2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
My eyebrows would pop up next season as well if (hypothetically ;)) the tables were turned and not only were a DSC couple's SD music to come from the same Indian selections as Alex and Daniel's FD music, but also the same consultant(s) previously brought in through Alex and Daniel's personal connections were involved again. (I do remember that you told us that the doctor who treated Daniel's father was a catalyst for this program.)

Sorry golden411, what do you mean by what you wrote above?? I didn't quite understand and became interested. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry golden411, what do you mean by what you wrote above?? I didn't quite understand and became interested. :)

The gist is that my protective instincts would kick in for signature programs of any skaters, and all the more if they have drawn upon meaningful personal relationships when gathering a dream team to create the signature program. A/E's signature Indian FD would be an example.

Best to leave my comments there. :)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
.... and Denis Ten just announced one of the more intriguing and thoughtful choice of the season 15 minutes ago on facebook.

I was born on a Silk Road.
Silk Road, or aka Silk Route, is a historically important international trade route between China and the Mediterranean Sea which made a great contribution to the political, economic and cultural exchange between China, Central Asia, West Asia, India, Roman and Europe. It was named Silk Road because silk was the major trade product which traveled on this road.
Telling a bit more, the northern route travelled north of the Tian Shan mountains (also known as Khan Tengri in Kazakhstan) going through Turpan, Talgar (where by the way one of my training rinks is located) and my hometown Almaty. I was born and lived my whole life on a street called Zhibek Zholy which literally translates into English as "Silk Way".
And by opening this fun-fact of my biography, I've just revealed the theme and music of my long program for the upcoming season. Ingenious soundtrack performed by the legendary Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble, with musicians from all over the world including Kazakhstan and Korea. Multiethnic and "multidirectional" program will turn me into a nomad going through a lifetime adventure, discovering new world and acquiring hands-on experience.
My choreographer says that the program's character is actually me.. She thinks we have a lot in common, particularly our life stories.
Well... And I feel the same way too.
I was born on a Silk Road.

Could be a real gem. Can't wait!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
.... and Denis Ten just announced one of the more intriguing and thoughtful choice of the season 15 minutes ago on facebook.
Could be a real gem. Can't wait!!
As long as it's not Silk-road by Kitaro. I am plagued by that melody from young. The rare music piece that I hate to the core. :bang:

Alba

Record Breaker
As long as it's not Silk-road by Kitaro. I am plagued by that melody from young. The rare music piece that I hate to the core. :bang:

The key to the program I think is in this: Multiethnic and "multidirectional" program will turn me into a nomad going through a lifetime adventure, discovering new world and acquiring hands-on experience.

:think:

Meoima

Match Penalty
The key to the program I think is in this: Multiethnic and "multidirectional" program will turn me into a nomad going through a lifetime adventure, discovering new world and acquiring hands-on experience.
:think:
I've checked, it's not the Silk Road by Kitaro. Thank God! Or else I will have to turn on the mute whenever he goes out to the ice. I detest that melody!

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
He's using music by Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble. Look for "Arabian Waltz" to be in there.:cool:

Alba

Record Breaker
I've checked, it's not the Silk Road by Kitaro. Thank God! Or else I will have to turn on the mute whenever he goes out to the ice. I detest that melody!

You've checked what?

I agree about Arabian Waltz as part of it.

inskate

On the Ice
Anyone uses music with lyrics?

Off the top of my head:

Anna Pogorilaya - SP, vocal version of Adagio by Albinoni
Takahiko Kozuka - LP, Io Ci Saro by Andrea Bocelli
Ross Miner - LP, Bonanza by Andrea Boccelli
Haruka Imai - SP, Malaguena with vocals
Adelina Sotnikova - LP, Je suis malade
Satoko Miyahara - LP, "Miss Saigon" (vocals are used only as a highlight)
Mirai Nagasu - LP, "Madame Butterfly", vocal version
Victoria Helgesson - SP, "This woman’s work" by Kate Bush

Plus, IIRC, some of the 6583658376 POTOs we'll see this season will have lyrics.

I'm rather apprehensive about all the POTOs & Bocellis, and Anna P's SP makes me wish ISU didn't change the vocals rule :(
OTOH, I'm looking forward to Victoria's SP. Mirai's LP and Haruka's SP have potential, and I absolutely love Satoko's LP (especially the second part, lovely work from Tom Dickson).

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Some other programs allegedly with vocals:

Valentina Marchei - SP - Torna a Surriento
Castelli/Tran - SP - Summertime
Victoria Helgesson - FS - Sunset Boulevard - she said she changed her previous program
Fedorova/Miroshkin - SP - Feeling Good
Kaetlyn Osmond - SP - La vie en rose - if I assume well:)
Vigalova/Zakroev - FS - Phantom of the Opera
Duhamel/Radford - FS and supposedly SP - respectively rock and Un Peu Plus Haut
Artur Gachinsky - SP - Cry me a river
Davankova/Enbert - SP - Ave Maria
Max Aaron - SP - Footloose
Florent Amodio - FS - soundtracks medley (e.g. Blood Diamond and The Lion King), very little vocal :D
Joshua Farris - SP - Give me love
Proells and Blommaert consider use of vocal in their O mio bambino caro

I'm rather apprehensive about all the POTOs & Bocellis, and Anna P's SP makes me wish ISU didn't change the vocals rule :(

Anna on her own said that these programs need so much work yet and are not absolutely ready.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Torna a Surriento with vocals? OMG!

Yup, she said something like this, she's leaving her old programs as she's really busy working both as a single skater and a pair skater. She only want to add vocal to her SP.
OMG depends on what version she chose :p The one by Lesley Garrett is really interesting but I'm afraid it doesn't perfectly suit her music :(