11 Elladj Baldé QC
12 Shawn Sawyer QC
13 Joey Russell NL
14 Jeremy Ten BC/YT
15 Kevin Reynolds BC/YT
16 Vaughn Chipeur AB/NT/NU
17 Patrick Chan CO
WD Ehren Jaleel AB/NT/NU

Hope Fedor fans get themselves together and cheer him up for LP.

Time
Sunday, January 18
17:30-21:30 ET LIVE Mens Free

Real-time results page

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events...sults.cfm?strcat=Senior&strdisp=Men&strlang=E

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'll still volunteer to post up the scores and the rankings, but I'll have to bail out shortly before 8PM because I want to record CBC's broadcast.

I think a lot of Fedor Fanatics are still in shock right now :eek: because so few of them have said anything either here or on FSU. My recovery was a little faster because I at least had the comfort of his reply to my fan letter, so there was some joy mixed with the sadness, At this point, I just want him to skate his best, and that he'll continue to work hard throughout the year regardless of the results.

I also hope Shawn will mesmerize us to with his heavenly "Amadeus" program. :)

Last edited:

lisou

On the Ice
At this point, I just want him to skate his best, and that he'll continue to work hard throughout the year regardless of the results.

I also hope Shawn will mesmerize us to with his heavenly "Amadeus" program. :)

ITA, you put it very nicely !!! I also started to watch the vids on YT and loved Jean-Simon Légaré's SP so hope he'll have a good outing tonight !

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
These are the groups, in case anyone was curious:

Group 1:
1 Brennan Martin EO
2 Matthew Penasse WO
3 Louis-Philippe Sirois QC
4 Maxime-Billy Fortin QC
5 Gary Wong BC/YT

Group 2:
6 Fedor Andreev EO
7 Paul Poirier CO
8 Jean-Simon Légaré QC
9 Ken Rose CO
10 Ian Martinez QC
11 Elladj Baldé QC

Group 3:
12 Shawn Sawyer QC
13 Joey Russell NL
14 Jeremy Ten BC/YT
15 Kevin Reynolds BC/YT
16 Vaughn Chipeur AB/NT/NU
17 Patrick Chan CO

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Andreev, here's hoping Fedor executes all his technical elements cleanly as he can because skating so early in the rotation and in the penultimate group will cause the judges to lower his PCS marks. It's the unfortunate reality of PCS judging.

For Sawyer, go for it, Shawn! I still believe you have a realistic shot at that bronze medal if you skate your very best in the LP. Think 2008 Skate Canada and last year's Nationals - believe in yourself!

For Chan, a 17 points lead after the SP means you can easily afford to have a lackluster skate in the LP and still win, but I hope we see more brilliance from you. Congrats on your 2nd National title!

For Poirier, Légaré, Martinez, and Chipeur, I also hope to see great skating!

May the best men find their way onto the medal podium! :love::bow:

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
I have total confidence that Chan will give it his all regardless, especially as he's a very balanced young man and has his eyes on the big picture... but I find it amusing to specualte that with the lead he has, he could probably fall on almost every jump in his LP (4 falls compensated for by his point-lead, another 1 or 2 by his PCS), or do mostly doubles, and still win this competition!

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ True, if he wanted to play it safe and do only 2Axels instead of 3Axels, he could get away with that and still win. I hope he goes for everything, though.

dgel

On the Ice
For Andreev, here's hoping Fedor executes all his technical elements cleanly as he can because skating so early in the rotation and in the penultimate group will cause the judges to lower his PCS marks. It's the unfortunate reality of PCS judging.

For Sawyer, go for it, Shawn! I still believe you have a realistic shot at that bronze medal if you skate your very best in the LP. Think 2008 Skate Canada and last year's Nationals - believe in yourself!

For Chan, a 17 points lead after the SP means you can easily afford to have a lackluster skate in the LP and still win, but I hope we see more brilliance from you. Congrats on your 2nd National title!

For Poirier, Légaré, Martinez, and Chipeur, I also hope to see great skating!

May the best men find their way onto the medal podium! :love::bow:

Well seeing you've ignored him, go Joey! will be hard to keep in the top 5 but if he can rotate the 3-axel, he's got a chance..

amateur

Final Flight
^ True, if he wanted to play it safe and do only 2Axels instead of 3Axels, he could get away with that and still win. I hope he goes for everything, though.

Oh I'm certain he'll go for the 3-axels no matter what -- if anything, he needs the practise on them! And he's of cousre pefrectly aware that he'll have to get as comfortable as he can with the idea of executing 2 of them in the program... Maybe he'll do the 2 3-axels and double everything else! (...joking)

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
All I want to say is:

GO FEDOR Andreev: All of Our Hopes and Dreams for You to RISE UP to the TOP!!!! We all believe in you and know you can do it.

Skating G-ds give the Skate Canada Judges the Wisdom to give Fedor the PCS and points he REALLY deserves and move up in standings, I am talking about a rocket shot to the top.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Crap i thought I bookmarked it. i'll have to go iso of it in one of these threads.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They're currently showing Kevin's SP (and I'm assuming they'll also air Vaughn and Patrick's as well), so the show will start a little later than expected. *sighs*

lisou

On the Ice
The links to the french feed are on the first page of the FD thread. Do you need to download anything to view the feed or is it not supposed to have started yet ?