Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Custom Title
    So Lipnitskaya, Shelepen and Titushkina are out of Russian nationals. But good news for Fedoseeva, Li and Gosviani.
    If anyone else withdraws, next ones in the line are Agafonova, then Zaseeva and then Sheveleva.

What's going on with Bazarova-Larionov? I can't find them on the list. Are they injured?
    Last edited by hanca; 12-23-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    So Lipnitskaya, Shelepen and Titushkina are out of Russian nationals. But good news for Fedoseeva, Li and Gosviani.
    If anyone else withdraws, next ones in the line are Agafonova, then Zaseeva and then Sheveleva.

What's going on with Bazarova-Larionov? I can't find them on the list. Are they injured?
    No, they are not injured. Larionov changed skates about two weeks ago after the gpf because something happened with his last skates. He did not have enough time to break into his new skates so they are skipping nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post

What happened to Shelepen and Titushkina?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    What happened to Shelepen and Titushkina?
    Shelepen is still injured. I am really worried about her, it looks like her coaching change is a disaster. I am seriously afraid this is the end of her carrier and her only hope is to run back to Tutberidze. She was improving so nicely last season, it's heartbreaking to see what is happening with her now.

I didn't see any official info on Titushkina, but I read on a Russian forum it's health related, no details.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Agafanova didn't even qualify for nationals??i ll miss her for sure :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    No, they are not injured. Larionov changed skates about two weeks ago after the gpf because something happened with his last skates. He did not have enough time to break into his new skates so they are skipping nationals.
    Yes, it is so. Gorshkov (President of Federation) told so, and there is private info that it is really so.

I believe, Federation does not want any risk of injury for one of two best Russian pairs before Worlds, where will be solved how many spots will have Russia for Olympics, and because of this B&L have their place at Euro and Worlds without Nationals.

Btw, Trankov told in interwiev, that Nationals will be for them (V&T) not a competition, but "test skate with judges" to make their programs as good as possible.
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/7277.html (Russian)
    So for V&T also it is not a real qualifying competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Agafanova didn't even qualify for nationals??i ll miss her for sure :(
    Agafanova is not so good this season. Her results are really worse than before. May be because of changing her body because of puberty.

Custom Title
    Wow. Liza, Adelina and Elena were all fantastic today. I saw the scores before watching the programs and was surprised to see Liza's PCS higher than Adelina's, but Liza is really starting to improve her presentation a lot more. After watching the programs, I still prefer Adelina but the difference in placement was due to Liza's more ambitious jumps so I am happy with the SP result.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Wow. Liza, Adelina and Elena were all fantastic today. I saw the scores before watching the programs and was surprised to see Liza's PCS higher than Adelina's, but Liza is really starting to improve her presentation a lot more. After watching the programs, I still prefer Adelina but the difference in placement was due to Liza's more ambitious jumps so I am happy with the SP result.
    I thought there would be more of a tech difference, but I guess it's understandable because Liza doesn't get all level 4 spins. (Although Adelina probably didn't get credit for the Biellmann.) I hope that Liza can get higher SS and spin levels by worlds though. If she can have level 4 on all spins and level 3 for both footwork sequences, she could definitely find herself on the podium with two perfect programs.

I hope Adelina will go back to the 3Lz+3Lo instead of the 3Lz+3T: she makes mistakes in both but, at least, the old one has a higher BV and, comparing this season performances:
    at Russian test she didn't land one
    Nebelhorn mistake in 3Lz
    at SA nicely done
    CoR fall in 3Lz
    at nationals fall
    Last year she had a couple of good ones, at least...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I hope Adelina will go back to the 3Lz+3Lo instead of the 3Lz+3T: she makes mistakes in both but, at least, the old one has a higher BV
    The problem is that it is more difficult to rotate the 3R than the 3T, so although it has a higher BV she can actually complete the rotation of the 3T if she lands a nice 3Z. It seems to be a trend that the younger skaters are focusing on 3T combos, and I think it may be due to the fact that the women can still land that combo even after puberty, whereas the loop becomes difficult when their bodies fill out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Polina AGAFONOVA, born 02 Apr 1996.
    St.Petersburg, coach Alexei Urmanov, Angelina Turenko from "Mishin's team of coaches".
    2005/06 - Zhuk-Y 3rd place (4th was Adelina Sotnikova).
    WJC-2010 - 3rd place (it was her best season).
    2011/12 - RusNat 14th, RusYunNat 4th with best score in season - 170.69. Two events of JGP-2011, both 3rd place. Was at Substitute Entry for WC-2012.

Member of "Team Russia" from 2006/07 to now.

ISU biography http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012242.htm
    (but height now is 154 cm, she grows)

ISU JGP Austria 2012, Main Entry.

She is about second (after Elena Radionova) of Russian Junior Ladies, pretending for JGP Events.

Photos
    http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image10776.jpg
    http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image13308.jpg
    Many photos http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/98/photo/

Videos

RusYunNat-2012
    SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc-hFqkcLZU
    FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82YJKGsrnnY
    I'm just wondering is she not competing this season??

Custom Title
    She competed several times in domestic events but did so poor best she could do was be an alternate for nationals after being pulled from a jr gp event.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    She competed several times in domestic events but did so poor best she could do was be an alternate for nationals after being pulled from a jr gp event.
    Thank you for the quick answer. She was great when she was younger, even TT was clapping hands after one of her performance at Nationals one year, I remember clearly. I like her very Russian style.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    I'm just wondering is she not competing this season??
    Polina Agafonova
    Coupe de Nice 2012 - 6th place, see http://nice-baie-des-anges.fr/images...html/index.htm
    Russian Cup events II and IV - both 5th place.
    Panin Memorial - 1st place (no serious competitors), http://fsevents.narod.ru/event/s1213/panin/index.htm (Russian)

She was 12th on result of Russian Cup Events. Because only places 11th and higher were at Nationals, she did not take place in Nationals.

This season, unfortunately, Polina Agafonova skates worse than before.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast