Youtube help please | Golden Skate

Youtube help please

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I am getting frustrated. I can't seem to get anything to load completely on Youtube. I have tried three or four different videos of different lengths, two today and one on Sunday, after I finally got Flash to install (and what a PITA that was). They all go to about 26 or 28 seconds and stop and won't load any more. I only have dial up. It is supposed to get up to 56K, but never goes beyond 52. High speed/cable/dsl/satelite internet is not available where I live. I live in the sticks about 15 miles from the nearest city limit. If it matters, my isp is my local electric company. I know it sucks, but there is nothing else around here. I knew that I wouldn't be able to download anything like normal people, but I figured that I could let it go and do something else and come back and it would've worked, but I can't get anything to work on that site. Does anybody have any reccomendations? Please?!?!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Don't know if this will help, I always go to the page and then hit the pause as soon as the file starts loading. Then I come back at least a few minutes latter - even though a minute is enough for most files via DSL. Then I hit play once I see ALL the the "red" load bar is full. Hope it helps but who knows.???

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Great... I have no clue then - well it might be RAM mine is 924, I am at 450 mhz and no issues, Sorry I can't help.:frown2:

Come on RedDog you are a windows user.

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I also have a question regarding You Tube. Before when viewing, I could enlarge the video to full screen on my computer. Now I have to watch it on the small You Tube screen. Did You Tube change something or is it just me?

Help anyone!!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Are you clicking on the full screen icon on the right lower? It still works for me but on a computer monitor the small screen gives much better resolution. Anyhoo, don't note anything different on YouTube.

I think youtube changed - I have same problem.

While we are on youtube - is it possible to slo-mo the vids there? How?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I think youtube changed - I have same problem.

While we are on youtube - is it possible to slo-mo the vids there? How?

I don't see the diff in going for the full screen??? Don't know.???? Still happens when I click on the same icon in the lower right hand of the player screen.

And No unless you use the "download scape" that is possible for the little 320 resolution and a wee bit of manipulating. It worked a few months ago and you can Googal to find the trick for windows. The you will need to put it in your media "manipulator."

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Are you clicking on the full screen icon on the right lower? It still works for me but on a computer monitor the small screen gives much better resolution. Anyhoo, don't note anything different on YouTube.

Yes, I tried the icon. Does not seem to work anymore. I will have to ask my computer geek husband. He usually can figure these things out.

Thanks.