So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching?? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching??

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yep, I knew Sabra would be picked. I wonder how much "tweaking" was done to get her the number one spot. We all knew that they wanted a girl this time, but Lacey seemed to have a bigger fan base. Danny was my fav of the top four, but he seemed happy with the end results. He's an amazing dancer. I'm disappointed that the tour isn't coming to Fresno again this year........42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh Darn - Lacey Got Eliminated!

I was sure Lacey was going to win, but then I thought since her brother won last season they likely would not award it to her; she did not seem surprised when they told her the news. Oh well, she is a great dancer. It was nice to see Benji at the end. I thought they might have him dancing at the end.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Cat's Dress!!!! Eww............

So who picked out that unfortunate frock that Cat wore in the final program? For one thing, she is too tall for a short dress and it looked absolutely silly on her. What was it trying to be? A sort of tutu? She looked awful. What horrible taste. Whoever designed that get up knows nothing about fashion.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
So who picked out that unfortunate frock that Cat wore in the final program? For one thing, she is too tall for a short dress and it looked absolutely silly on her. What was it trying to be? A sort of tutu? She looked awful. What horrible taste. Whoever designed that get up knows nothing about fashion.

ITA! But you have to admit she looked radiant and glowy. It was a great color for her - but the dress itself was just awful.
This was the first season I'd watched the show, and while I loved watching the dancing, and I'm still cleaning the Pasha-inspired drool off of my recliner, I have to say I found certain aspects of this show to be really annoying.
Mary and her hot tamale train. Talk about beating a comment into the ground! Not to mention the screaming. I thought it was really funny when she went on The Soup and screeched the headlines a couple weeks ago, but not for every freaking dancer. Cat and her "jidges". It was cute the first time. But only the first time!
Next season I may have to watch with the sound turned off and just enjoy the dancing. I'm happy for Sabra, and really enjoyed seeing so much Pasha in the final. :love:
xoxo
Rave

dizzydi7

On the Ice
so you think you can dance - anyone watching?

I'm shocked that Danny and Sabra were the last standing. In my opinion, that's exactly how it should be. I'm happy that Sabra won and would feel the same about Danny.

My fear was that Neil would win due to his huge female following. Personally, I don't think he belonged among the last four. Pasha should have been in Neil's place.

Getting back to Sabra. She showed such great versatility. Of all the dancers, she did every dance well and always with style and passion. Although the other dancers had special moments on stage, Sabra seemed the most consistent.

Danny is just a beautiful, graceful, wonderful dancer. He is my favorite among the men.

Dizzy

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I have to admit, I cast a lot of votes for Lacey Wed. night. Her jive was marvelous, not slow at all. She's got just the right bounce for that dance. I agree that Pasha and not Neil should have been in the final four, but personality wise, I can see why Neil was a fan favorite.....42

merrywidow

Record Breaker

I thought she looked like an ostrich in that dress. She should save it for Hallowe'en.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I had told myself that I would be happy with either Danny or Sabra but I really wanted Danny. It's ok. That dress wasn't only hideous, it was so ugly. I have no problem with the color. All that net stuff was awful. Sure going to miss the show. I think I liked this one even better than Dancing with the Stars. I love them all.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Loved the Jib Jab number. Jib Jab rules all lol

as for who won... eh. She was my least favorite of the four. I still just don't get her. But it amazes me that she's as good as she is for only dancing 4 years!

I thought this finale was extremely predicatble. No suspense at all. But then I wasn't really all that connected to just one dancer ala last year with Benji.

As for Mary - can she please just go already, not only does her yelling/screaming grate on my nerves so does that overly loud and annoying laugh she has. She annoys me to no end, and is a real turn off for me on teh show.

*Sigh* on to American Band, I guess lol

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
as for who won... eh. She was my least favorite of the four. I still just don't get her. But it amazes me that she's as good as she is for only dancing 4 years!
Toni, I think that was the point...as Cat said many of the dancers have been dancing since they were children.

Dee

Ladskater

Record Breaker
ITA! But you have to admit she looked radiant and glowy. It was a great color for her - but the dress itself was just awful.
This was the first season I'd watched the show, and while I loved watching the dancing, and I'm still cleaning the Pasha-inspired drool off of my recliner, I have to say I found certain aspects of this show to be really annoying.
Mary and her hot tamale train. Talk about beating a comment into the ground! Not to mention the screaming. I thought it was really funny when she went on The Soup and screeched the headlines a couple weeks ago, but not for every freaking dancer. Cat and her "jidges". It was cute the first time. But only the first time!
Next season I may have to watch with the sound turned off and just enjoy the dancing. I'm happy for Sabra, and really enjoyed seeing so much Pasha in the final. :love:
xoxo
Rave

Well put!!! I totally agree with your comments. Mary put my teeth on edge more than once season one and two. I did not watch much of it last time, but saw it in plenty of reruns. Yes, Mary can certainly yell. Cat's accent can be annoying as well.

I was torn between Pasha and Neil. I thought they were both excellent dancers and great partners. Could you imagine them on the ice? I kept picturing them as ice dancers. In fact, Neil rather reminded me of Jeff Buttle. Just the way he moves so smoothly. Oh well, let's hope we see them again someday.

I thought the show in general was better this season. Although, I really liked Benji last season. The choreography for all the dancers was better this time. There was more variety.

I don't know if I will tune in again if there is another show, but will wait and see. There are too many of these shows on now.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Lad, you have got to be kidding!!!!, Right???

Why??? It wasn't his night.

Dee

I thought Lacy would be a strong contender as she is a great dancer just like Benji. Also, on shows like Amercian Idol and Canadian Idol the previous years winner sometimes makes an appearance. I thought maybe Benji might be featured at the end as a special guest star - they did show him in the audience as he did choreograph a number. It would have been great for both Lacy and Benji to win back to back competitions.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure America decided before the final 4 show.

Sabra was not that strong during the final 4 show IMO. I thought the cha-cha was ok. From an overall perspective, she deserved (as did they all, except for perhaps Neil) to be in the top 4.

As for the Foxes routine, I enjoyed it, but can certainly understand why a lot of people would not.

In some ways, Lacey was at a disadvantage. Benji really had a charm and charisma that is lacking in Lacey. While she is a better dancer than Benji, she failed in comparison at that level. I also think that her taking breaks from dancing might have lost her a few votes, too, for not wanting it enough.

I agree that I found Pasha more appealing than Neil, but Neil got the teeny bopper vote.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think where Lacey and Benji differ so much was the fact that he loves dance with his whole being. Lacey said herself that's just not her, and I think her honesty showed in her dancing as well - which cost her votes.

She's technically very good, but I think passion drives a lot of people's votes.