Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

smasma

On the Ice
Very very interesting ! Thanks for sharing

You're very welcome. I just thought that by understanding this piece of music might help us understand what is going through Yuzu's mind and what he wants to express through this SP. :biggrin:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
You're very welcome. I just thought that by understanding this piece of music might help us understand what is going through Yuzu's mind and what he wants to express through this SP. :biggrin:
But isn´t the choreographer the one selecting the music and doing the cuts?

smasma

On the Ice
Thank you for this. I've been listening to Ballade (the whole ver) and at first I was curious as to why Yuzu's cut was edited like that. I thought some parts of the piece would have been better for him and then as I've listened to it on repeat and now it's my LSS. My favorite part of Ballade had to be the first and last theme.

I think this piece of music is very powerful, especially the coda. His step sequence in the coda seems to be extremely hard. I know I'll enjoy this new SP of his no less than PW.:agree:

Didn't Yuzu said before that he likes fried foods? No more gyoza for him then, carbonated drinks needs to go to. It's good for his stomach considering how stressful his lifestyle is. I'm now curious how the heck does he gets the energy to skate when he's a small serving eater. Skating takes like more than half his daily caloric intake.

Yes, I think he said he eat whatever he wants whenever he wants before. I'm not saying that he now doesn't eat fried foods (I don't really know), but the Ajinomoto dietitian has developed a victory meal plan for him called Operation Soup Dish (Shirumono Sankusen). Yuzu's weakness is he gets sick easily, which affects his performance. He doesn't have enough stamina to complete his FP. The dietitian was surprised to learn that Yuzu can't be bothered with food. So he focus on the activation of Yuzu's digestive system by feeding him something easy to eat such as soup and nabe. Even when in Sochi, the dietitian has been preparing the so-call victory nabe meal for him everyday. On top of that, Yuzu has been drinking the Amino acid from Ajimonoto. That helps to improve his diet as well. :rock:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Yes, I think he said he eat whatever he wants whenever he wants before.

He said that back when he was 15-16 y/o in the Miyatella (or something like that) Stadium program, can´t find the video in youtube but is the one where he does his split.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I agree with you, but he can also has his input as well. Didn't he choose R&J 2.0 for himself?? :p
I think that his decision was influenced by the fact that he have so much trouble understanding /interpreting Notre Dame. He already understood R&J.

Based on what I have read from other skater the choreographer will present the music an idea for programs and them they will choose. Then they go ahead designing the program. So is more the idea as the choreographer same as when you go to the balled.

I don´t think it will come from Yuzuru to pick a piano piece, specially when he doesn´t like piano.

smasma

On the Ice
He said that back when he was 15-16 y/o in the Miyatella (or something like that) Stadium program, can´t find the video in youtube but is the one where he does his split.

Yes, I know which one you're talking about. I have that video, but I also can't find it online anymore. :scratch:

smasma

On the Ice
I think that his decision was influenced by the fact that he have so much trouble understanding /interpreting Notre Dame. He already understood R&J.

Based on what I have read from other skater the choreographer will present the music an idea for programs and them they will choose. Then they go ahead designing the program. So is more the idea as the choreographer same as when you go to the balled.

I don´t think it will come from Yuzuru to pick a piano piece, specially when he doesn´t like piano.

So that means Jeffrey Buttle wants to bring out the darkness inside of Yuzu :jaw:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
So that means Jeffrey Buttle wants to bring out the darkness inside of Yuzu :jaw:

Why not? I was thinking while reading what you post that certanly we have never seem "desper" from Yuzuru, we have seem him as a happy kid, a valient man, a romantic one, and a cool one.

He certanly must have some desper in himself, after the earthquake and when he move to Canada I think they were very dark times for Yuzuru.

smasma

On the Ice
Why not? I was thinking while reading what you post that certanly we have never seem "desper" from Yuzuru, we have seem him as a happy kid, a valient man, a romantic one, and a cool one.

That's true. Like I said before, Ballad No 1 is a very powerful piece of music. I believe his new SP is gonna be great! :popcorn:

He certanly must have some desper in himself, after the earthquake and when he move to Canada I think they were very dark times for Yuzuru.

I know those are some difficult times for him but I hope he enjoys Canada a bit more than before now. It sure feels good knowing that I can breathe the same air with him over here. :biggrin:

smasma

On the Ice
Ehm, in the long interview with Arakawa-san. It has been recently translated. It's from 2013.

Oh! You mean Friends Plus 2013?? The one he keeps on talking about headphones and Shizuka said this topic is over?? The one that Shizuka tease him by asking him if he lives in a "takai" place (height wise or expensive rental)?? :biggrin: I must have missed it cuz the interview is very long. I need to rewatch it again. Thank for letting me know! :agree:

ayarose

On the Ice
When did he say that he doesn't like piano music? I only remember him saying he likes violin music.

I saw that interview, I think he didn't really say he doesn't like piano but that he seems to prefer violin pieces. It makes me wonder who plays piano in his family because he mentioned about the piano toppling over during the earthquake in Aoi Honou.

skatefan22

Medalist
I saw that interview, I think he didn't really say he doesn't like piano but that he seems to prefer violin pieces. It makes me wonder who plays piano in his family because he mentioned about the piano toppling over during the earthquake in Aoi Honou.

Most likely his sister, I guess.:think:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Thank you to everyone who answered my questions about S personality and Azura! You guys put so much knowledge in me!:)

I personally think that Yuzuru's SP could be interpreted in different ways. Anyone who watches it chooses the way to interpret the story Yuzuru's telling. For some it would be dark and of sad memories, for the others it would be a dramatic love story (why not?). I think if it touches your soul- you have your own reason for it and it's good.

As per Plushy praising Yuzuru I think that it is obvious that Yuzuru is extremely talented skater and he is immensely good at mastering difficult jumps which has always been Plushy's main asset. I think that on the long run Yuzuru might surpass Plushy's achievements. It doesn't mean he has to take part in 5 or 6 Olys, no. But from the skating and jumping point of view Yuzu can top Plushy's results.

I think that soda drinks (and champagne) are not good for anyone who has either digestive system issues or breathing issues. So I personally try to stay away from sodas and my life is still complete.:laugh: