Ladies' SP | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Hoping Mirai can stay in the top 10. 4th through 11th are really close. Proud of the US ladies, Mao, Yuna, Joannie! Too bad for Miki

i love to skate

Medalist
Who's hoping Joannie gets the Pimp spot on Thursday nite? I really want her to skate last! It'll be like the ending of "Ice Castles", without the whole blindness thing.

I don't....I am not sure if she would be able to keep it together for that long after the warm up.

jcoates

Medalist
I'm so proud of Joannie. I can't imagine the strength and courage it took to skate the way she did. What a moment. The crowd was with her every step of the way.

The top ladies all skated very well. I'm quite pleased with them, our US skaters especially.

Good luck Thursday to everyone. Bring it!

tripleaxle

Rinkside
Joanne is great. I hope she will win the free skate. Mao did an amazing job but under scored. Yuna's triple triple is huge but the second triple looks like not fully rotated. Her score is inflated giving her a buffer for the free skate as she does not normally skate clean.

Layfan

Record Breaker
So our final flight is....
Yuna
Mao
JoRo
Miki
Reliable Rachael
Mirai

Now NBC can be very happy that their American girls are with the big 4!

yes!!!!!!!!!!! USA USA USA!!! And I have to say I KNEW IT! I knew as soon as nationals that they would be this high.

Oh, Mirai... wonder if she is wondering what If? on the 3-3. But you know... chances are it would have been URed. And an amazing first major international comp for her.

I am so thrilled with the skating tonight. The highlight was Joannie. It's heartbreaking that she had to skate under the circumstances. I will never forget that moment.

screech

Final Flight
Those three seconds where Miki stands still drives me nuts.

Me too. The Aussie commentator was crying 'No! Don't just stand there on two feet!'

As for Jo and the pimp spot, I think that might be a bit much for her... I'd personally rather she skate first - worked well for her tonight, she won't have to deal with the reactions to the other big ones, and she can have whatever emotions take over her sooner.

mhu714

On the Ice
Miki was overscored in the PCS, which propped her up. That was a terribly choreographed program to plodding music. And Ando skated with her usual lumbering self and the horrible posture. Even Rachael should have higher PCS than Miki.

DesrtRoad, ITA. In fact besides Kostner, the next most over-rated skater is Ando. She's a great jumper but for the life of me i can never figure out her PCS scores. She has bad spins, bad spirals, no musicality. Nagasu and flatt should be higher than her in PCS for sure but i guess that most typical of judging issues always rears it's ugly head--if you've been around and have had success you'll get higher scores than young uns like the US girls.

mel66

Rinkside
congrats to yuna and mao!
they both deserve their scores.
i think mao did very well too but since yuna's 3-3 base point is higher than mao's 3a
and yuna's program definitely has more choreography, their point difference is fair.
i'm so happy about most of ladies performing so well under so much pressure.

bubbleyum

On the Ice
i am not a big fan of joannie's skating, but today she showed what she is made of mentally. she has a true athlete's spirit.
i know if i were her i would not care about the olympics or anything, i would be so emotionally shut down and unable to get out of bed even.

i hope she can create some memories on the rink these olympics to take home with her besides her mom's tragedy.