American Idol - Top 24 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Top 24

mike79

On the Ice
And am I the only one who wishes they'd bring back "Bad Day" instead of that Daughtry (makes me wanna gag just typing that) "song"?

Not really. As much as I can't stand any of Chris Daughtry's Nickelback impersonations I like Daniel Powter even less.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
The only reason little Miss Antonelle is still on there is because of all the hype about her nude/sex photos all over the internet, tabloids, news, etc.. It's really sad that Americans are keeping her on there for her shock value. It is kind of demeaning to the credibility of Idol if you ask me..
Also, I'm trying to decide what was scarier this week. Sanjina, trying to look like MJ or Miss Pickler trying to look like Dolly? Since she is showcasing her new Dollyesque hair and boozems,,lol

mike79

On the Ice
She's also still there because VFTW has anointed her as the chosen one this year.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
The Vote for the Worst folks are celebrating a victory - Barbanella survived! :eek: They're talking about supporting Sanjaya as well, dag nabbit. I'm not particularly pleased, since both AJ and Leslie went home last night and I really liked them both...and Sanjaya just grates on my nerves.
Interesting elimination show, what with Alaina's meltdown and Pickler looking 40 years old. She ought to beat her stylist senseless with a frozen sal-mon. ;)
But enough of that. Melinda's the one to beat, IMHO. Her "Funny Valentine" gave me the chills. Literally.
xoxo
Rave

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Totally agree, Ravyn........Melinda's my fav for the ladies. For the guys, I love Chris Sligh's voice quality. 42

mike79

On the Ice
The good thing is that when she makes the top 12 and keeps squeaking through every week we get to look forward to her train wreck performances. It'll be like Carmen from AI2 all over again! It may break up the monotony of hearing 89 different versions of Aretha Franklin every week.

BTW, that song Kellie Pickler sang last night almost induced me into a coma it was so boring. I did like how Ryan was right upfront about the boob job. "Did you spend your money on anything?" Priceless!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
The good thing is that when she makes the top 12 and keeps squeaking through every week we get to look forward to her train wreck performances. It'll be like Carmen from AI2 all over again! It may break up the monotony of hearing 89 different versions of Aretha Franklin every week.

BTW, that song Kellie Pickler sang last night almost induced me into a coma it was so boring. I did like how Ryan was right upfront about the boob job. "Did you spend your money on anything?" Priceless!

Train wrecks can be fun!
Ah, the Pickler...how, in a song so monotone (and monotonous!), could she have screwed up so many notes? If it hadn't been so dull, it would have been cringeworthy.
And the exchange with Ryan was pretty funny. "No, just shoes!" Now that she's in Nashville, I think we can expect future upgrades to those implants, too. Look out, Miss Dolly!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Antonella still on:eek: Wow. I guess that says a lot about what is necessary to be an AI. Also how superficial guys can be. Well good news for my pocket book anyway. she stays on a couple more and it will make up for my Rachel loss. I new she would stay on for that at the very least, a little busty for my taste, but she really is a very pretty lady/girl. She is doing what on the internet? First I heard. Yah, Bernie has good taste for looks, we already knew that, but I bet Peil sings better.;)

Although I agree the 4 that went home last night should go home soon, I thought Antonella and Senjaya should've went first before Leslie and (Nick?) Pedro.

My DH was in the bathroom when Kelly Pickler came out and I hollered out loud when Ryan asked her about what she spent her money on "yeah, and a boob job, too". I taped the show and fast forwarded through her singing.

I think that Antonella is being kept on because of all the hype about her photos. It brings in viewers....it's all about ratings and the all-mighty dollar.

There are 5 ladies I like and 2 or 3 men.....and *duh* me still doesn't know all their names.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Antonella still on:eek: Wow. I guess that says a lot about what is necessary to be an AI. She is doing what on the internet? First I heard.

Sean, do a quick Google search for Antonella Barba. Go on, do it now. We'll wait.
:biggrin:
The extra sleazy pictures are most likely faked, but the bathroom shots, the all-girl conga line and the nearly nude shots at the WWII memorial are confimed to be Barbanella.
And she's still in because Vote For the Worst is going all-out to keep her there. Hopefully, that won't last for too much longer.
Happy Friday, everyone!
xoxo
Rave

Binky30

Rinkside
Hee! When SweetPickles (that's what I call Pickler) walked out, I said to Binky'sMom "Whoa, Nelly. Somebody found a way to spend their advance."

And you gotta love Ryan asking if she'd spent her money on anything. I would've fallen right off the couch if she'd said something like "Oh, just this pair of....shoes" or "Just a couple of things..." Those boobies were *so* not the ones she had during her season of AI. :rofl:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Sean, do a quick Google search for Antonella Barba. Go on, do it now. We'll wait.

That was disappointing. Funny how a girl can go from "beautiful" to "Trashy teen" in 0 to 1 second. It is not that she did something wrong as being sexy or showing some skin, but BATHROOM SHOOTS!

If your boyfriend has a camera, don't let him in the bathroom with you. Teen guys are not concerned with your dignity 90% of the time.

As the Photoshops go, maybe that will teach some of these singers you don't have to shove the mic down your throat to use a microphone!!!!! Not to mention that someone will likely replace it with something else and plaster it all over the web. Surprised that didn't happen to Chris D. What a horrible Photo manipulation anyway, I think most of you were more convinced I was really wearing the Cinderella costume for Halloween or that I was really hugging Fumie, then Antonella was performing that act on film.:laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
That was disappointing. Funny how a girl can go from "beautiful" to "Trashy teen" in 0 to 1 second. It is not that she did something wrong as being sexy or showing some skin, but BATHROOM SHOOTS!

Her thread on Vote for the Worst's website was originally titled "wiping away the competition". :laugh:

If your boyfriend has a camera, don't let him in the bathroom with you. Teen guys are not concerned with your dignity 90% of the time.

This is what we call "Words to live by", folks! I'd put it closer to 99.9995%, myself.

As the Photoshops go, maybe that will teach some of these singers you don't have to shove the mic down your throat to use a microphone!!!!!

BWAH! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I need to wipe the coffee off of my monitor.

Not to mention that someone will likely replace it with something else and plaster it all over the web. Surprised that didn't happen to Chris D. What a horrible Photo manipulation anyway, I think most of you were more convinced I was really wearing the Cinderella costume for Halloween or that I was really hugging Fumie, then Antonella was performing that act on film.:laugh:

You weren't Cinderella? You haven't really met Fumie? Oh, the disillusion. I'm crushed. :laugh:

Thanks for cracking me up!
xoxo
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like Kellie - yes still - she's doing great on the country charts so woot!

as for Antonella... she was better this week than last... she's way out of her league, but aside from some of the girls that I've mentioned before -and that most everyone agrees on- EVERYONE is out of their league this season lol

Binky30

Rinkside
Tonight's episode was clearly sponsored by Hoover...because it sucked. ;)

Everyone was boring, wrong songs all around, and Chris R ruined my favorite song.

There's really nothing else to say, except that Brandon's going to lose his spot in the top 12 to Sanjaya, and that's SO wrong.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It is getting tought to watch this season because no one stands out with both voice and pesonality. I mean shouldn't an "idol" be more than a voice?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
American Idol - BORING

Is it me or is AI extremeley b-o-r-i-n-g this season? None of the fellows stand out & I don't think any of the gals are that special. Also Simon seems more annoying than usual and is fighting with Randy and Paula. I think Simon is bored with the AI gig. Maybe he needs a change?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lad you keep saying Simon's bored, IIRC you said it last year...

If he's bored then he wouldn't sign on anymore... it makes money, so I'm guessing that's all the excitement the man needs (a biography type interview he did a while back pretty much stated as much)

People Magazine picked its top three in the current issue and I totally agreed with it, of all of the singers Blake, Lakisha, and Melinda are the only ones that have enough quality to their voices to stand out... Blake is the only guy I can stand to listen to week after week.

I'd love to see Blake and Melinda in the top two this May...

everyone else could go home, today, and I wouldn't care... this is possibly the weekest group since the first season (which I feel is highly overrated now that I get to watch it on Idol rewind)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
People Magazine picked its top three in the current issue and I totally agreed with it, of all of the singers Blake, Lakisha, and Melinda are the only ones that have enough quality to their voices to stand out... Blake is the only guy I can stand to listen to week after week.
The only thing I think about Blake is can he sing anything else?? I think Chris Sligh has a really great voice.

Dee

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I still like the originality of Blake.. Plus, he is soooo cute! lol I do see him, Melinda and Lakesha going far.. Also, Chris Sly is growing on me. I really like his personality..