Patrick Chan | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Have not read 64 pages of chan fest as I am a sometime fan, not an uber and who has time? Not even I. Can someone tell me who is going to coach and choreograph or who is not at least. Isn't Toronto Brian's home base? I am really hoping he goes with David Wilson for both programs, as he is the best, along with Lori. Has Orser been ruled out? I feel he was very hurt by Yuna/Mom?ATS whoever. He was very hurt. He is a male skater with 2 silver OLy medals which could have been gold. Who better to guide patrick to the gold in Sochi? I have said PC is a lock, but maybe not. Changes in scoring of jumps are possible and PC's falls will hurt him if things change.

I just want to know without reading pages who is likely his team, and who is ruled out. Thanks SF who sems to be a PC expert. Or the other couple ubers who do this thread for latest concise info.

Nothing's been announced outside that he's getting two new programs. He'll be training in Toronto.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Have not read 64 pages of chan fest as I am a sometime fan, not an uber and who has time? Not even I. Can someone tell me who is going to coach and choreograph or who is not at least.

That's understandable. I don't have time to read through Takahashi uber thread either.:biggrin: Right now, your guess is as good as anyone in this thread.

New interview video while meeting fans in Winnipeg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicgXqoHRsY

Thanks! So he admires Browning, Lambiel, and Takahashi.

I can't imagine Kurt being his coach. They are goofballs together.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Nothing's been announced outside that he's getting two new programs. He'll be training in Toronto.

Sorry, I too have read only a bit of this thread, so apologies in advance if the following has been thoroughly discussed already:
Chan's website says that he has deferred admission to Colorado College until Sep 2012. Even if that means starting with only one course this fall, seems that he will be earning more frequent-flier miles than usual?

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick's education plan was postponed mainly because of the costs since he trains in the U.S and this situation hasn't changed. So we don't know if he will attend college officially or not this year. He can conceivably do part time university if he resides and trains in Canada. What's known is that he does self studies and is being tutored in Mandarin at least and that he has applied to various schools including Harvard.

Colorado College offers intensive consecutive courses which seem ideal for someone of his schedule.

Patrick's education plan was postponed mainly because of the costs since he trains in the U.S and this situation hasn't changed. So we don't know if he will attend college officially or not this year. He can conceivably do part time university if he resides and trains in Canada. What's known is that he does self studies and is being tutored in Mandarin at least and that he has applied to various schools including Harvard.

Colorado College offers intensive consecutive courses which seem ideal for someone of his schedule.

After witnessing the effectiveness of Michelle's "ten-year plan," I know that a committed skater can complete his/her education eventually. It doesn't have to be on schedule. I think that the next two seasons will be full enough for Patrick without his having to write political science papers as well, and also as you say there are the costs. He's probably already spending the equivalent of college tuition on his coaching and other training requirements. I'm glad he's being tutored in Mandarin. That will help him immeasurably in many possible careers in the future.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Not much news from Patrick these days as he is still being secretive. Here he did an interview on Cantonese radio, answering mostly in English. He was asked about his parents, his friendships with old school mates, his training and views on his skating career as well as future plans.

http://iamhiliter.com/2012/06/canada-star-patrick-chan-interview-2/

A couple of earlier videos from Halifax:

http://vimeo.com/42881528 (Don't need to search for part 1. I tried. :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t95dtUl5Jfc

spikydurian

Medalist
Chan is promoting 2013 Worlds in a new 17-second video for Skate Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPSZXvlh0so&feature=youtu.be
Thanks golden411. Worlds 2013 London is not far off.

Not much news from Patrick these days as he is still being secretive. Here he did an interview on Cantonese radio, answering mostly in English. He was asked about his parents, his friendships with old school mates, his training and views on his skating career as well as future plans.
http://iamhiliter.com/2012/06/canada-star-patrick-chan-interview-2/
:laugh: Patrick, good try.
Keep his fans wondering for a longer period. :p

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SVP = "please" but literally "if it pleases you". Just my welcome and plead to follow Patrick fan Durian.

Eta. I see SVP may be Senior Vice President. That would be OK too! :yes:

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
I didnt even think Sil vous plait!
I was like what - SpikyD is now the SVP of the Fan Club I hope I am at least the First VP!! Acknowledge you are the P!!!

spikydurian

Medalist
SF, don't use French with me .. not many Aussies know French unless they learn it as second language in school. :biggrin:
SVP of Patrick Fan Club? You are kidding me. The 'S' suits me (if you know what I mean) so I am contented with being the SCM ... (Senior) Committee Member. :laugh:
Emdee, you can fight it out with SF for President. Shall we have a ballot? Where are the 'rest'? Wake up! ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Patrick is known to be all serious on ice and all goofy off it. I suspect Kurt may be the same way. They are world champions not by being goofy.

Here is Patrick in an unexpected/unusual suit:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6247807038.268203.129815677038&type=1&theater

I suspect Tess had a hand in this.

It's actually not a suit but light grey chinos and polished cotton jacket I think with a mottled t-shirt. I think a suit would have been more appropriate and perhas a v neck silk tshirt or an open collared shirt and a pocket square in contrasting color. Sorry, Patrick does not score well for being a fashion icon in his personal wardrobe. Sort of Miami Vice meets the mafia in the spring meets Abercombie and Fitch boy.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It's actually not a suit but light grey chinos and polished cotton jacket I think with a mottled t-shirt. I think a suit would have been more appropriate and perhas a v neck silk tshirt or an open collared shirt and a pocket square in contrasting color. Sorry, Patrick does not score well for being a fashion icon in his personal wardrobe. Sort of Miami Vice meets the mafia in the spring meets Abercombie and Fitch boy.

:laugh: Since when has Patrick cared to be a fashion icon? At least he was wearing something new for a change. :biggrin: Jeremy Ten, now that's a different story.

Someone in the Chinese forum put it best when Patrick's penchant for casual attires was being discussed: "When you are good looking and the World Champion, you can wear whatever you want!"

Moi, if given a choice between a collection of world best clothes and a body that makes any clothes look good, I'd take the latter in a heart beat. Better to be fit and beautiful in jeans and T-shirts than to be lumpy in expensive suits or gowns. But, that's just me.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Emdee, you can fight it out with SF for President. Shall we have a ballot? Where are the 'rest'? Wake up! ;)

I was ready to ruthlessly gun for the title of Dear Fearless Leader For Life :rock: until I thought, "Poor Patrick. Just what he needs, another power struggle among those who are supposed to love him."

I therefore selflessly suppress my personal ambition and will support any self proclaimed Prez. :bow:

spikydurian

Medalist
ISorry, Patrick does not score well for being a fashion icon in his personal wardrobe.
Skater Boy, it doesn't matter so long he scores well in skating competitions. Priorities (and life is full of them).. better spend on training costs. ;)

Someone in the Chinese forum put it best when Patrick's penchant for casual attires was being discussed: "When you are good looking and the World Champion, you can wear whatever you want!"
:thumbsup: Absolutely correct.

I therefore selflessly suppress my personal ambition and will support any self proclaimed Prez.
Oh how honourable of you, SF. :rolleye: :biggrin:

emdee

Final Flight
SF for Prez!!!!

SF any news of Patrick. I almost feel like taking a swing by cricket club and granite club to get a sneak peak but I dont want to be a stalker!