Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
It's annoying that she's still flutzing. lol

Flutzing isn't nearly as egregious as people make it out to be. I say if you're a flutzer, flutz on! Just land it cleanly, take you're deductions and keep moving. :agree:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm worried for Yuna and Mao they can't afford mistakes cause with Julia around....:think:

Me too. Actually I'm more worried for Mao. I know she beat Julia before, but I'm not sure about this happening in Sochi. Yuna goes into this as reigning World & Olympic Champion and doesn't suffer from nerves as much. And Julia seems to excel under pressure.

andyjo24

Medalist
LOL. At this rate, the scores would go off the roof in Sochi. If Mao and Yu-na go clean, I see 155+ LOL.

They should think each other first.:) Julia is still a bronze medal contender.

Lipnitskaia just got the highest season score and the second highest score in skating history.

She's definitely a gold medal contender now.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:agree:
Flutzing isn't nearly as egregious as people make it out to be. I say if you're a flutzer, flutz on! :laugh:Just land it cleanly, take you're deductions and keep moving. :agree:

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 209.72 Free Skate
2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 202.36 Free Skate
3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 191.39
4. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 178.15 Free Skate
5. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 173.37 Free Skate
6. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 165.25 Free Skate
7. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 155.71 Free Skate
8. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 151.88
9. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) - 146.45
10. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 141.82 Free Skate
11. Roberta RODEGHIERO (ITA) - 141.25

Medal Ceremony

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Flutzing isn't nearly as egregious as people make it out to be. I say if you're a flutzer, flutz on! Just land it cleanly, take you're deductions and keep moving. :agree:

Exactly. Like, seriously who cares. You get deducted, the jump is still executed cleanly and it doesn't detract from the program. I don't think most people would rather see a skater force the outside edge and make an error on the jump.

That being said, if a skater flutzes, they should certainly be called on it, and not get more than 0 (okay, perhaps a 1 if they perform the jump impeccably otherwise).

gmyers

Record Breaker
Everyone basically did really well. Even Adelina with flips and combos. But kostner had combo problems. Julia is amazing.

wallylutz

Medalist
Meite losing to Leonova because the judges gave the latter 8s in the PCS is just absolutely outrageous. God, the politics at these Euros have been really ugly.

Freezing this quote for posterior use. <<When Ziggy disagrees with a certain outcome, then the judging is atrocious and it's all due to politics. Otherwise, it's fair.>> ;)

samson

Medalist
Hmmmm a 10 for interpretation is way too high for Julia. A 10 for manipulative choreography sure.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mao88 is the best. :yay: Thank you for the links. Now I can waste the rest of my workday watching youtube.