfather of the quad, we wouldn't have had all those that came after (e.g. the Russians, including Evgeni of course). Everybody knew that in order to compete with Elvis, it was a must to have a quad, because it was a guarantee that Elvis would come fully loaded, complete with an arsenal of not only quads, but quad combos. (ah memories, those were the days)! Same thing applies to Evgeni & his reign of power, including nowadays, his rivals know they need at the very least one quad in order to compete with him, thus you see all the understudies trying what comes naturally for Zhenya; he needs no preparation, he can whip off a quad like that! :cool:

Thanks plushyta, good to know that it was only an injection, not major surgery, et al. But alas this is the way rumours start -- as it passes from one person to another the truth becomes less & less -- so by the time the last person receives it, it's completely blown out of proportion & is basically a lie. JMHO. :)

schiele

Final Flight
what is the target goal?number of posts here?Lol..there is no goal, que sera sera..;) Enjoy the moment:laugh:

Rooting for the injured, meltdown king and mullet

Schiele i just saw this, :p who are they?Joub, Tomas and Plush respectively?
When I read this it reminded me of the good, the bad and the ugly movie!:laugh:

Well, actually they are Joub, Lambiel (eternally injured now I guess), Tomas (of course, unless its the ladies and we talk about Kostner :laugh:) and Plush (who else can pull off a mulllet) :laugh::laugh:
The good, the bad and the ugly very much applies I think. So lets see "the Good" (Joub cos well sorry Seniorita I remember you mentioned something about sister rivallary (Plush vs Joub) but he's just so good for me.. I can also put Lambiel here cos he's the best artist.), "the Bad" (ah ah, the Godfather is only scaring himself with his current performances.. :cry:) and "the Ugly" (oiii, Plushyta and Seniorita pls dont kill me but among the four of them, it had to be Plush with the mullet and the nose.. If it was "the Cutie", it would also apply to Plush.) :biggrin:

Nadine, thx for confirming my idea of the progression of the quad.. Unfortunetely I was a very "unaware" follower back then cos I was young and I had absolutely nothing or noone around me to teach about the technicalities of the sport. Thank God for the internet..
I very much think that Plush is the Elvis Stojko of this era, he is technically pushing everyone around him. Im sure even "the ones laughing at his performances while watching on tv" must be feeling a bad tingling down their spines and a shaking feeling in their hand every time they hear his name mentioned.. (I fear even my poor little injured Brian).. :laugh:

PS: I did my morning contribution to the 2000th post..It would be nice to see some counter contribution on Jouby thread.. :):)
Hey Seniorita, maybe you can send your sister down to our Brian thread.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
So first quad was landed in 1988 but the first quad in Olys was 10 years after in 1998?How come they didnt try it in previous two?

I actually think people did attempt them but they just weren't successful with them. I think B already said that Petr Burka landed one in Albertville but it was two footed. I want to say that Elvis tried one in Lillehammer but didn't land it (though i might be wrong on that) I think a Chinese skater did land the first Olympic quad in Lillehammer.

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
Well, actually they are Joub, Lambiel (eternally injured now I guess), Tomas (of course, unless its the ladies and we talk about Kostner :laugh:) and Plush (who else can pull off a mulllet) :laugh::laugh:
The good, the bad and the ugly very much applies I think. So lets see "the Good" (Joub cos well sorry Seniorita I remember you mentioned something about sister rivallary (Plush vs Joub) but he's just so good for me..

Well havent you noticed?in the thought of Lysacek as Olympic Champion, I suddently became a Jouby rooter:biggrin: A Lambiel Plush Joub Weir and Taka podium, will be a dream one!And I have many alternative podiums as well!

My little sis got her first job:clap:, she was too excited until she realised she cant sleep a lot anymore:laugh:
I very much think that Plush is the Elvis Stojko of this era
The heritage of the mullet!:p

Pet Shop Boys in Anvers today:rock:

schiele

Final Flight
My little sis got her first job:clap:, she was too excited until she realised she cant sleep a lot anymore:laugh:
The heritage of the mullet!:p

Ahh, no more staying awake to watch live FS competitions as well, I guess.. :biggrin::biggrin: Although that may be one of the more innocent things little sisters do.. :laugh::laugh:

Wow, I actually never even realized that Stojko was also a mullet supporter until you pointed it out... More similarities than just technical, eh? :rofl::rofl:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Wow, I actually never even realized that Stojko was also a mullet supporter until you pointed it out... More similarities than just technical, eh? :rofl::rofl:

But in the recent gala he skated in that was in Germany (i think!) he was mullet-less and looked much better for it!

But i think Elvis also had comments about his nose back in the day....interesting no?!

Ant

schiele

Final Flight
But in the recent gala he skated in that was in Germany (i think!) he was mullet-less and looked much better for it!

But i think Elvis also had comments about his nose back in the day....interesting no?!

Ant

Yep, he sure had comments for the general facial features.. So it's the mullet and the nose, which makes a great quad king.. :rofl::rofl:
I guess our poor Tomas or Brian have no chance in this case.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Official site of Russian Nationals and Plushy is still listed.:love:

Thanks plushyta, good to know that it was only an injection, not major surgery, et al. But alas this is the way rumours start -- as it passes from one person to another the truth becomes less & less -- so by the time the last person receives it, it's completely blown out of proportion & is basically a lie. JMHO. :)
Still I m worried about his knee. Last time he had this annoyance and received injections-after he had attended all summer training seminars of Mishin-he went to germany for the minor problem in knees and then didnt return to ice and eventually missed last season.

Last edited:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
Yes, it's likely not a good sign that his knee is bothering him. I just hope he's lucky this time around and can recover enough to do the things he'll need to do to compete with the best.

herios

Medalist
I actually think people did attempt them but they just weren't successful with them. I think B already said that Petr Burka landed one in Albertville but it was two footed. I want to say that Elvis tried one in Lillehammer but didn't land it (though i might be wrong on that) I think a Chinese skater did land the first Olympic quad in Lillehammer.

Ant

You are wrong on that. Stojko didn't try it in Lillehammer, he landed successfully a quad in the WC in 1994 (it was a 4/3 but flipped out of the triple).

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well havent you noticed?in the thought of Lysacek as Olympic Champion, I suddently became a Jouby rooter:biggrin: A Lambiel Plush Joub Weir and Taka podium, will be a dream one!And I have many alternative podiums as well!:
Seniorita, I want to ask you a very, very serious question.....who do you want to win the gold in 2010, men's figure skating????

stevlin

On the Ice
Petr Burka?

You are wrong on that. Stojko didn't try it in Lillehammer, he landed successfully a quad in the WC in 1994 (it was a 4/3 but flipped out of the triple).

I never heard of Petr Burka but did hear of Petr Barna.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Seniorita, I want to ask you a very, very serious question.....who do you want to win the gold in 2010, men's figure skating????

Is this one of those questions that Santa Claus asks me for a wish and he promises to make it come true if i was a good girl all year long?:biggrin:Cause I was, I really was!!!e154f4e650f18aae251bb319cc9a404f.gif