2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Not counting the SP, yes, these 2 gold and silver medalists are the equivalent to 1992 Ladies. Messy performances.

Yes, both have big tricks
Patrick has that 4T-3T
Yuzuru has that 4T, and 3A-3T

Same with Midori and Kristy
3Lz-3T and 3A

All big elements from the top 2 in both events. Too bad they each make 2-3 mistakes. Let's hope in a few years people still love Yuzuru and Chan as much as they love Kristi and Midori now.

The thing is that Kristi and Midori (and Tonya) were the only one doing the big tricks.
There are many men who do Quads...

Angela V

Rinkside
I wish Plushenko had been able to skate, be his usual consistent self and win gold. It would've been a much better story than what we got, even though a lot of y'all seemed to be dreading it.

Honestly, I was highly surprised that Plushenko got the scores he did for the Team Long. I may not like his style but I respect his skating abilities. He was so SLOW. And those spins were slow. How in the world did he get such high marks?

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Ironic that Hanyu ends up being the one falling and winning and Chan hasn't fallen once this season.

To defeat Patrick Chan... one must become Patrick Chan? He's been the template for this quad and the next. He pioneered intricate multi-quad jump programs so we'll probably see a lot more flawed performances in the next quad.

Snoopy15

On the Ice
I'm fearful that the missed axel will take up a jump box and negate the Triple Loop at the end. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

tjskate

Rinkside
It looks like what Chan and Hanyu did well, they did really well (did I just sound like Scotty there? :-0) Chan had huge GOEs on his 4T/3T, score of 17.40! Hanyu got 16.29 on his 3A/3T. A shame the nerves got to them, but remember, it's not all about the jumps. And it's also about the short programs.

BlackPack

Medalist
Looks like Hanyu-Chan-D10....

I'm so happy that one of my favorites got on the podium, but so sad for Dai.

Can't stand Chan. Hanyu is overrated.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Denis Ten, 2014 bronze medalist!!! OMG I'm so proud! Btw, Frank Carroll deserves the gold medal. A big improvement from Gracie, now huge comeback from Ten. Done with life now.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
BROWN Jason (USA)

Music: Reel Around the Sun by Bill Whelan

Black velvet pants, green satin shirt, both with gold details

2A
3A+3T - twofoot on both, replay shows 3T<<
CCSp
3A - twofoot, stepout, hand down, prob <
CCoSp
StSq
3Lz+1Lo+3S - hangs on salchow, maybe <
3F+2T
A - did not get up
2A - will it count?
3Lz
ChSq
3Lo
CCoSp

Not his best, problems on both 3A and some other problems. Will his waxel take up a jump box? Could hurt him...

FS: 68.09+84.28 = 152.37, 238.37, in 9th (out of 24)

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
I'm reminded of how Plushenko withdrew from 2005 worlds in which the top skaters made mistakes. It's wishful thinking but I've wondered how a Plushenko running on fumes would have scored with some homecooking.