Fedor Andreev awaiting surgery | Golden Skate

Fedor Andreev awaiting surgery

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20110810/415340822.html

Moscow, August 10 - RIA news. Russian skater Fedor Andreev who ice dances with Yana Khokhlova, will soon undergo a surgery on an injured knee, says the athlete's coach and mother Marina Zueva to agency "R-Sport".

Andreev injured his knee in June 2011 after an unfortunate fall during practice. At their debut season last year, Khokhlova and Adnreev came fourth at Russian nationals, barely missing the national team for Europe and World. Khokhlova is a 2009 European champion and 2008 World bronze medalist in ice dancing together with Sergei Novitski.

"The knee injury proved quite serious and Fedor will soon need a surgery", said Zueva on the phone. "We're now considering when and when to conduct it. The surgery will take place in the US".

Talking to the agency, she noted that the skater "missed much time" after the injury. "Rehabilitation after the surgery will take at least six weeks", added Zueva. "We had everything ready for the new season back in May - both the programs and the costumes".

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Allegedly, Yana has been tentatively looking at other potential partners - she just doesn't know if Fedor will come back to ice from this.

babayaga

On the Ice
I feel bad for Yana. I hope she can find someone else to skate with, I don't want to see her end her career like this.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I did not have many expectations from this paring from the start, felt that Jana is just wasting her time... But of course the injury is sad. Hoping that Jana will now find a new partner quickly, too much time has already been wasted regarding the Olympics.