9 Jeremie COLOT FRA
149.47 11 8
10 Song GAO CHN
146.19 10 9

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YES! Patrick into the lead!! It would be so wonderful if he could win this! :bow::clap::rock:

Well considering they haven't changed the rules even after other skaters get that score or higher without a 3ax or a quad, I don't think they'll do it now. Besides it does seem like isolated case (which as explained was due injury). I'm guessing Voronov was not expecting a high placement knowing what he couldn't do.
If it's isolated, there is hanky panky. If there is injury, so what? I've never read a regulation that excuses technical because of injury.

Joe

dlmusic

Rinkside
2 major mistakes from Alban so far (popped jump and fall on jump) I think Patrick has won this competition.

shanm

Rinkside
Alban PREAUBERT

4toe- 2footed
3flip- weird fallout
3axel - 2footed
3axel2toe2loop
3lutz
3flip3toe
3sal2toe
popped loop
I don't know what to say. It was kinda sloppy.

dlmusic

Rinkside
At this point I wouldn't mind if Alban wasn't on the podium, but I expect he'll be third at worst.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It sounds like Patrick will win for sure. Preaubert is not good enough to get a score like that with multiple major mistakes.

Ximena

Final Flight
If it's isolated, there is hanky panky. If there is injury, so what? I've never read a regulation that excuses technical because of injury.

Joe

I mean that if it was not an isolated case, meaning that all skaters just did this, then the ISU would have to change the rules so skaters won't get huge marks without two jumps.

sisinka

Medalist

Joe

What are you speaking about, Joe? Sergei's technic is great. It is strange to show performance without flip and lutz but the new judging system allows this. If he was able to get such a high score with jumps having lowest base value (3toeloop - 4 points only, 3salchow - 4.5 point....on the contrary 3lutz has 6 points and 3flip 5.5 points), it means he executed it in a great quality.

On the other hand - Sasha Cohen was winning medals having poor jumps sometimes because she did a perfect spiral sequence where she showed her great flexibility....new system allows this.

Ximena

Final Flight
Don't ask me why Alban's PC scores are so high. I can't figure it out.
That's easy, this event was in France, home guys get extra PCS for just that ;)
And Voronov got silver! And Chan won, I could not be more happier. Well I would have if Tomas had skated better, there's something really weird, maybe he is injured?

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Well considering they haven't changed the rules even after other skaters get that score or higher without a 3ax or a quad, I don't think they'll do it now. Besides it does seem like isolated case (which as explained was due injury). I'm guessing Voronov was not expecting a high placement knowing what he couldn't do.

A very good point, Ximena--I was going to post something like that. :)