turtle

On the Ice

Medusa

Record Breaker
MEN
1. Takahiko KOZUKA JPN
2. Evan LYSACEK USA
3. Johnny WEIR USA
It would be the fourth year in a row that Lysacek gets second place behind a Japanese guy who is about half his size, this tradition is too precious to be broken (2005 Takahashi, 2006 Oda, 2007 Takahashi - 2008 Kozuka?!?). Plus, I expect great things from Kozuka and he can start right at Skate America with those great things. I hope he is well prepared especially since he will have to fight for his place on the World team against Takahito Mura.

But Kozuka is not some strange schadenfreude-motivated choice (well, perhaps a tiny bit schadenfreude-motivated), I really think that Kozuka can win this. His triple Axel is quite solid (moreso than Chan's or Rippon's - wait, I have never seen Rippon doing a 3A), his basics are just to die for and he has character on ice.

I am currently cheering for myself! :clap::clap::clap: I made that prediction 10 days ago. Agreed, Johnny got second and Evan third - but who is counting? I predicted Kozuka to win. :laugh:

ks777

Record Breaker
I am currently cheering for myself! :clap::clap::clap: I made that prediction 10 days ago. Agreed, Johnny got second and Evan third - but who is counting? I predicted Kozuka to win. :laugh:

you are probably the only one to predict Kozuka to win. I never thought Kozuka would win because Evan and Johnny are both world medalists.