All Brian Joubert News! | Page 14 | Golden Skate

All Brian Joubert News!

schiele

Final Flight
I see there are now two (competing?) Brian threads! :laugh: .
Yes, can you believe we've come this far? :laugh:

A few reactions:
  • Brian must never skate to Bolero! I forbid it!
  • So he and Stephane can be friends. Hmm, I wonder what that means.
  • Albena and Maxim have done well with the choreo but the costume choice was a bad idea. He should use the NHK one, it was much better.
  • I guess he wants to do CoC because it's the only GP he hasn't won...
  • Not surprising that his favorite program is The Matrix; I sometimes think he had it too early in his career. I am surprised the other program he mentioned is Time - it's fun, but he's had better SPs.

1) Agree wholeheartedly! God forbid! What was he thinking of! :laugh:
2) That he won't be so sour off the ice if he loses to Steph?
3) Yes, ditch the current costume Albena, go back to the NHK one..
4) Yes, he mentioned that before I believe, it's what he wants to do accomplish after the olympics. Good to hear he still has things he wants to achieve, he might actually stay on.. If Lysacek stays, why not jouby?
5) Well, its my favourite programme of his as well, I wish he didn't partially destroy the original's reputation/good impressions by doing the matrix reloaded last year.. Time is a great 6.0 programme, I guess he feels sentimental about 6.0 times. I thought perhaps he didn't wanna give too much credit to Mr. B? Maybe he is still sour.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yes that was a great interview, and no mention of Plush rivaly by the journalist for a change
Especially the part about that he doesnt mind skating before or after Stephan :p Got the message. ;)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Moderators, please merge the two Brian threads so that Brian might some day pass the Plushy thread! :laugh:

And now, sort of news: Brian's profile on the Vancouver 2010 website. Since when is Brian a student?

schiele

Final Flight
Moderators, please merge the two Brian threads so that Brian might some day pass the Plushy thread! :laugh:

And now, sort of news: Brian's profile on the Vancouver 2010 website. Since when is Brian a student?

Oh god, I can't believe we are getting so much Brian action! :)
B, I read the original interview in Russian and there is one sentence in there that google translate failed to properly translate. When he talks about his regular day and what he does, the last thing he mentions is that he started studying again (apparently he dropped out or froze his studies or smth). Good for him, I guess.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Oh god, I can't believe we are getting so much Brian action! :)
B, I read the original interview in Russian and there is one sentence in there that google translate failed to properly translate. When he talks about his regular day and what he does, the last thing he mentions is that he started studying again (apparently he dropped out or froze his studies or smth). Good for him, I guess.
He decided an Olympic year was the best time to go back to school? Well, I suppose something to distract him from skating at times is good, and Brian knows what's best for him... Do you know what he's studying? Is it true that he's finally left home, too?

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
He decided an Olympic year was the best time to go back to school? Well, I suppose something to distract him from skating at times is good, and Brian knows what's best for him... Do you know what he's studying? Is it true that he's finally left home, too?

He did???????????? He decided to do so in an olympic year as well? :laugh::laugh: That's a shocker, no kidding.
I believe he is studying physics although I may be wrong..

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
He did???????????? He decided to do so in an olympic year as well? :laugh::laugh: That's a shocker, no kidding.
I believe he is studying physics although I may be wrong..

This is the first I've heard of it. If it's true, then he'll probably continue preparing his scientific "Baccalauréat" - He dropped out after one year i think , so there's one year left.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This is the first I've heard of it. If it's true, then he'll probably continue preparing his scientific "Baccalauréat" - He dropped out after one year i think , so there's one year left.
Apparently he moved out several months ago and there was even a video somewhere of his new place. I'm not going to try and track it down, though, Brian does deserve some privacy :cool:.

I'm not familiar with the French higher education system - what's a scientific Baccalaureate?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Bac it is the three years after the high school years, the first 3 in highest education as university. You usually have to do a master afterwards to get into a more specific field of knowledge in the theme you study.
I think i gave a crap explication, lol!

schiele

Final Flight
Bac it is the three years after the high school years, the first 3 in highest education as university. You usually have to do a master afterwards to get into a more specific field of knowledge in the theme you study.
I think i gave a crap explication, lol!

Errr.. Well, I'd like to say no but didn't quite understand it.. :laugh::laugh:
So it's essentialy not much different than a standard Bachelors' degree with 3/4 years of uni education, right?
So he just dropped out after 1 year? :unsure::confused:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Lycee is not 3 last years of high school ???I m lost, maybe I m thinking the belgian system? Lycee Francais is a school here.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Lycee is not 3 last years of high school ???I m lost, maybe I m thinking the belgian system? Lycee Francais is a school here.

Yes, Lycée is the last 3 years of highschool. And if you finish those 3 years successfully, you have your Baccalauréat. But as far as I know, you learn a bit more than at a e.g. American high school. The Baccalauréat is equal to the German Abitur, and with the Abitur you are often allowed to start US-College in junior year.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
lol dont pay attention to me then, i might be thinking in greek terms, where bac is the first 3 years of university, after highschool education. I thought the same is here though.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think there was some sort of mini press conference with Brian yesterday in Poitiers. He said that after Euros he realized he needed to work on conditioning for the LP (and the jump layout, Brian! Fix it!) and he tried to change to new skates but it wasn't working. Let's hope his skates won't fall apart in Vancouver ;).

Brian will be flying to Canada on the 12th, so I'm not sure he plans to take part in the opening ceremonies. The French flagbearer will apparently be Vincent Defrasne, who competes in biathlon.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh he will go together with Plushy! Maybe they will sit and gossip together in the plane.:biggrin:

schiele

Final Flight
Oh he will go together with Plushy! Maybe they will sit and gossip together in the plane.

That'll be a first! :laugh::laugh:

I hope he did work on that jump layout! I think I'll find all sorts of reasons acceptable for a potential failure and will be able to live with disappointment but a failure due to an obviously faulty jump layout will just get me really really :mad::mad::banging:

jennylovskt

Medalist
If Brian or his people ever read this board, I hope he could just let the winning or losing go. Concentrate on each steps and make the best he can make. The result will come. Not that they haven't done so. I wish I could help him in someway (I know I can't). I am nervous.