Little tidbit on Kwan- TIC article about Starbucks quote | Golden Skate

Little tidbit on Kwan- TIC article about Starbucks quote

This is a send-up of the flap that occurred when Starbucks, as part of it's "quotes from famous people" series, featured a quote from gay author Armistead Maupin (something to the effect, my only regret is that I didn't come out sooner.)

This provoked a campaign by some conservative organizations to boycot Starbucks. In was in the news recently that Baylor University has banned the offending cups from their campus.

I have a standing order at my local Satrbucks to save me any Michelle Kwan cups that the company sends out to them, but so far -- zilch. I think the manager is keeping them for himself.

MM

Mathman said:
This is a send-up of the flap that occurred when Starbucks, as part of it's "quotes from famous people" series, featured a quote from gay author Armistead Maupin (something to the effect, my only regret is that I didn't come out sooner.)

This provoked a campaign by some conservative organizations to boycot Starbucks. In was in the news recently that Baylor University has banned the offending cups from their campus.

I have a standing order at my local Satrbucks to save me any Michelle Kwan cups that the company sends out to them, but so far -- zilch. I think the manager is keeping them for himself.

MM

Good Grief. Can you imagine now it's Gay Coffee! But if Michelle drinks it, so will I.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

MM

mm, your post always crack me up. I drink Starbucks often, but never thought ask for a cup with Kwan quotes. See, after all I'm not that Kwaniacs. I'm still in sane.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Mathman said:
This is a send-up of the flap that occurred when Starbucks, as part of it's "quotes from famous people" series, featured a quote from gay author Armistead Maupin (something to the effect, my only regret is that I didn't come out sooner.) This provoked a campaign by some conservative organizations to boycot Starbucks. It was in the news recently that Baylor University has banned the offending cups from their campus.
I've heard that to compensate for it, they now also have cups that quote the likes of Michael Medved and Dennis Prager. Oh the horrors. :scowl: