2023 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents Free Dance

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I suspect they may have gotten some "oh thank god one of the home town entries didn't fade on us!" boost, which... okay, I don't like them that much, but for once I don't begrudge it, the home team has not had a good time.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Ok, please don't kill me, but I might just like this abstract Fire-Air program more than the Evita Free skate of G/P. :slink:

Either way, I'm not really convinced that Chock/Bates and Gilles/Poirier are so much better than the rest of the field in Ice Dance (like 6-7 points better than Guignard/Fabbri and Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen in SB seems quite generous...).

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, please don't kill me, but I might just like this abstract Fire-Air program more than the Evita Free skate of G/P. :slink:

Either way, I'm not really convinced that Chock/Bates and Gilles/Poirier are so much better than the rest of the field in Ice Dance (like 6-7 points better than Guignard/Fabbri and Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen in SB seems quite generous...).
Nothing wrong with personal preference.

rain

Record Breaker
Couldn't watch live and just checked out the scores. Looks like no surprises here. Looking forward to seeing the programs.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Big Congratulations to Maddie and Evan so happy for them! It took me awhile to warm up to their
FD this season but they won me over tonight. Simply the best! B/S and L/L Congrats for winning the
Silver and Bronze well deserved and beautifully skated programs. Shout out to G/P and C/P well done!

Tough skate for KanaDai. I knew Dai was gong to have issues with the altitude. He said beforehand
in a interview that he was worried about his stamina and if it was going to hold up during FS and as we all saw it didn't.
Love them for their effort and fingers crossed they will redeem themselves with a better showing at Worlds.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C/B's FD has evolved so much since seeing it at Skate America a few months ago. I give them credit for retooling it and their packaging into something quite compelling. They've got their momentum back for Worlds and it will be interesting to see how they fare against Evita. The score was OTT but hey, that's Ice Dance.

Glad to see Caroline and Michael bounce back and come in 4th in FD. Too bad about the fall in the RD, otherwise they would have finished in 4th place.

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist

I'll agree with you about Guignard/ Fabbri. They are the best technical skaters of the bunch. I wish judges and fans appreciated them more. But, personal taste is personal taste. Many don't enjoy their skating. I do.

For me, FB/S have some technical issues/ performance issues holding them back. She's amazing but he never extends his limbs and his performance/ SS could use work too. So, I do think C/B G/ P are the superior teams in that case. ( She's the best skater of the group though)

What I'll say about the C/ B vs GP is that G/P trump C/ B in SS and , perhaps, in program selection. ( I like both FDs but G/ P's is more crowd appealing) But, C/B are better at the elements. G/P have very simple lifts. C/B have a very complicated program that they make look easy. So, imho G/P should win the PCS by a bit but C/ B should really be ahead in TES if they skate like they did here.

Last edited: