Senior Free Dance Saturday, split. | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Free Dance Saturday, split.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Tanith was just interviewed. Belbin/Agosto have been named to the World team. :rock:

Great news. I think that Davis and White would have beat them at Nationals though. The latter were spot on in all three events and thier freedance was a masterpiece. :love:

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Great news. I think that Davis and White would have beat them at Nationals though. The latter were spot on in all three events and thier freedance was a masterpiece. :love:

Agree with this. Looking at the protocols for FD...wow, amazing GOEs for D/W. They really skated this FD the best they've ever done it. Hopefully for both 4CC and Worlds, they will skate it with no errors (so far they've had one little glitch each time, except maybe CoR, I don't recall any errors in the FD but it was there we had the OD from hell!) I hope they get their twizzles under control, they've both had some issues with those this season which is unusual as that is one of their signature moves.

Happy that D/W will be going to FCC because I'm really thinking they can win there. I know V/M will probably be there but with their interrupted training and the momentum that Meryl and Charlie have right now, I think it's going to be interesting.

I am happy for B/A going to Worlds, they do deserve it. But I'm hoping D/W keep their momentum going, if you know what I mean!:love:

lmarie086

Medalist
How come Icenetwork doesn't have any press conferences with the dance teams up for viewing? They do for mens and ladies and I caught a glimpse of the pairs (though that's not on-demand either).

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Agree with this. Looking at the protocols for FD...wow, amazing GOEs for D/W. They really skated this FD the best they've ever done it. Hopefully for both 4CC and Worlds, they will skate it with no errors (so far they've had one little glitch each time, except maybe CoR, I don't recall any errors in the FD but it was there we had the OD from hell!) I hope they get their twizzles under control, they've both had some issues with those this season which is unusual as that is one of their signature moves.

Happy that D/W will be going to FCC because I'm really thinking they can win there. I know V/M will probably be there but with their interrupted training and the momentum that Meryl and Charlie have right now, I think it's going to be interesting.

I am happy for B/A going to Worlds, they do deserve it. But I'm hoping D/W keep their momentum going, if you know what I mean!:love:

IT's funny...even though I've always been a D/W, I used to think there was no way for them to overtake V/M before olympics given their huge momentum after their silver in 2008 worlds...but I'm starting to think different. I think Meryl and charlie got a shot this year at beating them! I honeslty think they have the better programs and they've improved so much in their presentation, I think they're the better team at this point in time.

victoria90

On the Ice
IT's funny...even though I've always been a D/W, I used to think there was no way for them to overtake V/M before olympics given their huge momentum after their silver in 2008 worlds...but I'm starting to think different. I think Meryl and charlie got a shot this year at beating them! I honeslty think they have the better programs and they've improved so much in their presentation, I think they're the better team at this point in time.

It's funny it's the same for me, too. I've always liked D&W and V&M but I used to prefer V&M when it came to the overall presentation, no matter how much I liked D&W I knew there was no way they could catch up with V&M scores... But obviously I was wrong, they have proven me wrong, which was a beautiful surprise. Both of their programs are great and overall are better, I really think they can beat V&M this year. And to be honest, I want them to, not because I don't like Tessa and Scott, I just want Meryl and Charlie to finally show that they are as good as them.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Samuelson & Bates are such a pleasure to watch...I'm so happy that they got silver this year!...I just wish they would have used different music (last year's LUNA was a personal favorite of mine). I actually enjoyed watching their new exhibition program moreso than their FD, though I admit I love it when Evan begins their FD program with a Gwendal Peizerat type jump into the air, showing off his beautiful long lines & flexibility.

Perfectly matched ~ wonderful personalties ~ a joy to watch! Here's hoping big things for them to come in their rise to the top of American & International skating...:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I hope they pick disco for their FD next year--they looked so comfortable and happy skating to it in their exhibition. I don't know how anyone could be inspired to skate well to Amazonic. I can't stand that piece.

It's amazing the bravos given to the Davis/White dance team over the more veterans Belbin/Agosto. It reminds me of the end of Lang/Tcheneychev dance team by B/A. It's not a question so much of competitions but of fans changing their favorites.

rosee

On the Ice
But if the Hubbells get something that sounds like Amazonic next year...

... :eek: I'll kill myself!
And the worse is that I love Maksim Mrvica, it's just that I think his pieces are not "skatable"

Happy to see I'm not the only one who made the parallel with Lang & Tcheneychev Vs Belbin & Agosto

lmarie086

Medalist
It's amazing the bravos given to the Davis/White dance team over the more veterans Belbin/Agosto. It reminds me of the end of Lang/Tcheneychev dance team by B/A. It's not a question so much of competitions but of fans changing their favorites.

I noticed that as well, but for me...it's a factor of Belbin/Agosto having never, ever been my favorite, sure I thought it was cool when they started rising in the ranks yet they were not the reason I watch. Davis/White are the reason why I started actually following ice dance.

It's not always just a case of people changing their favorites. Don't be so quick to assume just because you don't get the appeal of a certain team.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Well, B&A weren't at US Nationals. We'll see how it goes in L.A., when both teams are competing.

~tapdancer

On the Ice

I never changed my favorites. I was always lukewarm towards B/A, same with L/T. The last team I was excited over was Silverstein/Pekerak...when they split, I really lost interest in skating for a while. Davis and White blew me away last season and they actually set me on fire for skating again, particularly ice dance which has always been my favorite. I know B/A have had great success for US Ice Dance but to me, they don't have and have never had, that something special that I see in D/W.

I can't speak for other fans but for me it was simply that D/W overwhelm me with their dedication, talent, long-standing partnership, and their work ethic, not to mention their maturity and poise. They didn't replace any other team in my heart, they became my reason for watching skating again.

And their performance at Nationals was just one more performance I'll watch again and again..I have a great many of those!

I'm so proud of them as our US Ice Dance champions!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, I haven't changed favorites, Tanith and Ben are still my team (since Melissa and Denis aren't on the competitive scene this season - they're saying watch for a comeback next year though!) - can't deny that Davis and White were in a class all their own at nationals, though. They may not be 'my style' or 'my team' but I can appreciate what they did out there.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I tell you what, though...I haven't watched all of B/A's performances from the past but I could rewatch "Amelie" and "Chopin" over and over. Now those were great performances and highly enjoyable skates.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Chopin at Nationals was magic. We all sat down after giving them a standing O and looked aorund and asked "was that really 4+ minutes?" you litterally lost track of time.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yes, I hope they pick disco for their FD next year--they looked so comfortable and happy skating to it in their exhibition. I don't know how anyone could be inspired to skate well to Amazonic. I can't stand that piece.

I second that, on both counts!:agree:

What took John Travolta 6 mos. to master only took Evan a few days or less. I say use their exhibition piece for their FD next year, it'll definitely make people want to get up & dance, which is what dance is all about, or supposed to be about. JMHO.:)

On a purely observatory note, this is the best SNF I've seen on ice.