International (i.e. non-US) Ladies Speculation Thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

International (i.e. non-US) Ladies Speculation Thread

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I liked Miki''s LP - I thought it was a step forward for her in terms of musicality and attempts at interpretation.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I find this program to have almost nothing to do with the music. How did 5 jumping passes back-to-back-to-back with nothing but crossovers of the same style help to express this music? How did that frantic, jagged footwork bring the program to life? How did the back-to-back spins where she holds tons of positions forever do anything to help the program build? It's pretty telling that the music goes into a big crescendo and all she is doing is setting up the entrance to the next spin.

It's flat out bad choreography. Everything is set up to gain the most technical points in the easiest way possible, while ignoring the "second mark". Except judges will still give her decent scores on the second mark because she is "top competitor" and wearing a stunning dress. :mad:

kalle

On the Ice
I liked Miki''s LP - I thought it was a step forward for her in terms of musicality and attempts at interpretation. Her arms seemed much less frantic and Morozovian.

I'm sure she'll be attempting the 3Lz+3Lo later on, but it's still really early. That 2A+3T was great, though.

This is the first program since her 2007 LP that I actually found interesting :clap:

She felt slower than usual but I am not expecting anything else at this point.
Her jumps are very smooth, the 2A/3T was a cracker! I really liked the entrance to her 3L too. It feels like a sophisticated program and nice to see her taking her time on each and every element, I wonder if she has worked hard on her spins, they looked better than usual.
I am looking forward to how this program will progress with a little bit more speed and a 3Z/3L..her 3Z/2L looked so effortless!

sorcerer

Final Flight
I love this new program !!!!!

I like it even better than the suite Lea Ann Miller choreographed for her last season.

Morozov usually finishes Miki's programs very late into the season, and this year was no exception.
This Grieg program was completed only a week ago:
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2010100200339
(This can be verified on a Russian forum too. http://forum.fsonline.ru/index.php?showtopic=254)

So absolutely no doubt that this program will be further modified and polished !!

Yuka Sato who did the commentary on the TV broadcast picked especially this program in the ending summary and said "Tonight I was moved by Miki's beautiful performance."

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Miki has said this year is all about the jumps for her. that, and since the program is so new could be reasons some of you are let down. I was not expecting much, but find the program to suit her, she just needs some more meaningful choreography.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
No flip, even in a quesofest. The talk of bringing the flip back, making it a 7 triples lp is just that: talk.
I like her loop entrance. I like the 2a-3t combo. But everything else is horrible. Her sp is horrible. Miki is done if she keeps this layout.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
No flip, even in a quesofest. The talk of bringing the flip back, making it a 7 triples lp is just that: talk.
I like her loop entrance. I like the 2a-3t combo. But everything else is horrible. Her sp is horrible. Miki is done if she keeps this layout.

My guess is she has a flexible jump layout planned, meaning if she does 3lz-3lo then she replaces her 2nd 3lo with a 3f, but if she only does 3lz-2lo, then she doesn't have to do the 3f. She does 3f in her SP so it's not like she can't do that jump.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Miki's new LP looks almost exactly like her 08-09 Saint-Saens Organ Symphony LP, except to different music.

That was a very good program for her though, so I don't mind the similarities. Miki earned a monster score with her Organ Symphony LP at the 09 Worlds.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker

:sheesh:

Who said anything about Miki keeping this layout?

:rolleye:

"The talk of bringing the flip back"?

:confused:

Miki doesn't do Flips in the long program anymore, not even in "quesofests".

:rolleye:

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I thought the program looked very, very good with enormous room for growth. She looks very beautiful and I think her presentation was elegant. I also think she has been working on those evil spins!!! They look faster, neater and more interesting. I may just become a Miki fan!

What is a "quesofest"

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
That was a very good program for her though, so I don't mind the similarities. Miki earned a monster score with her Organ Symphony LP at the 09 Worlds.

Eh, I don't think that was a very good program either. "Firebird" is the only Miki LP that I find choreographically interesting and that program was back when she had less maturity. "Jezel" showed a lot of promise but sadly she never developed it further and dropped the program for the inferior one which I am now quoting about. :confused2:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Eh, I don't think that was a very good program either. "Firebird" is the only Miki LP that I find choreographically interesting and that program was back when she had less maturity. "Jezel" showed a lot of promise but sadly she never developed it further and dropped the program for the inferior one which I am now quoting about. :confused2:

She dropped Giselle because Yukari also had a program to Giselle and the judges preferred Yukari's version to Miki's (it was softer and lighter). I thought the Organ Symphony suited Miki's strengths much better.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
"Giselle", sorry for the spelling error. Miki should have attempted to make her program better. Her cut of the music was much more hard-driving than Yukari's and it wasn't criticized for lacking softness, it was criticized for being choreographically empty. Organ Symphony wasn't any different and I disagree that it played to her strengths better. She isn't Irina Slutskaya; she may have some big jumps but she doesn't have that purely wild energy. There is some a little more demure about Miki. "Giselle" was great for her, it just needed more detail and more practice. I loved her 2Axel-2Loop-2Loop combination in that program (which is the ONLY time I've ever said that about a 3-jump combination that does the same jump twice on the end) because it went perfectly with the beats of the music.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Here's Akiko's new SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHh8IOrjNY

She looked good! I know she doesn't have the jumps and crazy-fast spins that some of the younger skaters do but she finishes off her moves and has expression like no other skater out there today. I'm so glad she'll be be around this season. Good luck Akiko!