Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

Mukhortova/Trankov were shades of Bereznaya and Sikhilarize. A beautifully skated beautiful routine.

Savchenko and Szolkowy should dump that routine. It did nothing for them.

McL & Bru should dump Malaguena. The music overwhelms them.

Duhamel/Buntin looking much better this year.

lmarie086

Medalist
Mukhortova/Trankov were shades of Bereznaya and Sikhilarize. A beautifully skated beautiful routine.

Savchenko and Szolkowy should dump that routine. It did nothing for them.

McL & Bru should dump Malaguena. The music overwhelms them.

Duhamel/Buntin looking much better this year.

Mukhortova/Trankov are quickly becoming favorites of mine; they're just lovely to watch.

Well, S/S get credit for innovation even if the program is a bit odd. But they seem to enjoy doing really, really out of the box stuff. At least it makes pair skating somewhat interesting. And they do have a lovely LP.

I'm pretty disappointed, I have not liked either of M/B's programs thus far. I'll probably need a second viewing of it (being more polished than at Indy) but it didn't do much for me.

Love Duhamel/Buntin! I thought I read one of them is coming off of a shoulder injury or something to that effect, so not a bad finish for them considering. And a very powerful throw 3Lz; really enjoyed that.

oleada

Record Breaker
Well, I liked the programs of both of the top teams, but S&S were simply outskated today. Major congrats to Mukhortova and Trankov for a great short program and how much they have improved in the last few seasons. Oleg has done wonders for them.

I loved S&S's program, though they are too far apart in the beginning. But the choreography, costumes and music are fab.

M&B - good speed and great energy, but I'm afraid I don't get their presentation style, mostly her. She's too over the top. Her makeup and outfit...well, I have a 16 year old sister and my parents would never let her leave the house looking like that (and she does dance, so she's done her share of performances).

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
Savchenko/Szolkowy have lot's of innovation. I'm a big fan of them. But although they are so innovative, i really dislike their new SP.
Their elements are good. But the choreography has nearly nothing to do with the music.
Mukhortova/Trankov have the "classical" russian style. I really like their 3 Twist.
I hope S/S give their best in the free.. That program is something outstanding. Very lovely!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Wow! Good for M&T. I doubt they'll end up with the gold here in the end, but what a confidence boost it must be to beat World Champs by 3 points on technical score!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Savchenko/Szolkowy have lot's of innovation. I'm a big fan of them. But although they are so innovative, i really dislike their new SP.
Their elements are good. But the choreography has nearly nothing to do with the music.
Mukhortova/Trankov have the "classical" russian style. I really like their 3 Twist.
I hope S/S give their best in the free.. That program is something outstanding. Very lovely!

I have to agree about S&S. I understand they want to be diffrent, but this program looks cheap....like somthing you would see at a bad exhibition. I hope they change it. I did really like the Russians, they looked much better than last year. I liked that french pair with the great extensions, but they had problems with thier jump elements.

Rena and John looked more musically aware than before. I find it strange that they tried the throw 3 axel, they could have done an easier one and been in the top 4-5.

McLaughlin and Brubaker very really good. I love all the little moments of chreography in that program.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Mukhortova/Trankov is a very strong early prediction as the most improved team this season.

So much more polish, AND they actually brought something different to the table. So many interesting moves / positions in the Spins and Lifts in that SP. I would given them GEO+ 2 at the very least. Very innovative yet maintaining that russian flair. I was really Surprise!!!

He would have known, but I think their the best Pair Spinners this year....and a early world medal contender.

zephyrskates

On the Ice
I loved M/T program. I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to deliver a clean program. I kept expecting a mistake, but they pulled it together. It may just be me, but I love Maxim's hair, it suits him.

Russian Nationals between K/S and M/T would definitely be interesting.

rain

Record Breaker
I hate S/S SP. I'm not sure that I can ever sit through that again.

Absolutely. What a letdown. I thought the choreography presentation didn't remotely go with the music. They could have been skating to anything out there, there was zero connection. I hope they do some major MAJOR revamping of this program as it's early in the season and they can still make changes. I thought they looked VERY rough around the edges.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Am I the ONLY ONE who loves S&S' short program. They did skate poorly last night, much worse than Nebourn Thorn. But I do believe it's a brilliant program. :laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Am I the ONLY ONE who loves S&S' short program. They did skate poorly last night, much worse than Nebourn Thorn. But I do believe it's a brilliant program. :laugh:

No you are not, I love this program. Read my post in the Nebelhorn Pairs Results thread.

oleada

Record Breaker
No, I loved it too! :lol:
I think this is a love it or hate it program. Seems like no one has opinions in between.

lmarie086

Medalist
No, I loved it too! :lol:
I think this is a love it or hate it program. Seems like no one has opinions in between.

I prove you wrong lol! I'm kinda in between; I think it has great potential and I really, really appreciate their outside the box kind of programs. It adds great life to pairs skating IMO. But I want to see it again (clean this time, but I won't be holding my breath) before I make a decision. This is one that I think can kind of grow on people (at least IMO).

aarower

Rinkside
I need to see the world champs short done better in order to decide if I like it or not, but I certainly appreciate that they are doing an untraditional program.