Patrick Chan | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SF for Prez!!!!

SF any news of Patrick. I almost feel like taking a swing by cricket club and granite club to get a sneak peak but I dont want to be a stalker!

Be our stalker and I will proclaim you our Dear Fearless Leader For Life. :bow: Or at least our Dear Fearless Stalker Du Jour. :rock:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Not much news from Patrick these days as he is still being secretive. Here he did an interview on Cantonese radio, answering mostly in English. He was asked about his parents, his friendships with old school mates, his training and views on his skating career as well as future plans.

http://iamhiliter.com/2012/06/canada-star-patrick-chan-interview-2/

some photos taken on that day:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4p0adXlaS1qchtzn.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4p0adXlaS1qchtzn.jpg
http://iamhiliter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Patrick-Deakin-600x337.png

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This video is newly uploaded/found though it was from last year. I :rofl: at Patrick's Cantonese name for Kucera! The jocks are well dressed here, including Patrick who looks good and so cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIaCPbVPIWs

Here's another photo of Patrick in a jacket, just to show us he too does dress (somewhat, almost) appropriately for the occasion. :p Sometimes.

http://www.coastreporter.net/articl...sechelt/jarvis-wins-athlete-of-the-year-award

eta. I found this following the above video, jokes on and by Patrick at the Canadians Gala.

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Be our stalker and I will proclaim you our Dear Fearless Leader For Life.
I second this! Go go go Emdee. :bow:

This video is newly uploaded/found though it was from last year. I :rofl: at Patrick's Cantonese name for Kucera! The jocks are well dressed here, including Patrick who looks good and so cute.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIaCPbVPIWs
LOL ... he said it with a straight face. :laugh: I like him in the white shirt with dark suit. :love:

Boeing787 said:
The radio jock is good looking too ... like Patrick. ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:laugh: Since when has Patrick cared to be a fashion icon? At least he was wearing something new for a change. :biggrin: Jeremy Ten, now that's a different story.

Someone in the Chinese forum put it best when Patrick's penchant for casual attires was being discussed: "When you are good looking and the World Champion, you can wear whatever you want!"

Moi, if given a choice between a collection of world best clothes and a body that makes any clothes look good, I'd take the latter in a heart beat. Better to be fit and beautiful in jeans and T-shirts than to be lumpy in expensive suits or gowns. But, that's just me.

Hey I actually agree (having some fun on the off skating season when there isn't much skating to talk about - if we are talking about patrick chan's "new suit" lol. I think Patrick or anyone should wear what they want as an expression of themselves. We have far too many rules. EVeryone whether they are world champion or not should be free to wear what they want - everyone deserves a respect and everyone should be seen as a somebody not just because they landed a quad or won a medal.

I never thought of Patrick as good looking but what do I know; he is a great skater for sure.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
EVeryone whether they are world champion or not should be free to wear what they want - everyone deserves a respect and everyone should be seen as a somebody not just because they landed a quad or won a medal.

Ahem, I don't think we are quite that free, legally or socially, while in public. :)

We still get judged by our appearances, whether or not we land a quad or won a medal. But known success does accord one with more freedom from the usual judgement which is people taking the appearance as the reflection of one's character and social status. But we can free ourselves from caring about such judgements too and it takes confidence, something a World Champion and other successful people have. Or cluelessness. Or a combination of both. Exhibit A:

Link deleted

etaa. I should add another possible motivation for free style dressing: Attention seeking.

I hate the emphasis on dressing "age appropriately". I think it's more important to dress according to one's lifestyle and body, and according to the occasion and the weather. Age does not always determine lifestyle and body conditions despite stereotypes.

Youth, fitness, and the well proportioned body types make almost all skaters very good looking and attractive.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
True. True True :) But one can hope we would be enlgihtened. But yes, generally the feminine, graceful, classically dressed with the classical music - ballet like with princessy overtunes is more desireable than the athletic masculine look in ladies. Somehow put a girl or a guy in a fluffy top and play some classical music with a few hand gestures and you are artsy LOL. Add some flowing locks...

you can dress nicely for reasonable amounts but somehow psychologically or media wise having Vera Wang design your outfit and you are suppose to be in style, artistic, best dressed. I don't agree but I do admit whether we like it or not just knowing you are wearing a 10,000 outfit you feel and skate more like a winner (and you probably are less likely to fall because you don't want to ruin this outfit worth more than your car :)

If Patrick wants some help i do image consulting and wardrobing for free for him. I am a bargain hunter - beautiful italian suits (Armani) regularly $2500 for $500 at Holt Renfrew in Canada (equivalent to Nordstrom's or Saks Fifth Avenue) It's not the money but the cut and drape - of course if you are an athlete things look good anyways.

Ravensque

On the Ice
You can't hide the fact that Patrick is a "cutie". I like him in shorts....(Obviously I'm a leg gal). He looks great in anything, and as long as he skates as well as he has been, I really don't care what he wears :)

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
You can't hide the fact that Patrick is a "cutie". I like him in shorts....(Obviously I'm a leg gal). He looks great in anything, and as long as he skates as well as he has been, I really don't care what he wears :)

ITA, I saw him in shorts in Taipei's show(AOI) last year and his legs were a pleasure to watch;)
He looks even more handsome in a dark suit in those videos SF posted before (thanks, SF).
But of course I love him best when he's skating great.

BTW, I'm just dying to know who'll be his coach and what his new programs will be like.
I think I can't wait any longer.

spikydurian

Medalist
SF, I couldn't open the picture on "expressions of people dressing".

I never thought of Patrick as good looking
You have poor taste! :scowl:

but what do I know; he is a great skater for sure.
Oh now you have good taste! ;)

BTW, I'm just dying to know who'll be his coach and what his new programs will be like.
I think I can't wait any longer.
Me too! That's why we are offering the position of SVP to Emdee if she agrees to be our Patrick-stalker. :biggrin:
I think Patrick is trying to punish us since we have often posted and joked that he's an open book and cannot keep secrets. Now he is proving otherwise. :p

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SF, I couldn't open the picture on "expressions of people dressing".

It's weird that it's now "Not Found".

Here it is again. See it quick, if you are curious enough to absolve me of any undesirable effect on you physically, mentally, emotionally, or in any other way.

Very expressively dressed people (no known skater)

eta. I've now changed the link to a video containing some of the same images.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
True. True True :) But one can hope we would be enlgihtened. But yes, generally the feminine, graceful, classically dressed with the classical music - ballet like with princessy overtunes is more desireable than the athletic masculine look in ladies. Somehow put a girl or a guy in a fluffy top and play some classical music with a few hand gestures and you are artsy LOL. Add some flowing locks...

It's off season and we sure have more fun in this thread than the serious, antsy, attack and defense threads. In the name of not so off topic fun, how about some photoshop magic to dress Patrick? Let's start with flowing locks since I've been curious about longer hair on him.

Skater Boy, you can be the virtual Image Consultant. Bring on the Armani suits! :rock:

Since I started this, I am setting a rule of no image from the Expressively Dress People allowed. :no:

spikydurian

Medalist
Here it is again. See it quick, if you are curious enough to absolve me of any undesirable effect on you physically, mentally, emotionally, or in any other way. Very expressively dressed people (no known skater)
:rofl: They 'make life more interesting'. :p

SkateFiguring said:
It's off season and we sure have more fun in this thread than the serious, antsy, attack and defense threads. In the name of not so off topic fun, how about some photoshop magic to dress Patrick? Let's start with flowing locks since I've been curious about longer hair on him.
Skater Boy, you can be the virtual Image Consultant. Bring on the Armani suits!
Since I started this, I am setting a rule of no image from the Expressively Dress People allowed.
Skater Boy, you brought this on to yourself. ;) Game on? Prove it! But make sure you follow the rule ie. 'no expressively dress people image allowed' otherwise we will maul you to pieces. :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry if this has already been posted but according to Chan's costume designer, his new choreographer is David Wilson. Here's Chan's costume designer twitter where the news was posted https://twitter.com/#!/TU_LY

Tweet: Getting goosebumps (literally) watching @PChiddy skate new competitive program by renowned choreographer David Wilson. #icetime

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sorry if this has already been posted but according to Chan's costume designer, his new choreographer is David Wilson. Here's Chan's costume designer twitter where the news was posted https://twitter.com/#!/TU_LY

Tweet: Getting goosebumps (literally) watching @PChiddy skate new competitive program by renowned choreographer David Wilson. #icetime

Of course he got goosebumps. He was wearing shorts in the rink. :p

OK OK, I get what he means. Thanks DobrinFan and Tu Ly for the confirmation.

Sounds and looks like the program is done and Patrick is practicing. No telling it's SP or LP though. Or the music. Still keeping the mystery, Paddy.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope it's something really good. Although I'm not a PChiddy uber, I do respect the guy and can see why he get the scores he recieve. I'm so looking forward to his new programs :yay:

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks DobrinFan for the the news from Tu Ly's twitter. At long last, confirmation that David Wilson is choreographing Patrick's programs (still not sure whether both or just one of them). Looking forward to what David has created for Patrick.
Yeah, SF, if not for Tu Ly letting 1/4 of the cat out of the bag, we will still be wondering.:laugh:

Ravensque

On the Ice
Thanks DobrinFan for the the news from Tu Ly's twitter. At long last, confirmation that David Wilson is choreographing Patrick's programs (still not sure whether both or just one of them). Looking forward to what David has created for Patrick.
Yeah, SF, if not for Tu Ly letting 1/4 of the cat out of the bag, we will still be wondering.:laugh:

Great news I think.....now if we could just find out all the rest. I don't know why all the secrecy every year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Let's start of analysis of Mr. Chan. Physicque - slender. does not have an inverted triangle really but very toned. Quite lithe. May need to "grow" or create some faux shoulders (or start working out in the gym more). Legs - I will take your word for it but while he might look good casually in skinny jeans and perhaps a plaid shirt or for his lifestyle and being world champion better yet a think cashmere v neck say in electric blue with a crisp white t-shirt. Then some kind of military inspired blzer and a newsboy cap. He could rock this with some square toed Steve Madden's - I suggest the Madden's over laceless Lacoste or whie Pumas because that is so overdone and chan is an international superstar/athlete in the public eye. He needs to be able to look chic for talk shows and he isn't a teen any more. A body consciouslook like this would not make Mr. Chan look so much like an overt sexual object. It says business still - he's a skater not a Hollywood pretty boy. this could be a casual chic look. I actually think Armani is all wrong for Patrick's look. I am thinking more Dolce Gabana - no nothing like Elton John (with due respect). Something that says martini bar. The shorter jacket would look great on a slim person whose stature is not particularly overwhelming (tall). About the hair. People I think long hair on Patrick would be wrong - the hair would be wearing him. It is important that as Patrick metamorphasizes from a caterpillar into a beautiful or more beautiful butterfly that Chan maintains a sense of who he is. We want Patrick to be Patrick - perhaps just a more refined Patrick. So had that light grey jacket had matching pants and perhapslight brown shoes or even more chic say Prada velvet grey slipper shoes and a silk tshirt or a nice collared shirt say by E|nglish laundry with a little pizzaz and contrasting sleeves he would be a sharper more sophisticated Patrick. let's not try to go John Mayer on him. Actually for a more formal look the ratpack look - fitted italian suit with a slim tie would be sharp. I think Paddy could pull off whimsy - wild jacket or shirt but it might look more showing on him. He can be understaned but chic - it helps he is in shape. However let's not get into the tight fitted spandex look - I don't care how skinny or muscular you are- if God wanted you to look like a stuffed sausage he wouldn't have made clothes. Spandex may have been just an off day - lol. \More later as this is just off the top of my head (oh dear goodness we really need some skating competitions and soon!)