Davis and White | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Davis and White

backoutsideedge

Rinkside
And excuse me, but a 5'6" skater with lifts in his skates is not taller with better lines than a 5'9" skater who is still growing. Charlie has long legs. Scott doesn't.

Scott is 5'8" according to their official website and he has long legs. And by the way, how do you know that Charlie White is still growing? He could have finished puberty three years ago for all you know! ROTFLMAO!!!!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, but I have seen V/M skate, and Scott isn't much taller than Tessa. He may be 5'8" in his lifts, but he has a very small appearance on the ice. They both look small compared to other Senior teams, because as you said, they are both small-boned and small-framed.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Scott is 5'8" according to their official website and he has long legs. And by the way, how do you know that Charlie White is still growing? He could have finished puberty three years ago for all you know! ROTFLMAO!!!!

I don't know about that stuff anymore, bios on hight and such, Sasha's once said 5'2" (ISU site I believe) - yah right:laugh: Maybe on skates.;)

And biologically speaking, don't boys generally stop any real hight growth around 16?

Davis and White. JMO Refined and elegant for a young team. A total surprise to me how mature and refined they looked. Lovely IMO

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, no. I grew another 2 inches between 18 and 21. Some guys haven't even started a major growth spurt until they are 16 or even older.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
And biologically speaking, don't boys generally stop any real hight growth around 16?

no, that's normally teh cut off age for girls... guys seem to continue to grow until they're in their 20s... that's according to my high school health classes... which I finished... 7 years ago and I don't think it's changed that drastically in said amount of time ;)

I went to school with a guy who was about 5'6 when he started senior year... now he's just over 6 foot... and it's been 4 years since graduation (well, this may)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I stand corrected, and I guess I am a girl:laugh:

BTW, there was a ? at the end of that sentence. I was not sure. So now as I look back I do remember all the guys I was taller then, some how became taller then me by the time we hit 12th grade. Sorry, I should have thought it through before I asked a question.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some tall girls get even taller after they hit 16. I knew a few who reached their full height in college.

npa

Match Penalty
Sorry, but I have seen V/M skate, and Scott isn't much taller than Tessa. He may be 5'8" in his lifts, but he has a very small appearance on the ice. They both look small compared to other Senior teams, because as you said, they are both small-boned and small-framed.

Its interesting - did you see them in this year? I ask, because i read in internet, that some fance sad, that Tessa and Scott grow up - but i dont know is it truth..
Guys, i think you argue only because D/W are americans and V/M - canadiance. D/W lose at last JWC to Mihailova-Sergeev, and can lose to Cappelinnie-Lanotter - but they fall. We really dont know what will happened with this guys - who will grow, somebody can find new patner - all can happened in there lifes. We all can see soon - maybe at 4 CC, maybe at Worlds (if D/W take place in National team)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you see Mikhailova/Sergeev this season? They finished 10th at Skate America and 8th at Skate Canada, where they barely beat out Pratt/Gilles.

I always thought M/S's silver medal at Junior Worlds last year was a little suspicious, because they had not skated that well through the JGP (they never faced either V/M or D/W in their events) and at the JGPF (they were 4th in the JGPF, losing to D/W and Cappellini/Lanotte). They were awfully close to V/M in both the CD and the OD at Jr Worlds, but were beaten soundly by both V/M and D/W in the FD.

What some don't realize about D/W is that they lost most of the 2004-2005 season because Charlie broke his leg. That they did so well in the JGP last season, finished 2nd in the JGPF and medaled at JW was remarkable under the circumstances. I was not surprised to see them do so well this year considering how quickly they developed last season.

Last edited:

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
OK I am proud that this is the first time I can talk to you about someone we haven't seen on big international competitions but they are good...Lol, people from "who knows what" countries like me usually dont have chance to see upcoming, promising skaters before they go to worlds or europeans... But this is a couple I have seen andI can tell you, they skate very good, and also Meryl is such a nice person!

npa

Match Penalty
OK I am proud that this is the first time I can talk to you about someone we haven't seen on big international competitions but they are good...Lol, people from "who knows what" countries like me usually dont have chance to see upcoming, promising skaters before they go to worlds or europeans... But this is a couple I have seen andI can tell you, they skate very good, and also Meryl is such a nice person!

And Virtue-Moir skate very bad? You can see all young couples in internet clips.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NO ONE said V/M skate badly. This thread is about D/W, a team which hasn't had that much exposure until this year. V/M has been well known and publicized for years since their great rivalry with Matthews/Zavozin.

No one said D/W was better than V/M, just that D/W appears to be competitive with them, and that D/W was a team with great promise for the future.

Disgruntled V/M fans iinvaded the thread to belittle D/W and promote V/M as "better". Both teams are very good, so It's all a matter of taste and opinion at this point.

dwiggin3

Final Flight

Backoutsideedge - while I support your right to post here and even more to disagree, many of us on this site have moved away from sites with the kind of nasty, nitpicking that you are displaying here. You are free to have a vigorous discussion, point out the finer details of judging and skating and disagree all you want, but untill you can have an adult, calm and respectfull disagreement, take your nasty comments and disrespectfull attitude elsewhere please.

dfj

On the Ice
No one said D/W was better than V/M, just that D/W appears to be competitive with them, and that D/W was a team with great promise for the future.

At Skate Canada, Tracy Wilson was talking about these two teams being very close friends and training partners and how beneficial it is to have someone training with you that pushes you to be even better than you are. I love these two teams and it will be interesting to see how they both "grow up" in the ice dance world.

I suppose I sort of lean toward V/M (my Canadian blood showing), but I wish Scott had a bit of Charlie's wonderful personality on the ice and off (he seems to be a bit too serious at times).

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Both teams are very good, so It's all a matter of taste and opinion at this point.

ITA, and I would add to the mix a European couple newly out of Juniors, Lanotte & Cappellini. What an absolute pleasure it is to see 3 new couples on the Senior scene, skating so well, and with wonderful routines. :rock:

Not everyone has access to the internet video clips, or gets coverage of the JGP and JW on TV, so until this season, all 3 couples were only names to me, as a person who followed the sport, so I was particularly interested to see all of them skate, and none disappointed. What a thrill!! :clap:

And anyone who thought it would be a procession in Dance till 2010 - think again.

I would say that, like B&A, these couples have grown up in an era of required elements in the dances, so are best suited to cope with them. I honestly believe some of the older couples, who have been competing a long time, still experience difficulties. It really is a whole new world.

M

mylastduchess

Well Charlie is much better looking than Scott if you ask me:love: ... oh wait were talking about ice-dance! I don't think D/W will beat V/M this season but I'm sure they'll challange M/Z this year but who knows 4 years from now what will happen.

npa

Match Penalty
ITA, and I would add to the mix a European couple newly out of Juniors, Lanotte & Cappellini. What an absolute pleasure it is to see 3 new couples on the Senior scene, skating so well, and with wonderful routines. :rock: QUOTE]

Oh, yes! This teams are realle fresh in ice-dance world!:clap: