International (i.e. non-US) Ladies Speculation Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

International (i.e. non-US) Ladies Speculation Thread

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think she keeps both her programs... Because
-her ISU bio was updated and it reveals last season programs;
-I guess she had no time for mastering new programs because of an injury.

I heard she has 2 new programs, they had already been choreographed, so I don't know why she wouldn't use them. It was said she was seen practicing a new FS back in May and that the music was Chicago or Cabaret. I think her ISU bio was just incorrectly updated, or not updated at all. But she does have new programs, she was supposed to debut them at the end of her summer training, she didn't because she was injured, but you think she could still practice the choreo and just leave out the toe pick jumps she has to do.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I heard she has 2 new programs, they had already been choreographed, so I don't know why she wouldn't use them. It was said she was seen practicing a new FS back in May and that the music was Chicago or Cabaret. I think her ISU bio was just incorrectly updated, or not updated at all. But she does have new programs, she was supposed to debut them at the end of her summer training, she didn't because she was injured, but you think she could still practice the choreo and just leave out the toe pick jumps she has to do.

Christina Gao's ISU bio wasn't updated as well, but she has 2 new programs. So I think the same with Anna

Eris

On the Ice
Christina Gao's ISU bio wasn't updated as well, but she has 2 new programs. So I think the same with Anna
Christina's bio was not updated at all, Anna's just says about last year programs, all the other things are new.

Anyway, I want new programs for her, I am just not sure...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Christina's bio was not updated at all, Anna's just says about last year programs, all the other things are new.

Anyway, I want new programs for her, I am just not sure...

All the other things are not new. Her height, practice hours, hobbies, etc have not been updated since last season, it appears that they started to update her bio but then didn't after she pulled out of the first event in Courchevel. Now, maybe her height and practice hours and hobbies have not changed since last season, but there is a good chance they have, to me it looks like her bio was not completely updated and that the only thing changed was the season of the programs (2009-2010 to 2010-2011), but not the actual programs. I tend to think she has new programs, I know they were made, the only possibility is that she chose to abandon the new programs after getting injured, but that seems unlikely given all the time and money that go into creating new programs.

Eris

On the Ice
All the other things are not new. Her height, practice hours, hobbies, etc have not been updated since last season
Hobbies were: music, dancing, ballet, computer
Now: music, dancing, reading, being with friends, history
And the height was 158, as far as I rembeber.

I don't know, were any JGP in Japan before? Can we hope to get videos or photos?

ayayukiituka

On the Ice

I don't know, were any JGP in Japan before? Can we hope to get videos or photos?

I think it'll be not allowed because we can't take videos or photes at even local competitions.

by the way,I have a feeling there're many talented skaters in China,Zijun Li,Zhang Kexin and Zhang Xuehan,Yan Han .....

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Those changes were made before Junior Worlds, I definitely remember that her hobbies and height changed right before Junior Worlds.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
R.D.
Aha, but you see, that's what we THINK. We don't KNOW that for sure...both times I've followed the forums immediately after an Olympic cycle, the predictions made afterward have never turned out. There has always turned out to be some kind of spoiler thrown in.

She certainly seems strong as of now, but it remains to be seen if she can remain healthy with all the heavy jumping she's been doing- and also remain at her peak, which she seems to be hitting right about now.
Probably just by the nature of figure skating, is very hard to make prediction for next 4 years - it's a very big amount of time. Probably it is more rational to try to predict just the next season. It will be very interesting to see how Mao will perform during GP series... In the past season it was very shocking for me that she didn't make it to GPF. Later I was really surprised, but in a good way, that she was able to perform much better then. Finishing second on Olympics and then first at Worlds after a start like this is a separate accomplishment on its own.

I think that this season she will start better for sure and will make it to GPF. Then we'll see how others will perform.

As about Yuna, I won't be surprised if she will deliver great program even doing it for the first time at Worlds.

SerpentineSteps

Particularly the last paragraph:
"Kim, who has already mentioned she would only appear in the World Championships before starting the season, is now working on her new program."
Thank you. I knew about this, but the thing is that those vague mentions are, sometimes, incorrect. As this is not a direct quote from her, maybe the journalist is just referring to the previous news about Yuna, when she said that she will go to Worlds without going to Winter Games and so.
But it will be OK if will skip 4CC as well. But I don't think it is known for sure right now.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think it'll be not allowed because we can't take videos or photes at even local competitions.

by the way,I have a feeling there're many talented skaters in China,Zijun Li,Zhang Kexin and Zhang Xuehan,Yan Han .....

Are the rules in Japan different than elsewhere? Because so far there have been a number of homemade videos of JGP events.

breeze

Rinkside
Maybe I missed out the news, but does anybody know about Joannie Rochette's plan for the coming season? I enjoyed watching her continue to get mature and refined.

Taan

On the Ice
:sheesh: does anyone think FUMIE can do well this season? :confused: medal at her grand prixs?? :confused: make it to worlds? gpf? :confused: i'm rather nonplussed she is still competing...?? :confused:

Layfan

Record Breaker
:sheesh: does anyone think FUMIE can do well this season? :confused: medal at her grand prixs?? :confused: make it to worlds? gpf? :confused: i'm rather nonplussed she is still competing...?? :confused:

Me too. The real question is whether she steps up her game. She's a lovely skater but she hasn't stepped it up in a long time. Of course, she has every right to keep competiting if she wants to. But it would be interesting to ask her why? Does she think she can win with her content? Or does she just like being there?

NMURA

Medalist
I believe, if Suguri can't scores high enough to hang onto top 24 of the SB list, she is out. TEB will be her last international competition. In fact, the Japanese judges could be really harsh to Suguri at GPS. Almost all of her lutz and flips are downgraded at last year's nationals. That would be persuasive enough to decide retirement for "ordinary" skaters.

SkateSkates

Medalist
R.D.

As about Yuna, I won't be surprised if she will deliver great program even doing it for the first time at Worlds.

I totally agree. The last few seasons she seems to have a very strong debut. (07 Cup of China, 08 Skate America, 09 TEB) I can see her pulling off a program similar to these again

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm not holding my breath, but I do hope Kiira Korpi has a big breakthrough this season. When she doesn't get nervous she has more personality than Laura Lepisto, and with Lepisto out of the Grand Prix series, this is her time to make a statement.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I do wish Korpi would show some personality. If she did, she could really stand out.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Are the rules in Japan different than elsewhere? Because so far there have been a number of homemade videos of JGP events.

If the rules are same as national or local competitions,they won't do livestream and be allowed people taking videos,either...
But we're used to this sad situation,people can post the details of skaters' performance,so we will do no-video-play-by-play debate thing.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Maybe I missed out the news, but does anybody know about Joannie Rochette's plan for the coming season? I enjoyed watching her continue to get mature and refined.

I think she is leaning towards going to Natioanls to win a record breaking number of titles, but had not committed yet. She is not doing the GP and I would not be surprised I she didn't go to worlds even if she won Natioanls.