2024 Canadian Nationals : All about synchro ! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals : All about synchro !

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh not the falls for Nexxice
:(
Pivot block into an intersection was cool.

auser

Record Breaker
This must be so fun to watch in person so you can continually see all the skaters as they move throughout the program.

auser

Record Breaker
Loved the pairs spin. And the slow motion replay shot of the opening mountain formation was very impressive.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Using the opening pose to make Everest :) Oh, I can see the mountain design on their costumes in the close up!

2nd in the free, but Les Supremes win! That was a cool program, good luck to all the teams now that they've begun their season :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WOW... Nexxice finishing third here.... and with quite a margin. The good news for them is that it's early season and if it's anything like last year, Skate Canada will wait and see the results in competition before naming the world team. The reality is that Skate Canada has 3 very good senior synchro teams but in synchro, only two teams can go to worlds...

Talder

Spectator
WOW... Nexxice finishing third here.... and with quite a margin. The good news for them is that it's early season and if it's anything like last year, Skate Canada will wait and see the results in competition before naming the world team. The reality is that Skate Canada has 3 very good senior synchro teams but in synchro, only two teams can go to worlds...
It's going to be interesting to see what happens. Nova was very strong and Les Supreme also. NEXXICE had falls in both programs and they just seemed a bit behind in terms of preparedness. I think they have not done as good a job as the other two teams in terms of adjusting their timelines for earlier nationals. This result was similar to Kingston. Love all three teams. NEXXICE has an up hill climb for their internationals and their bid for a worlds spot. I think if NEXXICE gets it together they have higher scoring ceiling potential than Nova but they have to deliver. It's going to be a fierce competition between them and Nova. Nova is looking very determined. I'm sure Les Supreme being current world champs and national champs have their spot locked.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's going to be interesting to see what happens. Nova was very strong and Les Supreme also. NEXXICE had falls in both programs and they just seemed a bit behind in terms of preparedness. I think they have not done as good a job as the other two teams in terms of adjusting their timelines for earlier nationals. This result was similar to Kingston. Love all three teams. NEXXICE has an up hill climb for their internationals and their bid for a worlds spot. I think if NEXXICE gets it together they have higher scoring ceiling potential than Nova but they have to deliver. It's going to be a fierce competition between them and Nova. Nova is looking very determined. I'm sure Les Supreme being current world champs and national champs have their spot locked.
Thanks for the insight. Keep us informed !

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Based on the Hevelius Cup results, I see why they weren't assigned. Nova won bronze there over Nexxice.