Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

ayarose

On the Ice
Thank you to everyone who answered my questions about S personality and Azura! You guys put so much knowledge in me!:)

I personally think that Yuzuru's SP could be interpreted in different ways. Anyone who watches it chooses the way to interpret the story Yuzuru's telling. For some it would be dark and of sad memories, for the others it would be a dramatic love story (why not?). I think if it touches your soul- you have your own reason for it and it's good.

As per Plushy praising Yuzuru I think that it is obvious that Yuzuru is extremely talented skater and he is immensely good at mastering difficult jumps which has always been Plushy's main asset. I think that on the long run Yuzuru might surpass Plushy's achievements. It doesn't mean he has to take part in 5 or 6 Olys, no. But from the skating and jumping point of view Yuzu can top Plushy's results.

I think that soda drinks (and champagne) are not good for anyone who has either digestive system issues or breathing issues. So I personally try to stay away from sodas and my life is still complete.:laugh:

ITA, i haven't really seen anyone jump with the quality Yuzu shows us. Although I liked his spins better, Yuzu's jumping when he hits it is so easy on the eyes, I could hardly see what I call a "visual thud", like that sound your head creates each time skaters land their jumps.

Soda and champagne is fine as long as it's in moderation but I often tell my patients to avoid them if they can since it promotes increase acid secretion making them at risk for ulcers.

ayarose

On the Ice
Thanks guys, this make looking for some vids or pics easier. maybe i should scan the few magazines that I have. It would have to wait though until the weekend when i'm back home. Will rip my DVD too once it arrives in a couple of weeks.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

smasma

On the Ice
Just found this on twitter. Seems legit. From Ajinomoto. Is someone can translate a little please. Page 9.

http://www.ajinomoto.com/jp/ir/pdf/136th-Tsushin-J.pdf

I've only translated the what's in the box in the middle of the page.

Yuzuru's Nutrition Method
Around the summer time of 2013, Hanyu had a small appetite and so it was difficult for him to develop muscles. He felt tired after finishing his free program in 4.5 mins. He was in a situation where it was easy for him to catch a cold. After investigating his lifestyle, I realized that his digestive system movement starts slower than regular people. (by Victory Project staff Chief Kurihara)

So the "Victory Project" is a program to create a body which will not catch a cold and can keep up with the free program of 4.5 mins. This is the start of "Yuzuru's Nutrition Method".

Firstly, we advised him to take amino acid to help him to increase his appetite, his muscle strength and improve his immunity system. And then we search for some soup and nabe dishes in which Hanyu likes, something to bring out the Umami taste and get his digestive system going. We then provide some easy to make recipes and seasonings to Hanyu's mother.

Kalina

On the Ice
I saw that interview, I think he didn't really say he doesn't like piano but that he seems to prefer violin pieces. It makes me wonder who plays piano in his family because he mentioned about the piano toppling over during the earthquake in Aoi Honou.

I think it must be his mother, since he often talks about her love for music (as opposed to his father, who was a sportsman). I did read once from a fan that she is (was?) involved in a choir, but I'm not sure how reliable this information is.

ayarose

On the Ice
I think is Akiko.

Akiko's Minnie. I meant the one in white polo shirt, i think the tag says manager?

Yuzu is so precious with the Shibutani siblings. Look like he also got Alex into Kendama :p

Or he was hooked into playing it by Alex, looked like he's not that skilled yet. Nobu said he's been into it for about a month and SOI was in April so it also makes sense.

I've only translated the what's in the box in the middle of the page.

Yuzuru's Nutrition Method
Around the summer time of 2013, Hanyu had a small appetite and so it was difficult for him to develop muscles. He felt tired after finishing his free program in 4.5 mins. He was in a situation where it was easy for him to catch a cold. After investigating his lifestyle, I realized that his digestive system movement starts slower than regular people. (by Victory Project staff Chief Kurihara)

So the "Victory Project" is a program to create a body which will not catch a cold and can keep up with the free program of 4.5 mins. This is the start of "Yuzuru's Nutrition Method".

Firstly, we advised him to take amino acid to help him to increase his appetite, his muscle strength and improve his immunity system. And then we search for some soup and nabe dishes in which Hanyu likes, something to bring out the Umami taste and get his digestive system going. We then provide some easy to make recipes and seasonings to Hanyu's mother.

This make sense since amino acids are the building blocks of protein, if Yuzu can't tolerate a high protein diet then he needs supplements. Protein plays a role in the development of the immune system and it's function. Thanks for the translation.

I think it must be his mother, since he often talks about her love for music (as opposed to his father, who was a sportsman). I did read once from a fan that she is (was?) involved in a choir, but I'm not sure how reliable this information is.

Friends+ right? They could have also taken lessons, most Japanese I knew had some degree of piano lessons. I wonder if his mom sings, Yuzu's love of music must have stemmed from his mom. Mama Hanyu sure is awesome.

Pamigena

Record Breaker