Dance - Free | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

i love to skate

Medalist
I know I liked the understated costumes, but you couldn't tell on leg from the other on the spin. And twizzle problems. Again. Good effort, but not even close in level to what they did last year.

What was the twizzle problem? I think Scott sumed it up best when he said "I don't even care" in relation to their marks. After all they've been through...good on them!

lmarie086

Medalist
That was a very respectable showing from V/M, I'm glad my feed decided to work just in time for it! Really enjoyed that, and to me they seemed to get more confident as it went. Not perfect, but definitely better than at 4CC.

But holy cow what a high score...99.98??

Wrlmy

Medalist
They need better FD than this. I never injoyed their FD since Amelie. But very well skate except for one problem on the twizzle. What an ending!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it really annoys me that if a North American team wants to be on the top most rung of the podium they have to lose their true personalities and mimick what's been done before (emotions wise)... Shae and Victor did it, and it seems Tanith and Ben have decided that's what they need, too.

I honestly didn't feel that it was THEM... if that makes sense.

oxade21

Match Penalty
I am not very impressed with B/A's program, but it was skated well if not too cautiously. Definitely beatable.

london_calling

On the Ice
Yeah, I thought B/A seemed a bit tentative. Of course, this program is just like their OD, flat and a little boring (to me, at least). Linichuk doesn't seem like a very creative choreographer.

casken

On the Ice
B/A

She's channeling Krylova, he';s channeling Averbuch

Smooth if far apart on circ footwork
twizzles good
Difficult combo lift
ok spin - standard positions
head grabbing
Nice SL lift
Ok curve lift
Good power here
ok on sl footwork
They sure like those low dipping moves don't they?
Randomly skating around
Wild last lift

I don't know. That wasn't a difficult as V&M. Choreography wasn't as unique. It was powerful, just a little hit and miss for me.

rain

Record Breaker
What was the twizzle problem? I think Scott sumed it up best when he said "I don't even care" in relation to their marks. After all they've been through...good on them!

Yeah, I'm sure at this point they knew they had no shot at gold and after their supremely frustrating year hampered by Tessa's surgery and recovery, they were skating a lot for themselves. I think it's pretty amazing to see that they even got to world level so fast this season. I think this season will be character-building for them. I can't wait for next year when they can actually train properly for the Olympics.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
it really annoys me that if a North American team wants to be on the top most rung of the podium they have to lose their true personalities and mimick what's been done before (emotions wise)... Shae and Victor did it, and it seems Tanith and Ben have decided that's what they need, too.

I honestly didn't feel that it was THEM... if that makes sense.

IT makes perfect sense to me, Tanith and Ben used to have such fun and creative programs that has a slight humor element in it and they looked like they were having such fun out there. I loved the Elvis routine !

Now there is no humor or fun element in their skating anymore-its like a big piece of what made them so special is gone......

beep_beep

Medalist
Yeah, I'm sure at this point they knew they had no shot at gold and after their supremely frustrating year hampered by Tessa's surgery and recovery, they were skating a lot for themselves. I think it's pretty amazing to see that they even got to world level so fast this season. I think this season will be character-building for them. I can't wait for next year when they can actually train properly for the Olympics.
Oh, did it looked like bashing ??
Sorry !!!
Not at all, I do understand her problem, I hope she heals completely, and I do think it's amazing that they're here and performing well.
But this wasn't close to their best.