2024 JGP Osaka Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2024 JGP Osaka Rhythm Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Xuantong LI / Xinkang WANG CHN - She has some fierce braids. They are both very expressive and have a bold presence. Twizzles not their friends today. Decent on the key points with this panel

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
80's futurism is definitely a huge part of the 80's though... I would definitely enjoy more sci-fi themes in the RD.

Oh, definitely. I would love it too. I have been watching a lot of 80's sci-fi series in the past few years.

I just didn't think it was allowed under the wording of the rules.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I thought the record was being played at 33 instead of 78 during "Dirty Diana". It just didn't sound right slowed down. But, thankfully, "Thriller" was played at the correct speed. (I would have rioted if it had been slowed down!)

Again, like their compatriots earlier, not really weird enough for a French Ice Dance partnership.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Scorpions part 2
Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX FRA - gotta love their strong technical skills. Giving us a crisp perfomance that somehow reminds me a bit of Charlene & Marco.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
On this occasion, I am not going to complain about Jinny and Namu wearing all black. Because I love these costumes!

Instead I am going to complain about the song combination. The second song just did not fit with the first song, or the whole theme of the programme.

But, I loved them anyway!

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOV ISR - Oh Yeah my racing Israelis. Lots of key point goodness here. They seem a bit slow but have very nice presentation. I do like this program a lot.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
snow queen by within temptation in the background 🥲 thank you dj for this throwback

zebobes

Final Flight
Man, I'm going to do terrible at Dance predictions this week. I thought that it would be easier to predict now that I've seen so many teams now... but there were a lot of surprises so far.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I'll just say one thing - At least one federation should be taking a really good look in the mirror and asking themselves for what reason they decided to send their strongest JGPF qualifying contenders here, because it is certainly not looking good.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sara KISHIMOTO / Atsuhiko TAMURA JPN skate to Mr Roboto. Need some work on the key points and cleanliness. What a fun skate. I'm sure they were thrilled to find this song with some Japanese words in it.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eva BERNARD / Amedeo BONETTO FRA second french team skate to Dirty Diana and Thriller. I have always disliked this first song and this is not changing my mind. Somehow I am perplexed as to how these steps go to the Thriller music, but somehow it does not work at all for me. They were not in sync in a lot of places. I wanted to like this, but sadly do not.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jinny KIM / Namu LEE KOR - All she does is love to dance with great expression. Him too! They are such cuties. I can't wait for their skating to develop more speed and steadiness. Very fun couple but a bit slow.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I should've put the Mullens higher in my predictions...

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I'll just say one thing - At least one federation should be taking a really good look in the mirror and asking themselves for what reason they decided to send their strongest JGPF qualifying contenders here, because it is certainly not looking good.
Obviously they didn't predict Tkachenko/Kiliakov. They could have sent them to Budapest where only Pedersen/Chen are from the top teams and where they could either win or come second or to Armenia where they could be second after Tkachenko/Kiliakov, though.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love seeing how much some of the teams have improved in such a short time. It messes with my predictions, but I am happy for the skaters.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Obviously they didn't predict Tkachenko/Kiliakov. They could have sent them to Budapest where only Pedersen/Chen are from the top teams and where they could either win or come second or to Armenia where they could be second after Tkachenko/Kiliakov, though.
But even without T/K, one of the previous silver medalists would have had to settle for a bronze at best anyway, and while it's definitely a possibility that this season there will be teams with silver+bronze in the final because of the very uneven depth of fields across the JGPs, that's more often than not not the case in Ice Dance in particular (last season was the first time since 2015/16 that it actually happened).