Johnny Weir article lead story at ESPN.com | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir article lead story at ESPN.com

schiele

Final Flight
If I may change the topic and provide a break to the tension building up here, I actually have a question. Johhny says he's trying to go down to 130 lbs. Now that had me flipping backwards in my chair. How tall is he to be only 130 lbs and doing such an athletic sport? He also mentions feeling hungry a lot, and I've read the same so many times with other skaters. I understand the logic of keeping down the weight and the jumps and everything but it keeps me wondering if they are so strict with diets, where do they get the energy for such demanding programmes? Since I've never skated competitively, I keep wondering and some insight would be great.

dancingqueen

On the Ice
Please don't attack Antman. It just makes you look bad, anyway. He is one of this forum's senior statesmen. :rock: (That's not an age reference, Ant! :biggrin:)

Actually, who started attacking was not Pippa. She was just supporting and clearing up Johnny’s situation here.

I really think what Johnny talks or doesn’t talk about is Johnny’s own business. My impression of Johnny is he is an individual , going his way, and when it comes to his private life, I don’t think he appreciates being told by others what he should or should not talk about. People keep making all these demands on Johnny, for me he is just Johnny. Many people have controlling issues ( controlling other people, that is ) which I found immature and not independent.

Last edited:

pippa

Rinkside
Actually, who started attacking was not Pippa. She was just supporting and clearing up Johnny’s situation here.

I really think what Johnny talks or doesn’t talk about is Johnny’s own business. My impression of Johnny is he is an individual , going his way, and when it comes to his private life, I don’t think he appreciates being told by others what he should or should not talk about. People keep making all these demands on Johnny, for me he is just Johnny. Many people have controlling issues ( controlling other people, that is ) which I found immature and not independent.

:rock:

OHgal

Rinkside
I, for one, don't think a person's sexual orientation or activity is anyone else's business. And I don't understand why so many think they either have to talk about their sex life, or question others endlessly about theirs. Can't we keep private matters private?:sheesh: Can't skaters just skate??

Now that I've firmly established myself as a prude, LOL, I have to add that I really don't care how flambouantly (sp) Johnny acts or dresses, that man can skate and I LOVE to watch!

futureidol

On the Ice
Yes, let's steer this back towards "Johnny as a PERSON and SKATER", not "Johnny's sexuality"? Bring the house down tonight Johnny, we know you can do it! :bow:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I agree with you. If Johnny doesn't want to disclose his sexual orientation, that's his right and he shouldn't be criticized for it.

ITA with you and pippa as well. It's nobody's business and neither he nor anyone else is under any obligation to disclose such a private matter. If he chooses to that is his call.