Predictions

lcd

Match Penalty
Men
1. Johnny Weir 76.89 sp; 146.23 lp; 223.12
2. Evan Lysacek 78.64 sp; 144.00 lp; 222.64
3. Takahiko Kozuka 71.33 sp; 132.78 lp; 204.11[/QUOTE]

Terrific. I love an empiricist.

I did the same, but came out with Johnny and Evan once again coming to the same total by a hundredth of a point... guess who wins in the tie breaker THIS time... ;)

Medusa

Record Breaker
I bet you all change your minds on predictions after you see the results of SA.

^:rofl:

I think it's just fun. It would be a boring sport if we really could predict the actual outcome of the competitions.

tilak

On the Ice
Men
1. Johnny WEIR
2. Evan LYSACEK
3. Adam RIPPON
4. Takahiko KOZUKA
5. Shawn SAWYER

Ladies
1. Yu-Na KIM
2. Yukari NAKANO
3. Miki ANDO
4. Mirai NAGASU
5. Kimmie MEISSNER

Pairs
1. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY
2. Keauna McLAUGHLIN / Rockne BRUBAKER
3. Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV
4. Meagan DUHAMEL / Craig BUNTIN
5. Rena INOUE / John BALDWIN

Dance
1. Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER
2. Sinead KERR / John KERR
3. Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO
4. Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES
5. Jane SUMMERSETT / Todd GILLES

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Pairs:
1)Savchenho/Szokolwy
2)Mukhortova/Trankov
3)McLaughlin/Brubaker

Ice Dance:
1)Delobel/Schoenfelder
2)Belbin/Agosto
3)Kerr/Kerr

Men:
1)Weir
2)Lysacek
3)Kozuka

Ladies:
1)Miki Ando
2)Kim Yu-Na
2)Yukari Nakano

yuriyuri

Rinkside
Men
1 Johnny Weir
2 Evan Lysacek
3 Takahiko Kozuka

Ladies
1 Miki Ando
2 Yu-Na KIM
3 Kimmie Meissner

kandidy

Final Flight
Wow, you guys can predict until the exact number!

How about guessing each GOE elements from jumping to spiral and seq., spins?:biggrin::biggrin:

ChrisH

On the Ice
I bet you all change your minds on predictions after you see the results of SA.
Isn't that a prediction? At the least, the predictions are a poll. And sometimes they offer information in addition to their predictions. It's apparent from the predictions that Miki Ando has convinced a lot fans that she has physically and mentally recovered.

I'm a little envious of those making predictions in other events besides ladies singles. As for those making predictions about the ladies, other than predicting Yu-Na to win, most of the prognosticators must enjoy being wrong. ;)

rosee

On the Ice

After seein Kimmie's program sheet, I think she's out of the medals.

I don't really know a lot of things about Ladies. Could you explain? The planned program looks fine to me.
From the sheet, I see that Mirai doesn't plan any Triple-Triple, that's weird.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In her SP, Kimmie is leading off with a 3Z+3T combo, which has been repeatedly downgraded in the past. At practices, observers felt that she was double-footing the first jump and underrotating the second, so posters are concluding that she is toast.

rosee

On the Ice
In her SP, Kimmie is leading off with a 3Z+3T combo, which has been repeatedly downgraded in the past. At practices, observers felt that she was double-footing the first jump and underrotating the second, so posters are concluding that she is toast.

Ok, thanks :) ! Kimmie doesn't Flutz right? But she does Lip from what I've read on this thread.

ks777

Record Breaker
Men

1. Johnny Weir SP 78.56 FP 141.25 219.81
2. Evan SP 80.33 FP 135.47 215.80
3. Kozuka SP 73.69 FP 140.69 214.38

Ladies

1. Yuna Kim SP 67.69 FP 118.19 185.88
2. Miki Ando SP 64.33 FP 120.54 184.87
3. Mirai Nagasu SP 58.44 FP 119.28 177.72
4. Rachel Flatt SP 65.78 FP 108.99 174.77
5. Kimmie SP 57.46 FP 110.78 168.24
6. Yukari NakanoSP 56.98 FP 110.69 167.67

Yukari isn't in good shape right now so I don't expect her to do well here.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Johnny
Evan
Rippon

YuNa
Nakano
Flatt/Ando/Meissner/Mirai

Keanue/Rockne
Alion/Robin
Inoue/Baldwin

B/A
Kerr/Kerr
D/S

McWicked

On the Ice
I don't really know a lot of things about Ladies. Could you explain? The planned program looks fine to me.

Well, for the SP Kimmie's like in the same league as the top contenders, but in the FP, there's a certain tiny disavantage, she only has one triple-triple (3lutz + 3toe) and then she's got a 3flip + 2toe. Then the usual of her. Rachel has 2 triple-triple a 3flip + 3loop (a lot of points) and a 3flip + 3toe. And Im pretty sure Rachel will land them, she's been very consistent with her jumps. Miki has a triple a triple too and also a quad (she's lost some pounds, i think she will do it) Yuna doesnt have 2 triple-triples, only one, yet she always gets positive GOES for them, coz they're like textbook, plus she's got all these cool spins and more.

fiercemao

Match Penalty

Mirai is still adjusting to her new height, her jumps are not as solid as before, so no triple+triple, I guess.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081024&content_id=53817&vkey=ice_news

Mirai Nagasu is growing, as both a skater and in terms of height. The U.S. champion is now 5'1" or 5'2," depending on who you ask.

"I know I made it past five feet," Nagasu, 15, said. "That was a big deal. I'm glad about it, even though it's harder for my jumps. I feel like I'm just getting used to [my new height] today.

"Over the summer, I had a lot of trouble with my jumps. Now I have the feeling of the old me back."

Isn't that a prediction? At the least, the predictions are a poll. And sometimes they offer information in addition to their predictions. It's apparent from the predictions that Miki Ando has convinced a lot fans that she has physically and mentally recovered.

I'm a little envious of those making predictions in other events besides ladies singles. As for those making predictions about the ladies, other than predicting Yu-Na to win, most of the prognosticators must enjoy being wrong. ;)
Good post Chris H, but doesn't that explain that there really isn't any prediction on this 'poll'?, but a wish for some Ladies to be on the podium.

I predict you will predict much more precisely after the GPs, Euros and 4CCs are over.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Ladies
1st or 2nd. Yuna
2nd.-6th. Rachel, Kimmie, Mirai, Miki, or Yukari (whoever that lands the jumps at the competition would place higher)

Ladies are so unpredictable.

I am really, really impressed by Kimmie's improvements in her practice videos! She's so much different now. Her jumps are more solid; her music choices are more mature; and she has much better interpretations with more graceful arms. I also liked her yellow dress that she was wearing in her practice. It gave her a different impression. I am absolutely happy for her.

All the other ladies also seem great. Rachel seems to have very solid jumps.

In terms of the programs that I have had chances to see the videos, I am most impressed by Mirai's and Yuna's. Mirai has very interesting pieces of music and I was very excited to watch both of her programs. She has very complicated, entertaining choreos that are very charming on her. Yuna has perfect pieces of music this year. Mature, strong, and dramatic. I really love the choreos, too. I also liked Rachel's SP very much. Although her music may not be most exciting, she has extremely beautiful lines and interprets the music very well.

Men
1-3. Johnny/Kozuka/Evan
Johnny looks good this time; but he might not win if he fails in his quad. Although Kozuka looked extremely good in SP, I feel that he might have some nerves under pressures. Evan's so unpredictable. Depends on the day.
I'll just wait and see.

szidon

On the Ice
impressed by Kimmie

Ladies
1st or 2nd. Yuna
2nd.-6th. Rachel, Kimmie, Mirai, Miki, or Yukari (whoever that lands the jumps at the competition would place higher)

Ladies are so unpredictable.

I am really, really impressed by Kimmie's improvements in her practice videos! She's so much different now. Her jumps are more solid; her music choices are more mature; and she has much better interpretations with more graceful arms. I also liked her yellow dress that she was wearing in her practice. It gave her a different impression. I am absolutely happy for her.

All the other ladies also seem great. Rachel seems to have very solid jumps.

In terms of the programs that I have had chances to see the videos, I am most impressed by Mirai's and Yuna's. Mirai has very interesting pieces of music and I was very excited to watch both of her programs. She has very complicated, entertaining choreos that are very charming on her. Yuna has perfect pieces of music this year. Mature, strong, and dramatic. I really love the choreos, too. I also liked Rachel's SP very much. Although her music may not be most exciting, she has extremely beautiful lines and interprets the music very well.

Men
1-3. Johnny/Kozuka/Evan
Johnny looks good this time; but he might not win if he fails in his quad. Although Kozuka looked extremely good in SP, I feel that he might have some nerves under pressures. Evan's so unpredictable. Depends on the day.
I'll just wait and see.

I agree. Kimmie's arm movements and the way she feels the music are quite improved. :clap:

As for men, just want to see the best performance of every skater.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Well, for the SP Kimmie's like in the same league as the top contenders, but in the FP, there's a certain tiny disavantage, she only has one triple-triple (3lutz + 3toe) and then she's got a 3flip + 2toe. Then the usual of her. Rachel has 2 triple-triple a 3flip + 3loop (a lot of points) and a 3flip + 3toe. And Im pretty sure Rachel will land them, she's been very consistent with her jumps. Miki has a triple a triple too and also a quad (she's lost some pounds, i think she will do it) Yuna doesnt have 2 triple-triples, only one, yet she always gets positive GOES for them, coz they're like textbook, plus she's got all these cool spins and more.

Yu-na has a double axel/triple toe. Since a double axel is required, that combinition allows her to throw in another double axel elsewhere.. She can do a triple lutz/triple toe, but since her base value won't change she just sticks with the double axel/triple toe.