2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

gmyers

Record Breaker
Ha all the doubters who don't understand the system. Brown is in the final group and guaranteed bronze or higher.

Tesla

Final Flight
Awesome! Two battles tomorrow night: Battle for Gold and Battle for Bronze. Man, the Battle for Bronze is going to be brutal!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think the 3.93 gap between Patrick Chan and Yuzuru Hanyu is fair. After all, Chan's landing on his 3A was sloppy; if he had landed that right then he would have been only 1-2 points behind, perhaps even less.

Chan also lacks some COP points by not backloading his program and the difficulty of 4/3 combo is not recognized by COP.

That said, I hope whoever wins gold tomorrow does not fall in the long, because the reputation of figure skating will take another nose dive if he does. Regular and non-regular observers of the sport alike always seem to forget about the lead in the short program. Case in point: yesterday's pair skating bronze.

True. The audience, even skating fans, seem to go mainly by the Free and by the most visible errors instead of total merits.

Florencito

Medalist
Oh Javier, can't believe he's finished the sp in third! He shouldn't have, I know.
Seems like they want you to medal so please skate lights out tomorrow!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Of the 10 skaters who are battling for bronze, here are some that have good enough PCS to keep them up

1. Javier 43.11
2. Dai 44.65
3. Denis 41.57
4. Tatsuki 42.50

One of these will get the bronze. There's no way the others can keep up in the LP.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Daisuke is still in it! So happy - I'm sorry I doubted! And congrats to Peter Liebers! What a night!!! Yay!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Machida really got slapped in the face for that, perhaps a bit too much all things considered.

He just isnt a spectacular skater. Not much personality and no huge speed or power on jumps. So he has to skate clean to score big, and mistakes hurt him more than others. It is why he also lost the Team Event LP to Plushenko when he made mistakes.

chloepoco

Medalist
Of the 10 skaters who are battling for bronze, here are some that have good enough PCS to keep them up

1. Javier 43.11
2. Dai 44.65
3. Denis 41.57
4. Tatsuki 42.50

One of these will get the bronze. There's no way the others can keep up in the LP.

I think Machida was a little low-balled here....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So happy for Jason to be in the final flight!!! I would have been thrilled with top ten for him; as he might say, omigosh, surreal!

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Daisuke wasn't perfect, but he did skate well and his program is so beautiful! Gold and silver are pretty much yet for Chan and Yuzu, but I want Dai to repeat bronze so much :) It was a good skate, and he made me proud :love: