Carolina Kostner with a new coach? | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner with a new coach?

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I was just browsing Wikipedia and noticed that Frank Carroll is listed as Carolina's former coach and Edoardo De Bernardis is listed as her current coach.

Can anyone develop this?

reynycpr

On the Ice
Geeze...beats me. I think I remember hearing she was working with both Carroll and Krista Fassi but I thought Krista Fassi signed on to be a full time coach before Euros. Anyone else have any info? :scratch:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Edoardo De Bernardis is not a fimiliar name for me in the So Cal area. He sounds european so maybe she is moving back to Italy? Interesting. I hope somebody can expand on this.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems like Carolina is looking for a quick fix to her problems and thinks a new coach is the way to go. Unfortunately, I don't think changing coaches every few months is going to help her at all.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Seems like Carolina is looking for a quick fix to her problems and thinks a new coach is the way to go. Unfortunately, I don't think changing coaches every few months is going to help her at all.

Ditto! The "Bobek Route" is not the way to go. Although (if comfirmed), I hope it works out for her. I always want Caro to skate her best...but I saw promise at Euros.

RumbleFish

Rinkside
She can't manage to establish a decent training environment.
No wonder she can't buy a clean landing at competitions :eek:hwell:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
She can't manage to establish a decent training environment.
No wonder she can't buy a clean landing at competitions :eek:hwell:

Actually she was with her same coach/ coaching team in Italy for many years before moving to Frank Carroll. I am not really surprised that she left Carroll as she had one of her worst, if not thee worst season to date in 09-10, but frankly I am very surprised she is continuing in the sport. She needs to re-work her technique, and if she is a smart a girl as I took her for she would realize that would take more than 1 season.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Actually she was with her same coach/ coaching team in Italy for many years before moving to Frank Carroll. I am not really surprised that she left Carroll as she had one of her worst, if not thee worst season to date in 09-10, but frankly I am very surprised she is continuing in the sport. She needs to re-work her technique, and if she is a smart a girl as I took her for she would realize that would take more than 1 season.

She actually trained in Oberstdorf, as well as Verner :)

Wow, I really didn't expect a new Italian coach for her :unsure: I thought the best coach for Ladies was Valentina Mauri.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
Edoardo De Bernardis was a former pupil of Christa Fassi. Carolina has decided (don't know why) to stay in Italy (she trains in Pinerolo and Torino itself) to train for Torino and it seems that she was adressed to De Bernardis (he has coached also Zanforlin/Degli Esposti and Bacchini) from Christa, until she come here for the Worlds. In this way, she's also near her family and boyfriend, and she hasn't to pay as much as in LA (since the Italian Fed has cut financing until worlds, it seems)
In Torino she'll be again with Christa.

npavel

On the Ice
I wish she would have stayed with Frank and done the runthroughs.

Carolina always did her runthroughs and always did what Caroll said. And Caroll admire her for she is so hard working. A reporter diffuse this romor, but is's a lie. So stop diffuse it.
The fact she is training in Italy waiting for Christa is her choise and she get some help of a pupill of Christa. What's the problem?

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
Carolina always did her runthroughs and always did what Caroll said. And Caroll admire her for she is so hard working. A reporter diffuse this romor, but is's a lie. So stop diffuse it.
The fact she is training in Italy waiting for Christa is her choise and she get some help of a pupill of Christa. What's the problem?

I doubt she did the run-through. If Carolina had the similar training pattern as Mirai and Evan, which was to do full run-through every day, there's NO way she would bomb that bad.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I doubt she did the run-through. If Carolina had the similar training pattern as Mirai and Evan, which was to do full run-through every day, there's NO way she would bomb that bad.

Really?? That is not an evidenced based remark. Some skaters no matter how hard they train just cant land all those jumps under pressure . Consistency is a gift .

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
Really?? That is not an evidenced based remark. Some skaters no matter how hard they train just cant land all those jumps under pressure . Consistency is a gift .

If she 'just' fell twice, I could buy the 'pressure' argument. But she, one of the very top skaters in the world, kept on falling and popping 3, 4 and 5 times in a long program. There's no way it's just because of pressure. How many clean run-throughs has she done in practice? If she routinely falls twice or three times in a practice run-through, of course she's doomed to fall 4 or 5 times in a real competition under elevated pressure.

bekalc

Record Breaker
If she 'just' fell twice, I could buy the 'pressure' argument. But she, one of the very top skaters in the world, kept on falling and popping 3, 4 and 5 times in a long program. There's no way it's just because of pressure. How many clean run-throughs has she done in practice? If she routinely falls twice or three times in a practice run-through, of course she's doomed to fall 4 or 5 times in a real competition under elevated pressure.

Someone on another board said that Carolina's runthroughs weren't going well. There have never been any reports other than Sandra's creptic comment of Kostner not being a hard worker.

npavel

On the Ice
If you don't like her, ok, if you found it crazy she popped so bad, ok. But don't judge her based on what Sandra said once without checking it out. If you judge her for a lie someone spread, bad for you, because you have no right to do it. If you want to judge her, do it on facts, but not on rumors

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
And Sandra's comment doesn't mean that Carolina is a hardworker. There are different schools of thought, and the Russians use to big on fewer runthroughs and instead polishing different parts of the program. It doesn't mean that the Russians werne't trained didn't work hard.