2024 Canadian Nationals : All about synchro ! | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals : All about synchro !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is a special thread for Synchro fans ! Discuss away !

Synchronized skating is now held at Nationals for both Junior and Senior divisions.

Last year, Canadian athletes performed really well at Worlds.

In Juniors, Nexxice won the silver medal. Les Suprêmes won the SP but had to settle for 5th place overall after the LP.

In seniors, Les Suprêmes are world champions ! Team Nexxice finished a very respectable 4th place.

The Junior SP will be held on Wednesday January 10th at 12h50.

Thursday January 11th is SYNCHRO day at Nationals with the Junior LP at 17:00 and the Senior SP at 18:45

The Senior LP will be held on Friday January 12th at 18:15.

More details to come soon ! Feel free to post thoughts, news and media about Canadian Synchro teams !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
2024 Canadian National Skating Championships
January 7, 2024 to January 14, 2024
WinSport Arena, Calgary, AB

Junior Synchro Short Program
Wednesday, January 10th
12h50 (MST)

Time in other places

NEXXICE ON
Gold Ice ON
ICE Ignite ON
Lower Mainland Junior BC/YK
Solstice Junior AB/NT/NU
Nova QC
Les Suprêmes QC
Golding Ice QC

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
2024 Canadian National Skating Championships
January 7, 2024 to January 14, 2024
WinSport Arena, Calgary, AB

Senior Synchro Short Program
Thursday, January 11th
18h45 (MST)

Time in other places

Les Suprêmes QC
Nova QC
NEXXICE ON

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I've got a meeting during part of this, so I'll see how much I can watch live :)

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
This is a special thread for Synchro fans ! Discuss away !

Synchronized skating is now held at Nationals for both Junior and Senior divisions.

Last year, Canadian athletes performed really well at Worlds.

In Juniors, Nexxice won the silver medal. Les Suprêmes won the SP but had to settle for 5th place overall after the LP.

In seniors, Les Suprêmes are world champions ! Team Nexxice finished a very respectable 4th place.

The Junior SP will be held on Wednesday January 10th at 12h50.

Thursday January 11th is SYNCHRO day at Nationals with the Junior LP at 17:00 and the Senior SP at 18:45

The Senior LP will be held on Friday January 12th at 18:15.

More details to come soon ! Feel free to post thoughts, news and media about Canadian Synchro teams !
I've watched synchro practices in several cities and have great admiration for what they do, both the skaters and the choreographers who have to work out the intricacies of the programs. I'll be watching the events, but synchro makes me more nervous than the singles and couples events. I resist all efforts to persuade me to join a team myself. I didn't normally suffer from competition nerves, but I think for that I'd have nightmares beforehand that I'd be the one who messed it up for the whole team :palmf::slink:. Being just half of a pair is different. We have separate responsibilities, and the matching parts are easier with just one other person, or so I've always thought.)

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
I seen it and about Nexxices and Les Supreme junior no surprises always perfect.the surprise was Nova, had a SP very nice the theme was "L' histoire de une rupture" (on a video reel on Instagram that explains the theme ) and they achieved with the choreography, elements order and even the costume that was like unison reflect the feelings from the theme by the way the GOE never was negative , perhaps some elements was downgraded but yet they base a great job.

I hope that the Canadian federation and others joins again and take advantage of that increasing interest on synchro for make again that proposal to international Olympics committee (since 2018 are some teams and federations doing some pressure to IOC)

Last edited:

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I appreciate the explanation about some of the junior teams having 12 skaters, I thought I was counting wrong yesterday.

Music mix-up to start, The Weeknd isn't The Phantom of the Opera.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
So in addition to Etienne Lacaisse and Fiona Bombardier, Charlie Anderson is competing junior synchro/senior ice dance and Layla Veillon is also junior synchro/junior ice dance. They're both with ICE Ignite from Ilderton :)

And the tech panel lost the feed so that's why they're about those skaters doing double duty.

They should get extra points for shirt costumes to In This Shirt. Very lovely skate!

Last edited:

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I liked Nova's Hunger Games program, it worked for me more where other Hunger Games programs didn't. Into first with two to come, so they'll get at least a bronze.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh dear, a fall for Nexxice. The spinning hold circle lift was cool. Creative group lift movement, that's the technical term for it?

Even with the fall, they did well enough to go into the lead and guaranteed at least a silver.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
The scores for Les Supremes seem to be taking some time? But it's a good score! Heh, they had to reinforce the Kiss and Cry platform for synchro teams:jump:Well deserved win for them!

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Time to start the senior portion with Les Supremes! I really like their short. They look strong and confident on the ice, even coming out for their two minute warm up. They look like the reigning world champions.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I liked Nova's spiral movement. Not as strong as Les Supremes, and they go behind them. I'm not feeling Blondie as much.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Nexxice is being choreographed by Jeremy Abbott! To Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo, I thought it was another vampire themed program when Ted mentioned the music 😅 They do have the blood on their costumes though, I can see it now that they're going into the Kiss and Cry.

Oh, it is a vampire themed program now that they're explaining it! And they had a fall too. But enough to go into 2nd. Those scores are pretty tight right now, should be a good watch tomorrow :popcorn: Les Supremes were the best of the senior teams for me.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hopefully Ted and Lisa worked out their technical issues and Lisa can commentate tonight!