Junior Dance-OD and Junior Ladies | Golden Skate

Junior Dance-OD and Junior Ladies

Tuesday I go to see Jr. orig Dance, and when watching the warm up, I found it difficult to take my eyes of Hubbel and Hubbel. They are at the moment Senior material. They did a Swiss folk dance and dispite hitting a rut on the ice and the ensuing fall, they still looked the best. USFS Skate Dance is on an upward trend. Others who spiked my interest were: Gilles/MKeernan; Pennington/Skilington; Richardson/Coulter; the Canusccios and their partners and Chock/Zuerlein and Rockne's kid brother and his partner.

Most surprising was the team of Shibutamis who looked so out of place in the warm up and then had a standing ovation at the end of their competitive dance.

TheJunior Ladies came on next and there was little excitement till Amanda Dobbs took to the ice. She skated beyond expectation and actually set the barre for the rest of the evening. Gilles toppled Maxwell; the former was skating rather carefully, but correctly, and the latter had trouble controlling her speed. Good performances were had by Rizo, Musademba, Rochohn, and Ruan.

Interest Rohene Ward's student, Kirsten Olso did extremely well and got an ovation, but was, imo, undermarked. Rohene was a very proud coach in the Kiss and Cry.

Joe

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Yeah, I have to agree with you Joe. I really think that the Hubbells are in a class of their own and should take this dance title with ease

rosee

On the Ice
I agree with you Madison & Keiffer are in a class of their own and I'm hoping for a medal at Junior worlds, at least top 5. Lack of training and competing at JGP could hurt them though
Their FD is brillant :clap: