The rink is out! | Golden Skate

The rink is out!

treesprite

Final Flight
No skating today! We had a horrible storm that killed the power to at least half of my area, including the skating rink. It's been closed since Friday night when the storm hit. Lots of people aren't going to have electricity for a while (mine was back after 24 hours). I saw a house smashed right across the middle by a big tree, numerous tree-smashed cars, and half of the county's traffic lights are still out (according to county website).

So does anyone know how long it takes to get the ice solid again, enough to skate on it without squishing into it or getting wet? I hope by tomorrow, but I kind of doubt it. Maybe I should call and ask (if anyone is even there).

mskater93

Record Breaker
It depends. What was the temperature of the ice beforehand? How cold is the building? How un-frozen did it get before the power kicked back on? Typically a day or 2 will do it once the power is back on

treesprite

Final Flight
They opened back up. I missed my day though, and there are only a couple days a week I can go, the next one not being until Friday. I wish I could just walk into the next room and skate whenever I feel like it. If I was rich I'd make my own rink.