Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

london_calling

On the Ice
Guess they weren't able to fix the sound problems for the On Demand video which is a little irritating. Hopefully some european videos will show up on YouTube

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Am I the ONLY ONE who loves S&S' short program. They did skate poorly last night, much worse than Nebourn Thorn. But I do believe it's a brilliant program. :laugh:

:laugh: No you are not the only one as I love it too:agree:

My general thoughts:

Wow, Im sorry sooo many people had problems with icenetwork :frown:, it seemed to work fine for us, BUT then again we only watched it when universal sport went to commercial. They had the same video feed, but universal sport was a clearer picture and NO commentary:rock: but when the commercial came I raced to turn up the volume on the computer to see what was going on.

Caitlin Yankowskas and John Coughlin: she came from Novice to Sr Pairs? well good for her:clap: my boyfriend and I thought she looked very put together, she also has a Julia Obertas look about her. Shame they had the mistake. I hope they skate clean in the LP.

Duhamel and Craig Buntin: they had some errors peppered in but we enjoyed their performance and laughed when they came off the ice and she said,"I just kept thinking dont fall, dont fall". I wasnt too keen on her dress it looked like she had 2 huge spiders on the front of it.:laugh:

Yue Zhang / Lei Wang: My heart went out to her as she was splayed on the ice. Im suprised she had her breath back intime for the throw..which she landed, good for her. I hope they do better tonight.

Rena Inoue and John Baldwin: Rena looked worn out/stressed during the warm up. I couldnt stand John's outfit. My boyfriend asked me if he got plugs since his hair looked fuller. Im assuming it was the haircut. He doubled his jump(again, ugh). Their connecting moves seem much better than last year, their SBS spins were great as always, I held my breath for Rena and ached for her as I saw her being flung to the ice. Poor thing, her body must take a beating. They were the 1st couple of the night to stop on time with the music, why isnt everyone else doing that??

Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker: They did really good minus the fall on the throw :frown: I was hoping for a clean program from them. They had such fire and speed throughout the program. She seemed more made up than he did, but great job overall:rock: I look forward to seeing the program again :clap:

Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov: what can I say? they did a great job. I cant stand her dress though, it looks like she forgot to put something over her leotard:p gurl..next time dont forget your dress!!:laugh: I loved the position in thier lift:clap: I was quite impressed with them.

Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy :love: : I loved their program, it was the most entertaining program by far. More like an exhibition than a competition for them. I like the music and her outfit. Ive actually been to raves where people have been dressed like her:yes: Robin's purple outfit is something else but it works for me. Im sad he doubled his jump and they were far apart in their sbs spins, but the rest of the program was very enjoyable. I love that they go out of the box and dont do the same old stuff. I wish them the best of luck in the LP.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think the couples are missing the end note of the programs becasue these are all new programs, the first time skated in a major event. Getting the timing just right comes with practice. and practice...and practice. you get it.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
sad thing is we see couples do this at Worlds as well(single skaters as well) and that is the end of the season. Of course Skate America is at the beginning of the season and thats excuseable HOWEVER it gets old after awhile. I think its just a pet peeve of my boyfriend and mine.
Its like...Suprise your program is over!! :p:laugh:

alekzu

Rinkside
Just watched S/S SP on youtube. I actually liked it. I've always had something against them (I litterally hated their program last year, especially their LP) but this program was really fun to watch. They might even have had some fun out there. :laugh: I'm actually going to look forward to seeing this program again.