Ladies' SP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
You don't get max GOE just for landing a jump. GOE is awarded for doing better than the technical standard for a jump, and it requires you to hit certain bullets. If she achieved the 3A without an UR or other issue, then, she gets the SOV for the jump. You don't get additonal GOE just for landing it, the value of the jump is the value of the jump!

magicalwords

On the Ice
Mao, finally a clean short!! Yay :) that's a very good first step!!
Yu-Na :love: Such great height and distance as always, great job!!! skating under so much pressure esp. after Mao skating clean, I'm really glad she pulled through!

S

sleepyjl

OK, now all my good thoughts are going to Joannie. Bless you, girl!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Okay with 1 more flight to go....
1) Yuna
2) Mao
3) Mirai
4) Alena
5) Elene
6) Lovely Laura

GO JoRo & Miki!

boritalee

Rinkside
Both Mao and Yuna put up a great program
They were able to skate through the pressure, landing all their jumps
It's just that Yuna has better jumps and artistry
She jumps high and wide and has the cheoreography to match up to it
I love her program and I think her score is well deserved

Plus, we still have to wait for the freeskate
I hope both can skate a clean program that night

jeanettetan

On the Ice
KYN did well but my God this short was sloooooowwww and no fire. :[

not the best this season, but she should be able to match her PB. I want both mao and yuna to enter the free skate with a virtual tie :laugh: that would be so exciting!

chiocciola

On the Ice
Mao and Yuna were not scored... the coaches were scored...it's antiRussian war((( The girl was unbelievable... I'm grieving... the gold has been given already, if not to American girl, to American coach or two consecutive golds for Japanese is too much...Mao was WAY stronger and better in everything((((((((((

Dark-Eyes

Rinkside
They showed a slow-mo of both Mao's combo and Yu Na's combo, and it looked like Yu-na's second jump was UR'd. Don't shoot me :D I don't even have a favorite between the two.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Was expecting Alena to go into third above Mirai, not that their scores aren't still very close. Those GOEs on everything really helped Mirai out. I guess the judges can lie to themselves on the PCS after the fact, but in the heat of the moment they can't help but score the GOEs correctly.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Mao, finally a clean short!! Yay :) that's a very good first step!!
Yu-Na :love: Such great height and distance as always, great job!!! skating under so much pressure esp. after Mao skating clean, I'm really glad she pulled through!

And it's what we want to see, right? Clean shorts, with the skaters putting their best on the ice, so that we can actually compare their abilities together. There's nothing worse than having a situation like in the mens, where Joubert and others crashed out in the competition, meaning that we didn't get to see the best they could do. It's more interesting to see everyone do their best, and then compare that best.

Besides, I like watching clean skates.

S

sleepyjl

God bless you Joannie. You are so brave and strong to be doing this!

magicalwords

On the Ice
Final group..
Joannie deserves standing O no matter what performance she gives. I really admire her for not giving up until the end, she is such a strong lady. Go Joannie!