Dreams on Ice | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dreams on Ice

breeze

Rinkside
I finally found time to watch some of the videos linked in this thread.

I have to say that I LOVE Akiko's program! I think it will be one of my favorites next season. And for some reason, it led me to think that she and Takahashi would be able to skate a great pair program in a show. Did they ever try that?

Oscilla

On the Ice
I was so surprised by Miki's program - totally not what I expected! It was fantastic, though - sort of exotic, hip-hop take on the Aranjuez theme. Very modern-balletic. Her performance reminded me a bit of Katarina Witt - not the style of the program, but Miki's presentation of it.

And wow, I loved that second spin with changes of positions right bang on the music!

prettykeys

Medalist
Thanks, MikiAndoFan#1 :)

I was so surprised by Miki's program - totally not what I expected! It was fantastic, though - sort of exotic, hip-hop take on the Aranjuez theme. Very modern-balletic. Her performance reminded me a bit of Katarina Witt - not the style of the program, but Miki's presentation of it.

And wow, I loved that second spin with changes of positions right bang on the music!
Oh yeah, the electronica threw me off a bit at first...but I really liked the performance - especially the ending spin. Miki's musicality really comes out in her show skates.