3 axel - stepped out
3axel2toe - hands down on axel ugly 2 toe
3 lutz
3sal2toe
3toe-eh
3loop
2 axel
SL ftwrk -slow
Towards the end of the program he looked as if he couldn't wait for the music to end

TES:58.91
PCS:56.00

dlmusic

Rinkside
Sergei Voronov
Powerful skating. Clean and strong, really puts the pressure on the remaining skaters. IMO one of the best free skates so far this season.

shanm

Rinkside
Sergei Voronov
3toe- think it was a planned quad
3 axel
3sal
3axel2toe
3loop
2axel2toe
2axel
3toe2toe2loop
Too many axels and toes
TES:71.71
PCS:68.50

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sergei Voronov
3toe- think it was a planned quad
3 axel
3sal
3axel2toe
3loop
2axel2toe
2axel
3toe2toe2loop
Too many axels and toes
TES:71.71
PCS:68.50

Is he the Mao Asada of the men? Where is his Lutz and flip? There really should be a penalty for lack of balance in a program.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Sergei is not able to do a quad, lutz and flip due to his injury. I'm thrilled to see a HUGE score, taking that into consideration!
Good job, Sergei!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Sergei is not able to do a quad, lutz and flip due to his injury. I'm thrilled to see a HUGE score, taking that into consideration!
Good job, Sergei!

Something needs to be done about jump rules to force more variety. A man should never get a score that big without any of a quad, triple lutz, or triple flip, although I am happy he did well.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good job, Sergei!

Sorry, I didn't realize he is injured. :( Hope he fully recovers soon! It's good that he had a clean skate considering. :yes:

dlmusic

Rinkside
Kevin Van De Parren
Fantastic until a fall on a jump toward the end of the program. Quite slow on the footwork and inbetween elements. Should be good enough for second place.

Ximena

Final Flight
Oh Sergei!! :rock: I though for sure he was wihdrawing this event and then he did such a great SP and now this! You are one tough cookie. I did notice the lack of lutz and flips in the SP which had got to be due the injury.
So so happy for him.

Sergei is going to medal!!! :clap:

shanm

Rinkside
Kevin Van Der Perren
3flip
3axel
2axel
3flip3toe
3sal3toe
3lutz - fall
3loop
cicular ftwrk - difficult but slow
2axel
He's had better days
TES:70.95
PCS:64.20
2nd place

dlmusic

Rinkside
Patrick put in an awesome skate but fell on the combination spin at the end. Wierd mistake. I think there is a good chance he will still be in first though, the skate was amazing. Good speed, great in-between elements.

Ximena

Final Flight
Something needs to be done about jump rules to force more variety. A man should never get a score that big without any of a quad, triple lutz, or triple flip, although I am happy he did well.
Well considering they haven't changed the rules even after other skaters get that score or higher without a 3ax or a quad, I don't think they'll do it now. Besides it does seem like isolated case (which as explained was due injury). I'm guessing Voronov was not expecting a high placement knowing what he couldn't do.