Historical Event | Golden Skate

Historical Event

efreedman

On the Ice
This is the first time in 20 years that the Americans have won both the Senior and Junior Worlds Championships.

The last time was in 1988 when the champions were Brian Boitano and Todd Eldredge respectively:clap:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the first time in 20 years that the Americans have won both the Senior and Junior Worlds Championships.

The last time was in 1988 when the champions were Brian Boitano and Todd Eldredge respectively:clap:

Wow! :party: Thanks for the info! :biggrin: :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
unfortunately the big story in my paper here on figure skating was the lack of a star in skating.

no mention of Evan's win last night at all.

I'm beyond frustrated. Not so much because it's Evan, but because of the lack of respect for the men. Seriously? Evan just won a World title for the US and not so much as a mention? BLAH!

swizzletwizzle

On the Ice
unfortunately the big story in my paper here on figure skating was the lack of a star in skating.

no mention of Evan's win last night at all.

I'm beyond frustrated. Not so much because it's Evan, but because of the lack of respect for the men. Seriously? Evan just won a World title for the US and not so much as a mention? BLAH!

Unfortunately, my paper has pathetic skating coverage, too. My worst problem is that they won't cover an event if it hasn't concluded by the time printing starts. That was the case with Evan's win. Hopefully, they'll at least mention it tomorrow!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe... I know the article they used was written by the AP... either way it's just ridiculous.

it's not always about the ladies.

MissCleo

On the Ice
my local paper usually only has articles with local ties. Here its Alissa Czisny, but after that short program, we'll see if they have anything in the sports section in the morning.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Here's another historical event very likely to happen tonight: the first ice dance team ever to win both Junior and Senior Worlds.
Believe it or not, no team has ever done it. Some individual ice dancers have won both with different partners.
But now two teams with Junior World titles have nearly four and a half points over the rest of the field, and even the team in third are Junior World champions. Unless either D&W or K&N pull off a huge shocker, whoever wins tonight will have a first.